This is the Dak that I've been wanting to see

Proof

Reaction score
I mean he ran out of bounds on a play that could have been the difference in the game.
*Stepped. While doing everything he could to make the game altering play. I wonder if half the board could walk the sideline without stepping on the line, let alone scrambling in a high pressure situation w/ defenders bearing down with one shot at getting to the pylon

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Steele is the new scapegoat.............every time Dakko falls short it's goat time here in the CZ.

8 years and not a single signature win from DAKKO not 1!
Maybe by year 10, he might win one of these toughie games if he doesn't do something STUPID again like running a QB draw (and running out time) or stepping out of bounds.............. :muttley:

So, you're telling me that with everything that happened that Dak is the problem with this game? I've made it clear, such as the SFO game, when I think it's his fault. I'm usually very fair with my critiques. In this game, Dak did his job. He put us in a position to win a tough road game. That's all you can really ask of your QB.

As for signature wins, it's funny you say that, because I'd argue his win against Philly his rookie year was a signature win. He was inches away this game from making lightning strike twice against Philly. One of his signature features has been either beating Philly or always keeping us in a spot where we should beat them. His record against Philly, even after last night, is very good. That's a very good team we just played. I can assure you, from people that I know that are Eagles fans, that they want nothing to do with us after that game. I'm excited about our game with them in Dallas. I think we should win that one. A lot of Eagles fans that I know want nothing to do with that game, and they made it clear to me that they have no desire to play us in the playoffs. Dak scared them big time yesterday.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
*Stepped. While doing everything he could to make the game altering play. I wonder if half the board could walk the sideline without stepping on the line, let alone scrambling in a high pressure situation w/ defenders bearing down with one shot at getting to the pylon

Exactly, he was on a tight rope trying to make a play because, as usual yesterday, Steele blew his block.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still the most polarizing player on the team. He played 40 solid minutes yesterday and I guess that’s enough for some people. Next time , though, I’d like to see him lay an egg in the first 5 minutes rather than the last 5 minutes.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Still the most polarizing player on the team. He played 40 solid minutes yesterday and I guess that’s enough for some people. Next time , though, I’d like to see him lay an egg in the first 5 minutes rather than the last 5 minutes.

I don't blame him for the "egg". Kinda hard to win that last sequence when Steele is blowing his assignments and we are getting stupid penalties that last sequence. Like I said, he put us in a position to win. Steele has to be able to block. They're paying him an insane amount of money, and he's made Chaz Green look like an All Pro.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't blame him for the "egg". Kinda hard to win that last sequence when Steele is blowing his assignments and we are getting stupid penalties that last sequence. Like I said, he put us in a position to win. Steele has to be able to block. They're paying him an insane amount of money, and he's made Chaz Green look like an All Pro.
Dak had 350+ yards passing so how bad could the blocking have really been? Every single one of those sacks he took in the final 3 minutes could have avoided by simply throwing the ball out of bounds if nobody was open and they were not all on Steele. There is no excuse for the delay of game penalty. Dak lacks poise in the big moments and that’s the headline of his career so far.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good thing hes an elite nfl qb.
And not one of us shlubs.

D was " bearing down"? You for real?

Pass the honey.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Ask yourself. Who was THE best player on the field yesterday. #4 by a mile and that's saying a lot between the two teams.

Exactly, he outplayed Hurts. He stood toe to toe against a QB that everyone says is elite, and he was the better QB.

Retro88

Reaction score
A lot of folks in here is wierd **. Was he perfect? No, but he was the best damn player on the field last night. We can spend the next half hour pointing to mistakes that was made by all the other players on this team that contributed to the loss. Talking about his awareness on that 2pt conversion and forgetting about the awareness from the pass catchers on the Schoonmaker pass that cost 7.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Dak had 350+ yards passing so how bad could the blocking have really been? Every single one of those sacks he took in the final 3 minutes could have avoided by simply throwing the ball out of bounds if nobody was open and they were not all on Steele. There is no excuse for the delay of game penalty. Dak lacks poise in the big moments and that’s the headline of his career so far.

Look how much he had to scramble to get those yards. The 350+ doesn't tell the whole story. Most of the time, he was having to roll out to try to buy time to find someone open or he had to run with it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This is the Dak that I've been wanting to see. It is a shame that we didn't win. However, Dak's last three games have been fantastic! He's been accurate with the ball. He's been using his legs more. I'm delighted with how he's played the last few weeks. This loss is in no way on him imo. He and Lamb were huge reasons why we were in this game at all. His games in the Chargers, Rams, and this game were well played. I hope he and McCarthy can keep building on his recent form. If they can, I think our offense is about to hit a new level. I had us splitting with Philly before the season, and I think we will beat them next game. In the meantime, my compliments to Dak. He's been excellent of late.
agreed.. Too bad he doesn't have an offensive line a run game and a defense that can stop people when it really counts....

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
A lot of folks in here is wierd **. Was he perfect? No, but he was the best damn player on the field last night. We can spend the next half hour pointing to mistakes that was made by all the other players on this team that contributed to the loss. Talking about his awareness on that 2pt conversion and forgetting about the awareness from the pass catchers on the Schoonmaker pass that cost 7.

Exactly, and Schoonmacher needed to run that route about a half yard cleaner. Dak made the right decision there.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
agreed.. Too bad he doesn't have an offensive line a run game and a defense that can stop people when it really counts....

I think the defence did okay considering who they were going up against. However, the run game was bad, and Steele is going to get Dak killed before this season is out.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think the defence did okay considering who they were going up against. However, the run game was bad, and Steele is going to get Dak killed before this season is out.
RT Terrence Steele
-12 Pressures
-7 Hurries
-4 Sacks
Week 9 Grading of 15.0
He’s had some good spots here and there but this game and the 49ers was his worst yet ✭
Just showing his rating from last nights game yuck

not sure how accurate this is but I pulled this off the Internet.... that's nuts allegedly he gave up eight pressures in the 49er game and we're sitting here still blaming Prescott for games like this we can go back to the 2018 Rams game both 49ers games in the playoffs and the other 49ers game from a few weeks ago the offensive line is the blame the defense is to blame we have bigger problems than Prescott and people just won't get off Prescott short and curlies...

links18

Reaction score
Oh, Come on.
o_O