This is heart wrenching

jnday

Reaction score
oh brother..

So I am a Dak hater?

Give me a break.

I have questioned things he has done or not done as a player for the team.

That's fair game for any one here.

But personally I really like the guy. Frankly I' m jealous of Zeke. Him and Dak are best buds.

I bet they have some interesting adventures together.

But yes..I have been in the camp that Dak could have handled his contract better but I do not blame him.

I blame his agent. Dak put his career in the agents hands and the agent coughed a hairball.

Dak takes responsibility and has.

But I am still hopeful that both the player and the team will behave differently if they decide to still try to work something out.

This whole process has just left both parties in a less than flattering light. And it leaves fans split over it too.

So hope you feel better.

I am reminded of that old Revlon hair shampoo commercial where this beautiful babe does an extreme close up and looks in the camera and says..

"Don't hate me cuz I'm beautiful".

America's Cowboy..you're beautiful like you are.

Don't change anything.

Got it?

:omg:
You are not allowed to question anything that has to do with Dak unless you want the full fury of the Dakettes to be unleashed on you.

jnday

Reaction score
You know..

Being a fan with a pet player on a team can be very stressful at times.

I always like Romo but when he went down in Seattle and Dak stepped up and opened our eyes to his talent..

I was very disappointed. I wanted Romo to get to a SB and have his shot.

As a fan I felt cheated in a way. But I went ahead and accepted Dak becuz obviously the team played for him.

Seeing a player get injured seriously is sort of like a death in the family. Some members of the family think it was their time anyway and they are happy for the time they were here on earth.

Others are unhappy becuz they think the doctor did not help the patient and could have done more. Still others want to know the combination of the safe to see if they were mentioned in the will.

Reactions are just all over the place. It's sort of the same for fans and their teams and favorite players.

You mention a variety of reactions in your post that don't sit well with your sensibilities.

I would just suggest the reactions are all the same source..

Grieving. We all grieve differently.

Let people let it out. It's important that they do.

Then after some time or after a games or 2 goes by they will be OK.

Can't tell you in 55 years of watching this team how many times I have turned off the TV. Only to turn it back on 15 minutes later wanting to watch again.

It's all part of being a participant with no control over the outcome.

Story of my life baby.
You have a very reasonable view about all of this, but some people are taking this way too personally. It is even worse when they lash out at anybody that looks at this reasonably, instead of creating a bunch of fake drama like they are doing.

Cebrin

Reaction score
That child has shown more class then people on this site...a child that's a Eagles fan...let that sink in. Not trying to derail the thread but when our youth becomes older we will start to see the world change for the better.
Nah, most of them will meet the wrong partner, get divorced, fired for the wrong reasons, etc, and become jaded, back ends like the rest of us. :laugh: I'm only half kidding. Sweet kid, and great sentiment. This whole board should watch this 10 times a day before posting a single message. :star:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
You have a very reasonable view about all of this, but some people are taking this way too personally. It is even worse when they lash out at anybody that looks at this reasonably, instead of creating a bunch of fake drama like they are doing.
Yeah I understand.

It's like a young child who has to act out.

They could help themselves but would rather just get a raise out of you and they feel rewarded.

You just can't give them what they want.

Once you find out what they want just deny them the reward.

After awhile they will move on.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Are you shocked people are taking this personal?

SackMaster

Reaction score
Ahuh..

This I hope too.

I am not saying otherwise.

And I only hear what the team wants to feed reporters.

There are HIPPA laws that protect one's right to privacy about health matters.

So even if anything is different than what we are told..

ain't nobodies business but Dak and his immediate family. We are not on a need to know basis.

So I am aware of this and take each report like it's been censored..which it is.

Yes about Romo's repeat injuries that ended his career. I was referring to his last injury against Seattle that broke his back.
Hum ...... do we not not hear things like the following in sports quite often:
  • Player X is ahead of schedule
  • Player X is not progressing as fast as we hoped
  • Player X has a life threatening infection issue due to Y injury
  • Player X is in quarantine due to Z transmitted disease
All taken from REAL NFL examples in the past 2 years.

So while HIPPA protects from specific details from being released, public updates are provided all the time. And while some media member or outsider might embellish for the sake of ratings, team and player reps do not benefit at all for providing false information.

It does not mean that ultimately what they said ends up happening, see the statements for La'el Collins this year, I do not believe they ever provided anything more that what they knew at the time. The Cowboys, and probably Collins himself, felt that rest would solve his hip issue. When it did not, they did not hesitate or hide the fact that he was out for the year.

So to passing along anything to the effect of, and I quote, "Daks career is now clearly in danger." is completely incorrect and is posted to troll and/or start crap.

Cebrin

Reaction score
kids a better sport than most cowboys fans in here.
He has one more Superbowl under his belt than anyone in his family by his age. Let him marinade on the cost of that jersey, parking, ticket prices, beer prices, and then the cost of alimony, and mortgage. He won't be so sweet anymore :muttley:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its way too early to know yet.

But if you hear the National Media..many are pointing out that Dak blew it.

Not taking a long term deal when he could have.

Not taking the secure 5 year contract guaranteeing him $80 million plus plus for over $120 million all told. and now he has $32 mil and uncertainty going forward.

Dak bet on himself and rolled snake eyes.

I do not mean that as knocking him.

But the saying goes..

"Don't write a check your body can't cash.."

Dak's agent has a lot to do with that. He was hard-nosed and looking for his payday thru Dak.

Now what? Dak lost his bet. Big time.

Can he come back? Maybe.

Will it be in Dallas..? Unclear.

Dak has really been a Drama Queen to me.

Too much attention has been afforded him when it's the team that is the Show.

52 other guys are trying to play and support families.

It ain't all about Dak. Never should have been.

The story is paused.
Both of your posts come across as a little insensitive. It isn't Dak's fault that media and fans have chosen to make him a polarizing figure. Romo didn't choose it either. All Dak does is go out and do his best every chance he gets. The jury is out on how he will respond to the injury, but there is no indication that his career could be over. Supposedly he has an insurance policy of $100 million or something like that. That's why he "bet on himself." Either way, having a contract dispute and being injured don't make you a drama queen. He's the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. That's his only crime.

By the way, bless that kid for having such a great heart.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Wait till the pregnancy test comes back positive on the same day he loses his job at Dairy Queen and then he'll know what sorrow is.

This comment and the Buttermaker pic!
GOLD! Absolute comedy Gold.

Hilarious! Thanks for that.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Philly fan "EDP445" could learn something from this kid. He's a disgusting foul mouthed Eagles fan who tweeted after Dak's injury: "I hope you're out for the season, **!" HIs videos are too profane to post here, but there's already karma because I don't see his account on twitter anymore, just a bunch of Cowboys fans letting him have it.:clap:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Both of your posts come across as a little insensitive. It isn't Dak's fault that media and fans have chosen to make him a polarizing figure. Romo didn't choose it either. All Dak does is go out and do his best every chance he gets. The jury is out on how he will respond to the injury, but there is no indication that his career could be over. Supposedly he has an insurance policy of $100 million or something like that. That's why he "bet on himself." Either way, having a contract dispute and being injured don't make you a drama queen. He's the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. That's his only crime.

By the way, bless that kid for having such a great heart.
I was not trying to be insensitive for sure.

I was just trying to point out as fans we have been through QBs going down before.

And you are correct about not being slaves to media opinions.

I don't think I do that.

I post stuff I think people might want in their info brain to chew on topics.

I have personal opinions and I just say what I think or feel. And I am always ready to listen to others.

Like yourself.

So if this team had no drama..just wait a week.

It will change.

It's worst then a soap opera.

:lmao2:

renny

Reaction score
That child has shown more class then people on this site...a child that's a Eagles fan...let that sink in. Not trying to derail the thread but when our youth becomes older we will start to see the world change for the better.
These fools would rather lose than Dak play, get use to the new normal.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Dak gets way too much criticism from our own fan base, even more than Romo.

I used to crush Romo. Unlike Dak, Romo had a ton of flaws during a similar time span. But by his Prime I gave him all the respect he deserved. But by then he was broken..

And unfortunately we might not get to see the true potential of Dak now. I know he’s a hard worker and I hope he makes a full recovery. I’m just concerned because that I jury looked bad. Could affect his mobility.

jnday

Reaction score
Are you shocked people are taking this personal?
Considering that none of the posters on this board knows Dak or his family, I feel like many are taking it too personal. I am not shocked because I see how emotional some fans are when there is any criticism of Dak. Some of these posters are taking this injury and mourning over it like they would a death in their family. I hate he got injured, but injuries are just part of the game and if he never plays another down of football, he will still be a young, wealthy and have his whole life ahead of him. Maybe I am different, but I don’t take these type of things personal, especially with somebody that I don’t even know.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Considering that none of the posters on this board knows Dak or his family, I feel like many are taking it too personal. I am not shocked because I see how emotional some fans are when there is any criticism of Dak. Some of these posters are taking this injury and mourning over it like they would a death in their family. I hate he got injured, but injuries are just part of the game and if he never plays another down of football, he will still be a young, wealthy and have his whole life ahead of him. Maybe I am different, but I don’t take these type of things personal, especially with somebody that I don’t even know.
Yeah you are definitely different. Not knocking that but the thing about sports for a lot of fans they are emotionally invested. Not only just time and money but also emotionally. Grieving like its a death in the family is a bit much but who am I to say that? You're a little colder than myself though. I can feel bad for someone I don't know.