This is lickity split fast!

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah, politics is a no-go. We'll often moderate even the most subtle political posts. Not because we don't like to discuss it, but because politics is a thing that tends to entrench posters and that spills over into the football forums.

Check out https://punndits.com, though, if you're into that sort of thing. A lot of CZ posters like to sling their mud over there.
Thank bog!!!!

As a mod on the old site, shutting down political stuff was a major job. And politics always leads to hate and vitriol spewing.

On board!!!!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The thing about it............... it was "ours" and it was home, warts and all.
Yeah but what made it home? We were all in one big ole Winnebago and now we've driven over here. As long as we hang together, we will be home.

Besides that, I like our new Mom and Dad better. A little scary with that clown thing going on but they tell good bedtime stories.

To hell with them, they didn't want us and being wanted is important. Being wanted in 4 states might be overkill.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Short for Bogart, a real stud and ladies man!!!

(If ur serious, I remembered it from some book I read. I think it was in "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" by Heinlein.)

If it was a Heinlein reference, it was one that I did not grok.

I thought you just had a typo on 'boss,' and were fluffing me. But now I kind of like 'bog,' too.

kskboys

Reaction score

I thought you just had a typo on 'boss,' and were fluffing me. But now I kind of like 'bog,' too.
Thou art God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score

Found an old copy laying around, it was from "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress", yes. Thank Bog, is a common term in the book.

Great read, esp if you like Man From Mars. Fascinating take.

nobody

Reaction score
Been a long time since I read Heinlein. Guess I should reread some things.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Been a long time since I read Heinlein. Guess I should reread some things.

Heinlein is a guy who had his impact, and it was good. But he doesn't hold up as well as some others. Stranger in a Strange Land is a good read, though.

kskboys

Reaction score
Heinlein is a guy who had his impact, and it was good. But he doesn't hold up as well as some others. Stranger in a Strange Land is a good read, though.
Yeah, I always have to remember to translate some things to today.

Still, his general take on politics and religion is spot on.