This is a run first team and DJ Chark compliments that the most IMO

Jake0

Reaction score
You can't have an entire receiving corps full of short area quickness guys. Dak isn't the most accurate but he threw some alright deep balls to Brice and he has the work ethic to improve. You need a threatening burner to back DBs away from the line of scrimmage. How good is Beasley when he isn't being bracketed? The defense only has so many resources to allocate. They can't bracket/double everybody. If you have someone like Chark keeping a safety back 5 more yards to avoid getting beat by a deep ball, everything else opens up. If they try to single cover Chark with a DB giving up a 10+ yard cushion, he gets an absolutely free 5 yard pitch and catch or Zeke gets to run outside towards a DB that now takes longer to disrupt the play. It also forces the opposing team to have a blazer at DB to keep up with someone that runs a 4.34 in single coverage. What if the matchup forces the Cardinals have to put Patrick Peterson on Chark because Peterson can keep up while their weaker 2nd CB can't handle him single coverage? Now Dez gets the #2 instead of the Patrick Peterson. Chark may get shut down by Peterson but Dez's numbers go up.

There are lots of guys that are low 4.4 speed fast. Ridley, Moore, Deon Cain, James Washington, Antonio Callaway. Honestly, they could probably get the deep ball job done with some proper scheming/playcalling keeping defenses off balance. These guys are all probably gonna be better receivers overall than Chark, but this post is about Chark helping the entire team, not about being a guy that puts up ridiculous stats. 4.34 is like a full yard of separation on a go route compared to a 4.41-3.

Dallas gets trashed for being too vanilla and obvious with their scheme. If Lucky Whitehead is in the game, defense is already pretty sure about what's going to happen. Chark there? He is faster than Lucky Whitehead and it isn't obvious that a run or jet sweep is coming. He can jet sweep or go out for a route. Keep defenses on their toes.

This isn't some amazing discovery. Dallas knows they need deep speed and were trying to get it for at least the past 2 years. The FO just failed to address it because of how everything played out and stuck with Brice Butler. I think my only issue with Chark is using pick #50 rather than Antonio Callaway in the 4th/5th, who looks pretty sick, and using the 1st 3 rounds on LB/DT/S/OG. He may be off the board completely idk. Maybe Deon Cain in the 3rd would be ok too. Would be nice to have a dominant defense for once.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Dak doesn't throw a good deep ball. The burner wideout does not fit his skill set. What Dak needs is short area quickness that can get separation so he doesn't need to make throws into tight windows. Think Cole Beasley and how those tow clicked before teams started bracketing him.

The prototype of that type of receiver is OBJ. DJ Moore and Calvin Ridley are the two closest to that ideal.

Calvin Ridley is not as bad a blocker as people claim and he is actually pretty good at making contested catches. He would mesh well at the Z and slot with Dez all over the formation.

I think Moore is a specimen. I would trade up in the second to get him.

This is true to an extent, but Daks inaccuracy at times isn't just limited to the deep ball.

Part of the reason I like taller or longer player on the outside is catch radius. They provide a bigger target on inaccurate passes and also are able to go get the high ball dropped in beteeen zones.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
This is true to an extent, but Daks inaccuracy at times isn't just limited to the deep ball.

Part of the reason I like taller or longer player on the outside is catch radius. They provide a bigger target on inaccurate passes and also are able to go get the high ball dropped in beteeen zones.

Thus the need for separation. Throwing behind a 6'6" WR with a DB on his hip because he lacks quickness still leads to said DB able to make a play on the ball. No so much like a few yards of distance.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Switzer is faster than our starting group of WR's. FIRST...we need a proven route running wr. Secondly...we need that guy to have good hands...LASTLY...he needs to have the capability of taking the top off defenses and spreading them out. If not,I don't want him. Does Chark do all this? Oh...and we need a guy that can talk the talk and walk the walk in key situational moments,AND NOT VANISH.

switzer runs a 4.5, and this guy runs a 4.35
but it is useless if he cannot catch