This is a big, big game

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Hostile;1123491 said:
Oh please show me some evidence of this so I can blast it out of the friggin water.

Don't run, don't back off. Please stay and fight. I can destroy this.

One shred of evidence is all I ask. I'm begging you.

i see where you got your name...:D :p:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1123503 said:
Nobody hates Romo, its just that the Cowboys picked the worst possible time to give him a shot. Either do it before the season or after we are eliminated. Not in the middle of a very important game while we are still in the playoff hunt.

Keep in mind the other night that if Bledsoe would have avoided two of those sacks by throwing into coverage and getting the ball intercepted twice more, then his stats would have equaled Romo.

I'd take sacks over INTs any day of the week. Veteran QBs know this, you can teach this to young QBs. They have to waste someone's season while they learn. I'm still angry because the Cowboys have chosen to waste this season so he can learn.

You will take sacks over INTs, but you dont want to bench Bledslow???

Go to NFL.com and look up how many picks your boy has thrown this year, there is like 1 freaking starter in the league that has thrown more.

So saying switching QBs is a bad decison because a young QB will throw picks does not hold water. Your boy Bledslow is a pick machine but you are defending him???

Beast just exposed your agenda:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

cowboyed

Reaction score
playmakers;1122902 said:
If we win tomorrow we should win the following two weeks against the Commanders and Cards. That's 6-3 and looking not too bad. One game at a time, but the importance of tomorrow's game is immense. Just remember the year the Steelers played us in the Superbowl[95], they started out 3-4 and went on to the superbowl.

I think, man up, Henry could cover Keyshawn. I would give him no saftey help. Then we double Smith with Newman shadowing him. That would be my game plan verses the Panthers because their running game doesn't scare me.

I think the Panthers know this and would try to pass exploit the middle. Parcells is countering with throwing veteran Coleman into the safety mix. I like the potentiality of Watkins but clearly he has the look of a befuddled non-confident safety. The real key is Romo and the offense minimizing mistakes and the defensive front creating pressure for a change.

This should be one very exciting ball game.

superpunk

Reaction score
dbair1967;1123856 said:
see, this is pure speculation on your part

how do you know Bledsoe wouldnt have fared even worse in the 2nd half? and I guarantee you he'd have absorbed alot more hits and sacks than Romo did in the 2nd half...as poorly as Bledsoe has been throwing the ball this yr, its entirely possibly he'd have thrown as many picks and had even less success than Romo did...we might not have even scored in the 2nd half

David

superpunk;1123543 said:
We were losing by 5, we end up losing by 14.

If he were a pitcher, he wouldn't get the L, but that's some shady solace - as he didn't lose it, but he squashed any chance his team had.

Where's the speculation in what I said? I never even suggested Bledsoe would have fared better.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
the kid 05;1124002 said:
i see where you got your name...:D :p:
My bite is worse than the bark. That's why the invitations get declined.

:wink2:

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
DragonCowboy;1122913 said:
Yeah, I really think that if we win this game, we'll end up 6-3 playing Indianapolis at home.

We lose to the Colts, putting us at 6-4. I think we rebound, and beat the Buccaneers, putting us at 7-4, and back in it. 5 more games to close it out, and most (3?) are at home. I think we easily win 2 of those games(Detroit, Philadelphia). Putting us at 9 wins. We lose at New York, 5 losses, lose at Atlanta, 6 losses.

If that happens, our game comes down to the NO game, where Payton comes to town. I like our chances. 10-6 or 9-7 is what I see happening.

This is all if Romo doesn't totally suck. And I hope he doesn't.
This and the other posts like it on this thread are a clear symptom of what ails this board. Before the game you pencil in the win and then, based on that penciled-in win, you pencil in some more and then based on that penciled-in success, presto, we're a darn good team. And then the first thing goes wrong in the actual, non-pencilled in game, and all hell breaks out because reality is erasing all the pencil marks.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Hostile;1123488 said:
I disagree. 3 picks, 2 sacks taken, and one pass that was so bad I screamed. In one half of football. That isn't good. On top of this we went from 5 down to 14 down. Not even in my wildest fits of hyperbole can I call that good.

lets hear your analysis of our games vs Jax and Philly with DB at QB? 3-3 is as best as we are going to be with Bledsoe, win one... lose one, and especially with this OL, its in Bledsoe best interest to be sat. at least with Romo there is alot more potential, and im willing to go that route instead.:starspin

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CowboyChris;1124213 said:
lets hear your analysis of our games vs Jax and Philly with DB at QB? 3-3 is as best as we are going to be with Bledsoe, win one... lose one, and especially with this OL, its in Bledsoe best interest to be sat. at least with Romo there is alot more potential, and im willing to go that route instead.:starspin
Yawn.

If you're not happy with the way Parcells has coached it means you wanted to stick with Campo.

If you want more out of Romo it means you want to stick with Bledsoe.

The lack of logic or insight in this question and its ilk simply bores me. If you want my analysis of Bledsoe in those games get off your lazy duff and go read my posts on it. I promise I wasn't silent or supportive of his play, but if you really want to know show some effort.

Anything else you want to ask while we're at it? Maybe you need something else re-hashed or clarified that's actually worth asking me.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Hostile;1124229 said:
Yawn.

If you're not happy with the way Parcells has coached it means you wanted to stick with Campo.

If you want more out of Romo it means you want to stick with Bledsoe.

The lack of logic or insight in this question and its ilk simply bores me. If you want my analysis of Bledsoe in those games get off your lazy duff and go read my posts on it. I promise I wasn't silent or supportive of his play, but if you really want to know show some effort.

Anything else you want to ask while we're at it? Maybe you need something else re-hashed or clarified that's actually worth asking me.

lol how is Joey Harrington doing these days?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1124320 said:
No, they haven't said much lately. Nors has kept their attention.
I told you he wasn't useless.

Funny how they welcoem him with open arms when they used to say he was what was wrogn with this forum and brag he'd be banned within a week of showing up there. My how the stories change over time.

:lmao2:

skinsscalper

Reaction score
MTRS-Jon;1123985 said:
I agree with your assessment completely. What I don’t understand are the people who are ready to crown him the second coming of Tom Brady when all they have to draw from is one half of poorly played football with a few glimpses of talent.

My thought is that most fans are so fed up with the QB carousel that has plagued this team since Aikman left that any new "young" blood is enough to get excited about. While I think that it is well and good to pull for your team, the blind belief and utter relief is somewhat premature IMO. I sincerely hope that Romo has what it takes, and that he can be the future of this franchise, but surely everyone has to realize that the odds of that happening are not that good.

Before anyone accuses me of riding Bledsoe's jock, I didn't think that he should have been pulled while I was watching the game. I do think that it turned out to be a good decision, and I am anxious to see what Romo has against a decent Panther defense with a QB that doesn’t need the tight end staying in to block on every down. Without a doubt, he is far more mobile than Bledsoe has, but I am not certain his pocket presence is superior. Drew knew where the rush was coming from, he just didn't get out of the way, Romo will, in time, learn how to recognize the pressure and step out better than he did on Monday.

I want to see how Romo responds to a defense that has spent the week preparing for him. I expect a ton of stunts and blitz package disguises as the Panthers try to confuse him. It will be how he reads this defense will go a long way to telling all of us how close he is to being ready to play at this level.

I tip my hat to Romo and wish him the best. At the same time, I also tip my hat to Bledsoe, and thank him for 2005, and for what he tried to do for us as fans. We knew when we got Bledsoe what the rap was on him, and we got pretty much what most expected. I will freely admit that I am very disappointed with his play this year, I was one of his strongest supporters, but the time for a change has come.

Jon

I think you kind of nailed it earlier in the post when you stated that Cowboys fans have been sick of striking out at the QB plate since Aikman left.

The optimism around Romo boils down to two things:

1.) Many fans came to the realization that Bledsoe was not the answer with this particular personel. The O-line is definitely a culprit in this whole scenario. Blame it on coaching, a poor off-season strategy, a belief that some players are better than they actually are, or any other myriad of things relating to this subject. The fact of the matter is, without an absolutely dominating O-line, Bledsoe is very pedestrian at the position. In all honesty, my belief is that the poor personel decisions regarding this achillies heel doomed Bledsoe (and very possibly the entire team and fan base) from the gate. Let's not stop there. This defense is no where near as good as advertised, so far. An accurate parallel is the Denver Broncos. Jake Plummer has the worst QB rating of all current starting QB's, yet they win despite his poor performance (4 TDs vs. 7 INTS). Jake Plummer is not winning the Denver Broncos football games, but the key factor is that he's not losing them any games either. Not true with Bledsoe. Which brings us to Tony Romo. The kid made some seriously boneheaded mistakes in Monday Night's game. Even the most devout Romosexual (that term still cracks me up)cannot deny that fact. But to look at those mistakes alone is to look at only half the picture. Romo made some beautiful throws in that game, avoided the rush on numerous occassions (with nothing more than a step or two to the right or left; something Bledsoe has NEVER done), scrambled down an open field for an easy first down (when protection had broken down, and coverage dictated that there was no pass play viable), got T.O. involved in the offense (scoff all you want, but with T.O involved in the game plan this is a MUCH more dangerous team), allowed our TEs to be a part of the passing game (if Whitten is usedthe way we envisioned using him, when drafted, this is a very difficult team to defend), threaded the needle on passes to Whitten and T.O. (with the Bledsoe, either the WR was WIDE open or it was an INT a good percentage of the time). Someone made the comment earlier in the thread that it's easy to complete throws when the defense is playing prevent. While true, they must have missed the post of the Strahan comments immediately after the game. Strahan said that once Romo came in they pinned their ears back and went after him, hoping to force him into a mistake (which eventually happened on more than one occassion). Doesn't sound like a lot of prevent going on there. Now, I don't have the game recorded (I erased that garbage before it even ended) so I can't say for certain that no prevent defense was being played, but I'll guarantee you it wasn't played for the entire half. And, prevent defenses protect by keeping everything in front of them. They don't allow TDs to Patrick Crayton over the top of safeties and cornerbacks. There was much to be critical of Romo in that game, and just as much to be hopeful of.

Which brings us to our reason for optimism number

2.) Hope. It's simple. After watching QB after QB come in here and stink up the joint, we're just looking for a glimmer of hope. Maybe this kid can come in here and light a fire under our offense. Maybe he can be that personality spark that the team can rally around. Maybe, for once, that time that we spent on QB project after QB project will bear some type of edible fuit. And maybe, just maybe, we can gush on Mondays about how our QB went out and WON THE GAME (rather than lamenting on the numerous ways he found yet another way to lose one). We knew what we had in Bledsoe. Frankly, it wasn't enough, and we knew it. With Bledsoe under center, our season was a microcosm of the Bledsoe career in itself. A slow and painful death. Does Tony Romo dash all fears and save us all from yet another disappointing season? There's no guarantee. Not by a long shot (in fact the odds are against it). But he gives us something. It's hope. And there, my friend, lies the core of the Tony Romo optimism.

SS

:star: