This I feel is Dak's Achille's heal

Xeven

Reaction score
Garret thought him to stay in pocket and not scramble. All downhill since 2016.

starfan1

Reaction score
Maybe the Packers were also better in 2014.
The problem was the defense both years. In 14 and 16 the offense was good enough

Now it’s a mixed bag one week the defense is lights out the next against quality teams they get beat up. The offense fail to make crucial plays at crucial times

Need to play good complimentary football. This defense feeds off turnovers

Cmac

Reaction score
Remember when Dallas was playing Philly the last season of the game? Romo comes in and in a commanding way march's Dallas right down the field and throws a td. Romo wanted to play the rest of the game but Dallas wouldn't let him because I think they knew he would ball out and their would be a contreversery brewing.
......butt what did Romo win? What big games? What big matchups?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
lol, no, it's just that I don't have a narrative I'm married to

An NFL QB does not exist as a top 10 QB if the game is too fast for him.

It's nonsensical to suggest an NFL QB can do that by "magic", as CowboysFever1973 said.

This is the NFL - the top level of all of football. Being top 8-10 at a position doesn't magically happen, and a guy doesn't just stumble into it like Forrest Gump.

So, again, it's not unreasonable to say Dak isn't at the level of the best QBs in the NFL, but to suggest the game is too fast for one of the top 8-10 QBs in the NFL just doesn't make sense.
what does that even mean that the game is too fast for him? is that an eye test because you are married to your narrative? you took a single play and said, because of this play the game is too fast. without actually looking at the all 22 and see the play develop from different angles and that if you take a single play then we can do the same for every QB and make the same case.

and what's the expectations of a top 8-10 QB? knowing that of all of those top 2 is probably elite and the rest are good or good enough to be considered top 10, which means they are not elite, they will make mistakes.

its not unreasonable to say Dak is top 8-10 based on every statistical measure out there and its compared to everybody else who is also considered top 8-10 by many folks on this very board.

which leads me to think, you do have a predetermined narrative you are arguing and are not objective.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If only Prescot had the ability to look for more than ONE target when he's looking to pass the football. There were several opportunities that would have helped out the Cowboys bigtime in drives against the Eagles. But no, he would lock on to his first read who would be covered like a blanket and try to squeeze the dam ball in, when other targets were running free as the wind waving their arms trying to get Prescot's attention, but he never looked at other for targets............. Once he's pressured in a game he goes into panic mode and that's the difference between him and the real stud QBs in the league. The real studs don't panic and they still have the ability to locate OPEN receivers and TEs.
are you sure he doesn't do that? or are you basing it on just one play? you say it as if that's what happens on every play.

also, there are quite a few on this board on another thread that argued that Dak should have known that Steele wasn't playing good and was going to give up pressure, so he should just get rid of the ball instead of taking a sack. but here we are asking for him to go through multiple reads. ok, lets do that, then given the bad pass protection we had (no one will argue that) then he would take sacks, which leads to the thread that Dak takes too many sacks.

sounds like no matter what happens, he has done the wrong thing.

and lets not forget that despite all of that, we had 370+ yards, 66% completion (with three easy drops) and 3 TDs. that's a good day anywhere,

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Dak threw for 374 yards, 3 TDs, and 0 interceptions in a game Dallas lost 28-23.

I've been very critical of Dak at times, but if you're complaining about him after this game there is nothing positive I can say about your football opinions.
A blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It does make sense if you look at the numbers correctly, which apparently you have not.
This is just a general statement without any supporting facts or logic.

BTW, what is the "correct" way to look at the numbers? Is it to ignore what they actually are in favor of what you choose to believe?

Absent any personal opinion/narrative, what the numbers say is Dak is top 5 to top 10 in every QB statistical category except yards, where he is just outside top 10.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then.
He threw for 304 yards and 4 TDs the game before that. This "blind squirrel" is 4th in the NFL in QB Rating, and 7th in the NFL in passer rating.

These are the stats - the facts. Not personal opinion or planned narrative.

All you are giving is personal opinion with no support in fact or logic and pretending it passes as fact

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
what does that even mean that the game is too fast for him? is that an eye test because you are married to your narrative? you took a single play and said, because of this play the game is too fast. without actually looking at the all 22 and see the play develop from different angles and that if you take a single play then we can do the same for every QB and make the same case.

and what's the expectations of a top 8-10 QB? knowing that of all of those top 2 is probably elite and the rest are good or good enough to be considered top 10, which means they are not elite, they will make mistakes.

its not unreasonable to say Dak is top 8-10 based on every statistical measure out there and its compared to everybody else who is also considered top 8-10 by many folks on this very board.

which leads me to think, you do have a predetermined narrative you are arguing and are not objective.
I'm a little confused. You seem to be agreeing with what I have said, yet also claiming I have a predetermined narrative and are not objective

Maybe this was directed to others and you just quoted me as a support for what I was saying?

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm a little confused. You seem to be agreeing with what I have said, yet also claiming I have a predetermined narrative and are not objective

Maybe this was directed to others and you just quoted me as a support for what I was saying?
Is the game too fast for all non elite QBs? And if the game is too fast...then how did he end up with 66% completion rate, 370 yards, 3 TDs? With a pylon at RT. Luck?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
A healthy Romo could have done that in 16 or better. Cowboy's decided they had a new guy.
I loved Romo more than anyone. I still say he’s the most underrated QB all time. But he was done. He literally could not withstand being tackled anymore.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Just throw the ball over his head. That blitzer isn't 12' tall.
If he does this (Assuming he could get the ball off) what of the saftey sitting on the G waiting for that pass. You put air under that ball its in play for that saftey...again they knew the blitz was comming the play was designed for it, the read was the saftey and he made the correct read Schoon just didnt get in...

shabazz

Reaction score
God bless both of them but our last two quarterbacks just haven't been finishers.

We can debate why, but we've got an 18 year sample size and although the excuses and explanations vary, the result doesn't.

It's inexplicable. like how a posi-track works.....it just does

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
If he does this (Assuming he could get the ball off) what of the saftey sitting on the G waiting for that pass. You put air under that ball its in play for that saftey...again they knew the blitz was comming the play was designed for it, the read was the saftey and he made the correct read Schoon just didnt get in...
A game of inches. Maybe three inches and Schoon gets in, if Dak does not step out of bounds about 4 inches the game is won.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
A game of inches. Maybe three inches and Schoon gets in, if Dak does not step out of bounds about 4 inches the game is won.
I agree with you guys, dak has never lost or cost us a game. Them haters piss me off.