This is lickity split fast!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've mentioned this before, though I don't know if it's relevant: When you'd run out of "likes", you'd get a message stating something to the effect of, "You've used your allotted votes."
I don't know what we were voting for, but apparently they wanted to make sure somebody won, so they limited the ballot box.
And some kept score on that as I was once accused of pandering for Likes and I rarely even noticed them and don't know if there was even some aggregate scorecard somewhere on the site. I see there is one here for Posts and Likes but the only reason is that bbic was bragging about his and there's a poster here that uses Collector of Likes, funny stuff.

I still think they should have DPT, Dumbest Post Today, to balance out the likes. The poster with the most at the end of the year wins the SHBSAB Award. Should Have Been Smothered At Birth. That's not too negative, is it?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And some kept score on that as I was once accused of pandering for Likes and I rarely even noticed them and don't know if there was even some aggregate scorecard somewhere on the site. I see there is one here for Posts and Likes but the only reason is that bbic was bragging about his and there's a poster here that uses Collector of Likes, funny stuff.

I still think they should have DPT, Dumbest Post Today, to balance out the likes. The poster with the most at the end of the year wins the SHBSAB Award. Should Have Been Smothered At Birth. That's not too negative, is it?
BBIC would get that award. He'd try not too, but you know how he is when he gets drunk. He writes like we're his psychiatrist, and doesn't even have the decency to apologize the next day.

(For those who are wondering, BBIC was Doctor Chicken's name on the other site.....and yeah, I have no problem outing him. :p)

CPanther95

Reaction score

Likes were easy to accumulate in the Romo sub-forum. No matter what you said - as long as it was polarizing - got you likes from half the forum. A DPT button would level that out.

But the DPT can't be counted, each one would have to cancel out a 'Like". Otherwise, you'd have a sizable chunk trying to build up their DPT number and the forum would devolve into 'Idiocracy'.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Likes were easy to accumulate in the Romo sub-forum. No matter what you said - as long as it was polarizing - got you likes from half the forum. A DPT button would level that out.

But the DPT can't be counted, each one would have to cancel out a 'Like". Otherwise, you'd have a sizable chunk trying to build up their DPT number and the forum would devolve into 'Idiocracy'.
I thought "Idiocracy" was our goal.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I know but I never miss an opportunity to be indignant.

Ahhhhh, ole Jeremiah does like to argue. He figured he could stir something up by defending the old site.

Glad you made it over. Especially after we all agreed not to tell you about this place.
Soon it will be time for the "what's ya eating?" threads

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We are a very hard organization to become a member of because we're stupid by design and on purpose. Not making sense on purpose is an art form.
It's very easy. Just say the things you said when you were 6 months old, but use bigger words.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Umm...err... I was talking about CC, the leader of the PJG!...Yeah, that's it!!
Well, in that case, I am a superb leader because the most desirable trait of the Grand Poobah is a lack of leadership skills. Without those skills, I enable all members to reach their full potential of accomplishing nothing but having fun while doing it.

And your point is well made for I achieved "Idiocracy" well before the membership. However, in all fairness, I sought it out. Whoever coined the phrase "ignorance is bliss" had me in mind for the more I know the less I want to know.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, in that case, I am a superb leader because the most desirable trait of the Grand Poobah is a lack of leadership skills. Without those skills, I enable all members to reach their full potential of accomplishing nothing but having fun while doing it.

And your point is well made for I achieved "Idiocracy" well before the membership. However, in all fairness, I sought it out. Whoever coined the phrase "ignorance is bliss" had me in my for the more I know the less I want to know.
The more people I know.....

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, politics is a no-go. We'll often moderate even the most subtle political posts. Not because we don't like to discuss it, but because politics is a thing that tends to entrench posters and that spills over into the football forums.

Check out https://punndits.com, though, if you're into that sort of thing. A lot of CZ posters like to sling their mud over there.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah, politics is a no-go. We'll often moderate even the most subtle political posts. Not because we don't like to discuss it, but because politics is a thing that tends to entrench posters and that spills over into the football forums.

Check out https://punndits.com, though, if you're into that sort of thing. A lot of CZ posters like to sling their mud over there.
No thanks, I don't like politics anyway.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I tried to tell them but they wouldn't listen to me on the old forum either. We have laws and rules for a reason. When I think of it, I will return to finish this.