Twitter: This is disturbing

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
What is disturbing isnt the video of a RB choosing the wrong lane.
Whats disturbing is a fan base so toxic that they would post this video and pretend it means something it doesnt.

This, that run was not going to the house, h--- Justin Gatlin would have had a hard time taking that home, I saw jets that would have stopped that.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
When I saw this play during the game, i thought if he would have dipped inside, to set up that block, then dipped back out he could have went for forty. But Zeke isn't known for his elusiveness or his vision. He's more of a speed and power guy. The historical greats like Emmitt Smith and Adrian Peterson would have taken that for forty. IMO.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I agree with the other posters, this isn't a house-call play.

If Zeke dips outside, then the safety follows him towards the sideline, and I don't think any player could dust him with pure speed given his angle (although I'll never bet against Tyreek Hill in a foot race). No way Frederick can reach Maye once he commits and hits full speed either. So in order to break that run, a back would have to gear down, shed Maye's tackle or fake him out, then ramp back up to full speed instantly before the pursuit could catch up. It'd take a pretty special athlete to pull that all off; Saquon might have that kind of ability, but I'm not sure if anyone else does.

Zeke screwed up by cutting back inside, but if he bounced it out, he'd probably be shoved out of bounds somewhere around the 40.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Saw it during the game.

Thought maybe he pressed trying to get a downfield cut quickly instead of having to slow to make use of Fredbeard.

Looks worse the second time with the interior guys cutting off that inside break even if the outside guy doesn't get a solid hit.

It's weird how much poor play we're getting out of guys.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trade him now we have Pollard and Dak to do the scoring.....:oldcouple:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I agree with the other posters, this isn't a house-call play.

If Zeke dips outside, then the safety follows him towards the sideline, and I don't think any player could dust him with pure speed given his angle (although I'll never bet against Tyreek Hill in a foot race). No way Frederick can reach Maye once he commits and hits full speed either. So in order to break that run, a back would have to gear down, shed Maye's tackle or fake him out, then ramp back up to full speed instantly before the pursuit could catch up. It'd take a pretty special athlete to pull that all off; Saquon might have that kind of ability, but I'm not sure if anyone else does.

Zeke screwed up by cutting back inside, but if he bounced it out, he'd probably be shoved out of bounds somewhere around the 40.

Possibly a td. The trick was to suck Mayes into giving Fredbeard an angle on him, then break outside. Probably doesn't work, but the inside break wasn't going to work even if Mayes stays outside. The other two guys would have cut him off.

Most likely he gets run out of bounds, but he gains a lot more by using Fredbeard and staying outside, and gets a chance that way. I think he makes it to the 50 minimum.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The defender can easily cut off the outside path.

It's simple geometry.

If he doesn't mind getting bulldozed by Fredbeard.

Having Fredbeard in front is what gives Zeke a chance to take it, but he has to make use of him.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Just look at the jets in the picture, that play may gain more yards by cutting outside but it wasn't going too the house.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he doesn't mind getting bulldozed by Fredbeard.

Having Fredbeard in front is what gives Zeke a chance to take it, but he has to make use of him.

If he just stays that in same position relative to Frederick, the defender can slow play it and they'll end up at the sideline.

From a Zeke decision perspective, he has to assume that running downfield at OLineman speed will result in somebody coming from behind him to make the tackle.

He obviously can't see if anybody is behind him.

I do think Zeke would have gained more than 12 yards by staying to the outside, but I think the best chance to take it to the house was to cut back inside.

The defender just made a great play to reverse direction and make the tackle while avoiding Frederick.

I think more often than not Zeke would have won on the cut back to the inside against the one Safety.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Shades of Marion Barber after he got paid. 2016 zeke takes that to the house. Is it really possible to lose that much speed in 3 seasons? You can see Frederick is pretty upset...

This was not a speed issue. He made the wrong decision. He thought the DB was going to go to the outside of Frederick, and he went inside instead. He needed to stay behind Travis until Frederick committed to that block one way or the other.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
That was played perfectly by the defender. He sold he was going outside the blocker and then cut back inside fooling both the blocker and the RB.

If Zeke had faked an inside dip then cut it back outside he might have had a big play but the defender did a great job selling the outside move so Zeke thought inside was the only play.

Iago33

Reaction score
Oh, gee whiz he just made the wrong cut, instead of going outside he went inside, news flash Zeke is not a speed guy.
He used to be a speed guy. His rookie year the announcers lauded his track background—not just hurdling but long speed. He is not what he was.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
That was played perfectly by the defender. He sold he was going outside the blocker and then cut back inside fooling both the blocker and the RB.

If Zeke had faked an inside dip then cut it back outside he might have had a big play but the defender did a great job selling the outside move so Zeke thought inside was the only play.
Exactly. The DB played it perfectly. He in effect deked Zeke to break inside.

Surprised more don't see this.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
People saying so and so takes that home no they would not. Look at where the jets players are. U. Bolt is not going all the way on that run.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What are you talking about? If Zeke cuts outside, it is one on one, cutting inside he is putting more than one defender in position for a tackle. Are you as blind as Zeke?

By that logic the answer is for every RB to always cut outside because there are fewer defenders outside. That doesn't work - if a RB gets the mentality of always going laterally to avoid contact, he his not going to end up being productive. In this particular case, the DB was already outside, so it appeared that opportunity wasn't going to be there. So Zeke cut upfield, and the DB did a good job of moving past the blocker to the inside.

aria

Reaction score
Best RB in the league only when he has the most carries and best O line. I’m ecstatic Jerry signed him to such a big contract after he acted like the little diva he is. He’s already proved his worth, he has been successful against some of the worst teams in the league, was shut down by the Saints who are 16th against the run, we’re 3-3 and have yet to beat a team with a winning record.

Bravo Jerry, Bravo :clap: