This is lickity split fast!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was just taking the role of adversary for old times sake. Best I could muster was it was alright.
Ahhhhh, ole Jeremiah does like to argue. He figured he could stir something up by defending the old site.

Glad you made it over. Especially after we all agreed not to tell you about this place.

Haimerej

Reaction score
We made it alright. It was a technical problem for a lot of members quite a few times and seemed to be a real struggle for those using cross platforms.

It would not surprise me if they're happy it's gone. The overall tone was negative with a lot of venom directed at Booger and Garrett. If someone went in there without knowing the record of the last two seasons, they would never guess 22-11.

I never had any problems with it but I did all my posting from my phone.

Spot on about the negativity. I felt the discussions became a lot less substantive which is why I wasn't around as much for the last few months. Maybe it was just me but I thought we talked more about what was happening on the field when I first joined. Lately it just seemed like everything had to be an extreme position. I always enjoyed the grey areas.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Ahhhhh, ole Jeremiah does like to argue. He figured he could stir something up by defending the old site.

Glad you made it over. Especially after we all agreed not to tell you about this place.

Where's Bob? I miss needling him.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey CC, d'Ya remember that Your reason for not liking posts on DC.com was that the daily limit made it impossible to distribute 'em fairly (or something similar).
Well guess what!!??!!
No more excuses!!!!
Start dishing, or I start sulking.
Is there no limit here? Is that why bbic has so many?
Londy, I've just always chosen to respond to posts that I like and not end up posting "out of likes but I like this". I never got why they had a limit of those at the old site. Why would anyone put a limit on allowing people to compliment others and make them feel good? Haven't we increased the need for that?

Londonboy

Reaction score
Londy, I've just always chosen to respond to posts that I like and not end up posting "out of likes but I like this". I never got why they had a limit of those at the old site. Why would anyone put a limit on allowing people to compliment others and make them feel good? Haven't we increased the need for that?
Likes are handy when You wanna let Someone know You like what They said, but feel too lazy to actually respond.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never had any problems with it but I did all my posting from my phone.

Spot on about the negativity. I felt the discussions became a lot less substantive which is why I wasn't around as much for the last few months. Maybe it was just me but I thought we talked more about what was happening on the field when I first joined. Lately it just seemed like everything had to be an extreme position. I always enjoyed the grey areas.
Over the period of time I was there there was a ebb and flow on the negativity but at times it got so bad that some really had their fill of it.

I am respectful of how anyone wants to feel and sometimes interpreted that negativity as posters needing a hug and some "c'mon, it's not that bad". What I didn't like was when posters would try and find the silver lining, others would rain on them.

Before you signed up, it got so bad they created a Silver Linings forum for the positive thinkers. Crickets. What good is positivity without negativity? Doesn't make a good battery.

But, it really went overboard at times and I noticed in their rules that is not permitted here. I can get negative too but can just spend so much time in that frame of mind before I gotta work out of that. And that's where the neediness comes in.

You are dead on with that. I need this, I feed off of it. The old site will always have a place in my heart because of the folks I met there and most will never know how they helped me though the most difficult times in my life. It is very important that they all make it over here. New friends to make here but that group was like your most comfortable shoes, they never get old.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Likes are handy when You wanna let Someone know You like what They said, but feel too lazy to actually respond.
LMAO, have you ever seen that in me? I see the neighbor, I ain't noddin', I am visitin'.

However, I will begin to use Likes and cut back on the typing so my longwindedness is not so noticeable.

Can I like my own posts? Sometimes, not often, I lay one down I really like. I read it and say to myself 'damn, that's great, wish I'd written that'.

Londonboy

Reaction score
LMAO, have you ever seen that in me? I see the neighbor, I ain't noddin', I am visitin'.

However, I will begin to use Likes and cut back on the typing so my longwindedness is not so noticeable.

Can I like my own posts? Sometimes, not often, I lay one down I really like. I read it and say to myself 'damn, that's great, wish I'd written that'.
If You could, Bluebs PLR would be 894%.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I've mentioned this before, though I don't know if it's relevant: When you'd run out of "likes", you'd get a message stating something to the effect of, "You've used your allotted votes."
I don't know what we were voting for, but apparently they wanted to make sure somebody won, so they limited the ballot box.

Londonboy

Reaction score
I've mentioned this before, though I don't know if it's relevant: When you'd run out of "likes", you'd get a message stating something to the effect of, "You've used your allotted votes."
I don't know what we were voting for, but apparently they wanted to make sure somebody won, so they limited the ballot box.
I always felt that the 3rd time that happened the message should've read "Out of likes, You obviously need to learn to be more discerning"

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

You weren't allowed to "vote" for your own post on the other site. Occasionally, I'd hit "like" instead of "edit", and they'd smack my knuckles with a ruler for it.