This I feel is Dak's Achille's heal

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
That blown up pass to Tolbert, Ferguson is wide open down the middle. That pass to Schoonmaker at the goal line. Man Cooks is wide freakin open and Dak never looks that way. He goes to the I guess the first guy in his progression and boom Eagles have the ball.
For some reason the right-side edge rusher got a free lane right towards Dak's face. Did Steele blow ANOTHER assignment? Not sure. Maybe that was on Martin. The ball is batted down if he goes to Cooks. That was the right read, and it was a TD but Shoonmaker was tackled too early. Should've been a flag there.

And he did miss Ferguson coming free in the middle. Bad read by Dak.

Here's The Great Aaron "Generational QB" Rodgers missing wide open receivers all game.

Just type in Aaron Rodgers missing open receivers. There's A LOT of videos on that.

There is not one QB who plays a perfect game when they are constantly under duress. Dak kept us in that game and you want to criticize him on one play? :facepalm:

Brady had some bad games against the Ravens, Jets and the Giants, where he missed open receivers because he was too worried where the pass rush was coming from. Hell, even our defense frustrated Brady all game long in the playoffs.

Just wanted to make some points here. Carry on with your agenda. :)

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
I get it if a person doesn't think Dak is among the top tier of QB's in the league.

In fact, I don't think he is either.

But this comment is ridiculous.

It's not unrealistic to say he is a top 8-10 QB in the NFL, but the worst I can imagine anyone reasonably rating him is 10-12. He's top 10 in every QB category (some top 5) except total yards, and that's only because he had his bye week and several others haven't.
It's not ridiculous, it's true. You just don't understand.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. Dak is a B+ QB. I feel he is a great leader and a hard worker. The problem I feel with Dak is that he has tunnel vision at times and most importantly he has it in the most crucial times. I don't know if it's the higher pressure causing it but I have seen enough over the years to know it's a problem. Here it is. For whatever reason he doesn't go through his reads and he doesn't always hit the receiver that is his best option. That blown up pass to Tolbert, Ferguson is wide open down the middle. That pass to Schoonmaker at the goal line. Man Cooks is wide freakin open and Dak never looks that way. He goes to the I guess the first guy in his progression and boom Eagles have the ball. And that's the difference from being good to great. The Bradys, the Manning's the Montana's and Mahome's make these plays. For whatever the reason, Dak doesn't more times than not. And this team will never get over the hump until that is solved. I hope like hell that McCarthy and Schottenheimer are going over it with Dak and telling him, "We've got to make these reads and hit the open guy." Don't get me wrong. I do like him. I do feel he's a good QB. He's just not great and that's what this team needs right now.
Cowturd is that you? I mean Cowherd.

SackMaster

Reaction score
For some reason the right-side edge rusher got a free lane right towards Dak's face. Did Steele blow ANOTHER assignment? Not sure. Maybe that was on Martin. The ball is batted down if he goes to Cooks. That was the right read, and it was a TD but Shoonmaker was tackled too early. Should've been a flag there.

And he did miss Ferguson coming free in the middle. Bad read by Dak.

Here's The Great Aaron "Generational QB" Rodgers missing wide open receivers all game.

Just type in Aaron Rodgers missing open receivers. There's A LOT of videos on that.

There is not one QB who plays a perfect game when they are constantly under duress. Dak kept us in that game and you want to criticize him on one play? :facepalm:

Brady had some bad games against the Ravens, Jets and the Giants, where he missed open receivers because he was too worried where the pass rush was coming from. Hell, even our defense frustrated Brady all game long in the playoffs.

Just wanted to make some points here. Carry on with your agenda. :)

If everyone watched games the way they watched "their team" play, you would see them do everything that fans have complained about with Romo / Dak.

The only difference? In Dallas, it is the QBs fault 150% of the time. No ifs, ands or buts.

I remember Crayton dropping a WIDE OPEN pass in a playoff game where he likely scores if he just caught the ball first, but then read how "Romo threw it too low" or "Romo wasn't accurate enough".

Or when Romo was sacked "only" 6 times against the Vikings and you had people typing how Romo should have seen the passrush coming and got rid of the ball faster / couldn't read an NFL defense fast enough.
:facepalm:

Sounds familiar, right?

I REALLY understand why so many football fans think Cowboys fans are the stupidest in all of sports.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not ridiculous, it's true. You just don't understand.
lol, no, it's just that I don't have a narrative I'm married to

An NFL QB does not exist as a top 10 QB if the game is too fast for him.

It's nonsensical to suggest an NFL QB can do that by "magic", as CowboysFever1973 said.

This is the NFL - the top level of all of football. Being top 8-10 at a position doesn't magically happen, and a guy doesn't just stumble into it like Forrest Gump.

So, again, it's not unreasonable to say Dak isn't at the level of the best QBs in the NFL, but to suggest the game is too fast for one of the top 8-10 QBs in the NFL just doesn't make sense.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. Dak is a B+ QB. I feel he is a great leader and a hard worker. The problem I feel with Dak is that he has tunnel vision at times and most importantly he has it in the most crucial times. I don't know if it's the higher pressure causing it but I have seen enough over the years to know it's a problem. Here it is. For whatever reason he doesn't go through his reads and he doesn't always hit the receiver that is his best option. That blown up pass to Tolbert, Ferguson is wide open down the middle. That pass to Schoonmaker at the goal line. Man Cooks is wide freakin open and Dak never looks that way. He goes to the I guess the first guy in his progression and boom Eagles have the ball. And that's the difference from being good to great. The Bradys, the Manning's the Montana's and Mahome's make these plays. For whatever the reason, Dak doesn't more times than not. And this team will never get over the hump until that is solved. I hope like hell that McCarthy and Schottenheimer are going over it with Dak and telling him, "We've got to make these reads and hit the open guy." Don't get me wrong. I do like him. I do feel he's a good QB. He's just not great and that's what this team needs right now.
LOL, this is too funny Dak is a A+ QB, this is a joke of a poster bruh!!! You did give me a good laugh

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If everyone watched games the way they watched "their team" play, you would see them do everything that fans have complained about with Romo / Dak.

The only difference? In Dallas, it is the QBs fault 150% of the time. No ifs, ands or buts.

I remember Crayton dropping a WIDE OPEN pass in a playoff game where he likely scores if he just caught the ball first, but then read how "Romo threw it too low" or "Romo wasn't accurate enough".

Or when Romo was sacked "only" 6 times against the Vikings and you had people typing how Romo should have seen the passrush coming and got rid of the ball faster / couldn't read an NFL defense fast enough.
:facepalm:

Sounds familiar, right?

I REALLY understand why so many football fans think Cowboys fans are the stupidest in all of sports.
Exactly. But some people are too unwilling - or unable - to think logically and recognize this.

starfan1

Reaction score
No he couldn't have. If he could, he would have done it by that point in his career.

Romo is way overrated. You guys act like he's this legend on par with the greats like Montana and Brady. Romo doesn't even belong in the conversation with Danny White.
Ya he sure is revered a lot around here.it must be that whole UDFA rags to riches theme
Like they have amnesia

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Eagles not elite?
If only Prescot had the ability to look for more than ONE target when he's looking to pass the football. There were several opportunities that would have helped out the Cowboys bigtime in drives against the Eagles. But no, he would lock on to his first read who would be covered like a blanket and try to squeeze the dam ball in, when other targets were running free as the wind waving their arms trying to get Prescot's attention, but he never looked at other for targets............. Once he's pressured in a game he goes into panic mode and that's the difference between him and the real stud QBs in the league. The real studs don't panic and they still have the ability to locate OPEN receivers and TEs.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
lol, no, it's just that I don't have a narrative I'm married to

An NFL QB does not exist as a top 10 QB if the game is too fast for him.

It's nonsensical to suggest an NFL QB can do that by "magic", as CowboysFever1973 said.

This is the NFL - the top level of all of football. Being top 8-10 at a position doesn't magically happen, and a guy doesn't just stumble into it like Forrest Gump.

So, again, it's not unreasonable to say Dak isn't at the level of the best QBs in the NFL, but to suggest the game is too fast for one of the top 8-10 QBs in the NFL just doesn't make sense.
It does make sense if you look at the numbers correctly, which apparently you have not.

plasticman

Reaction score
This season Dak has been running for his life. When you are being chased around by a pack of hungry LOB's and EDGE's, you don't exactly have a lot of time to assess your target options.

I keep hearing about open receivers and dak should have seen them but he doesn't often get the opportunity to complete his reads. This is probably the worse O-line that Dak has played behind in his career.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
I have been saying this for weeks. Dak is incapable of finding the open receiver much of the time. Cooks was wide wide wide wide open on the slant in the end zone for the win. It happens over and over and over again in every game. I feel bad for the receivers who know Dak sucks and cannot say anything. This is not going to change whether Moore or McCarthy or anyone else is the coordinator. The coordinator cannot see the field for Dak. Anyone that refuses to see this is blind. This is actually what makes Dak a JAG.

Gambit

Reaction score
I thought for sure I'd open this and see vids of all the drops by wr/TE last game.

Guess not.

starman22

Reaction score
ya because the healthy Romo part of the equation was missing far too often. I was all about the change the defense let dak down just as it did to romo in 14 that said hindsight you never know. I myself believe in my heart that the 14 team was a better team and they spit the bit as well.
Maybe the Packers were also better in 2014.