This is the Dak that I've been wanting to see

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This is the Dak that I've been wanting to see. It is a shame that we didn't win. However, Dak's last three games have been fantastic! He's been accurate with the ball. He's been using his legs more. I'm delighted with how he's played the last few weeks. This loss is in no way on him imo. He and Lamb were huge reasons why we were in this game at all. His games in the Chargers, Rams, and this game were well played. I hope he and McCarthy can keep building on his recent form. If they can, I think our offense is about to hit a new level. I had us splitting with Philly before the season, and I think we will beat them next game. In the meantime, my compliments to Dak. He's been excellent of late.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He still played his part in our loss. Mental mistakes along with half the team. That is on coaching, which we haven't had in over almost 2 decades.

I'm not saying he played a perfect game, but I think that he played more than well enough to win. Unfortunately, a few unlucky plays were the difference. Gallup and Steele are the big reasons, imo, that we lost today.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
This is the Dak that I've been wanting to see. It is a shame that we didn't win. However, Dak's last three games have been fantastic! He's been accurate with the ball. He's been using his legs more. I'm delighted with how he's played the last few weeks. This loss is in no way on him imo. He and Lamb were huge reasons why we were in this game at all. His games in the Chargers, Rams, and this game were well played. I hope he and McCarthy can keep building on his recent form. If they can, I think our offense is about to hit a new level. I had us splitting with Philly before the season, and I think we will beat them next game. In the meantime, my compliments to Dak. He's been excellent of late.
He played well today.
Unfortunately this team has cracks in its foundation.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He played well today.
Unfortunately this team has cracks in its foundation.

Every team does. Philly showed some today against us. I know we lost, but I think this may have shown the team that we were right there with Philly in a tough place to win. A bounce or two differently, and we are talking about a win. I think that we might still very well be in the thick of the division race, even with this result.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the Dak that I've been wanting to see.
c63bcc871586399b9665ba88f81c8bf0.md.jpeg

Wildcat711

Reaction score
He did play well.. til the end.. then he was pretty ordinary.. I like Dak.. he's a good QB.. but the bit Ive been waiting to see was the end bit.. then I would be a lot happier.

Was a team loss to me.. but Dak deserves some blame also.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Again, I'm not saying that he played a perfect game. What I am saying is that he played a very good game. I don't think the loss is on him one bit. I think we had a few very unfortunate moments that made the difference, but, ultimately, I think Dak has taken his game to a new level since the SFO game, and I like what I'm seeing of late from him. I want him to keep developing things more and keep at it. All in all, I'm encouraged by what I saw today in a tough place to play. A friend of mine who is an Eagles fans (along with some of my family members who are Eagles fans) were even saying that Dak played a great game. The game really could've gone either way. While some may be down after this one, I'm holding my head high. I think there's a lot to be encouraged about after this game. Maybe nothing further comes from this season, but I'm not giving up yet. I think the team, despite the result, has a lot to be proud of following the game. There's certainly a lot to clean up, but there are plenty of positives to take from this game. This is far from the catastrophe that was the SFO game.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He did play well.. til the end.. then he was pretty ordinary.. I like Dak.. he's a good QB.. but the bit Ive been waiting to see was the end bit.. then I would be a lot happier.

Was a team loss to me.. but Dak deserves some blame also.

I'd say team loss as well. Like I said, Dak wasn't perfect, but i think he did his job. Unfortunately, winning takes a bit of luck too. Especially in a game like this one.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We have just been "unlucky" for 27+ years now....spotting any trends?

Yeah, Jerry. I know that. Dak hasn't been here for anywhere near that, and I'm not interested in the previous set of years. I'm interested, ATM, in this season. As for this game, Dak did well, and I'm encouraged by how the team fought today. This was much better than the SFO game. I was harsh on the team after that game. I'm genuinely encouraged, especially since the next game with Philly is at home, that the team was able to play Philly as close as we did on the road.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Very true.. luck can be the decider sometimes in close games.

Exactly, and there's a lot of ifs that the game came down to today. The fact of the matter is that we were right there on the road against a very good team, and one that we will have a chance to beat at home, where we have been very good. Philly is tough to beat in their place, and we are difficult to beat at ours. I had us splitting the series this season, and I think that'll be the case this year. That said, as for our chances the rest of the season, I see a lot of things to be encouraged about the rest of the way.