This is the Dak that I've been wanting to see

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is the Dak that I've been wanting to see. It is a shame that we didn't win. However, Dak's last three games have been fantastic! He's been accurate with the ball. He's been using his legs more. I'm delighted with how he's played the last few weeks. This loss is in no way on him imo. He and Lamb were huge reasons why we were in this game at all. His games in the Chargers, Rams, and this game were well played. I hope he and McCarthy can keep building on his recent form. If they can, I think our offense is about to hit a new level. I had us splitting with Philly before the season, and I think we will beat them next game. In the meantime, my compliments to Dak. He's been excellent of late.
Good stuff. He's overcoming bad line play and a bad run game as well as getting young guys like Turpin, Ferguson and Tolbert involved. This is what you want to see from your franchise QB.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Dak did play a statically great game but it’s so Romoesque in that the little things like stepping out of bounds or holding on to the ball to long and not recognizing pressure that rears it’s ugly head.

In Romos case it was the interceptions.

That's a good comparison as they both put us in positions to win and were and are key the reasons we have a chance. Unfortunately, much like Romo, Dak sometimes gets very unlucky at the end of games.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Good stuff. He's overcoming bad line play and a bad run game as well as getting young guys like Turpin, Ferguson and Tolbert involved. This is what you want to see from your franchise QB.

Tolbert has been developing well. Congratulations to him on his first NFL TD. Hopefully, this can lead to Gallup becoming redundant to the point where maybe we can try to trade him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak did play a statically great game but it’s so Romoesque in that the little things like stepping out of bounds or holding on to the ball to long and not recognizing pressure that rears it’s ugly head.

In Romos case it was the interceptions.
Someone said it this morning and its so true. Eagles are allowed to fumble 3 times, hit with 3 penalties to end the game and still win. Cowboys literally have to play perfect football to win and they can't. Hurts takes a sack and it doesn't hurt them. Dak takes one and it kills us.

shabazz

Reaction score
Someone said it this morning and its so true. Eagles are allowed to fumble 3 times, hit with 3 penalties to end the game and still win. Cowboys literally have to play perfect football to win and they can't. Hurts takes a sack and it doesn't hurt them. Dak takes one and it kills us.
I heard Irvin say that Dak played an A- game and I agree only because of the small mistakes he made that could have won the game. An A- is a helluva grade, btw

The problem as I see it is the lack of production at the running game, (which negates play action which Dak excels in ) and the DEFENSEs inability to live up to their hype.

The defense has given up, 28, 42 and 28 in their losses…..not a championship caliber defense.

morat1959

Reaction score
That's a good comparison as they both put us in positions to win and were and are key the reasons we have a chance. Unfortunately, much like Romo, Dak sometimes gets very unlucky at the end of games.
“Unlucky”….lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I heard Irvin say that Dak played an A- game and I agree only because of the small mistakes he made that could have won the game. An A- is a helluva grade, btw

The problem as I see it is the lack of production at the running game, (which negates play action which Dak excels in ) and the DEFENSEs inability to live up to their hype.

The defense has given up, 28, 42 and 28 in their losses…..not a championship caliber defense.
I mean a defense is gonna have problems but the days of thinking this defense is gonna win games for us are over. It ain't happening. The offense is getting better and the defense is getting worse. Can't never get on the same page with both units.

shabazz

Reaction score
I mean a defense is gonna have problems but the days of thinking this defense is gonna win games for us are over. It ain't happening. The offense is getting better and the defense is getting worse. Can't never get on the same page with both units.
Im with ya but I still insist that the offense is way to dependent on just 1 receiver and the running game is anemic . We all know an effective running game closes out games AND wears out defense in the 4th quarter……..I don’t see a path to a Championship unless Hurts and Purdy become lovers and swear off football to open up their own antique shop

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This is the Dak that I've been wanting to see. It is a shame that we didn't win. However, Dak's last three games have been fantastic! He's been accurate with the ball. He's been using his legs more. I'm delighted with how he's played the last few weeks. This loss is in no way on him imo. He and Lamb were huge reasons why we were in this game at all. His games in the Chargers, Rams, and this game were well played. I hope he and McCarthy can keep building on his recent form. If they can, I think our offense is about to hit a new level. I had us splitting with Philly before the season, and I think we will beat them next game. In the meantime, my compliments to Dak. He's been excellent of late.
1000%..........I said in another thread if we continue to see this Dak, a special season the still within reach.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys LOSE again!
How many opportunities does Dakko need in the Redzone to score 7 pts and win the game???????
Yep, same old Dakko. :facepalm:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Cowboys LOSE again!
How many opportunities does Dakko need in the Redzone to score 7 pts and win the game???????
Yep, same old Dakko. :facepalm:

You clearly aren't getting the point of my OP. Was he perfect? No. But did he play well enough to win? Yes. Unfortunately, there were a few bounces, questionable calls, and poor play from a few other players that cost the game. Dak's worst play was stepping out on a two point conversion where he had to scramble because Steele can't block a traffic cone.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Im with ya but I still insist that the offense is way to dependent on just 1 receiver and the running game is anemic . We all know an effective running game closes out games AND wears out defense in the 4th quarter……..I don’t see a path to a Championship unless Hurts and Purdy become lovers and swear off football to open up their own antique shop
I mean I don't have a issue with it because I don't think teams can stop CD.....but slowly but surely.....Tolbert, Tuprin and Ferguson are getting better by the week.

And as currently constructed? 49ers look bad and Eagles look beatable. I still think this is our best chance at a championship. Flaws and all.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You clearly aren't getting the point of my OP. Was he perfect? No. But did he play well enough to win? Yes. Unfortunately, there were a few bounces, questionable calls, and poor play from a few other players that cost the game. Dak's worst play was stepping out on a two point conversion where he had to scramble because Steele can't block a traffic cone.
Steele is the new scapegoat.............every time Dakko falls short it's goat time here in the CZ.

8 years and not a single signature win from DAKKO not 1!
Maybe by year 10, he might win one of these toughie games if he doesn't do something STUPID again like running a QB draw (and running out time) or stepping out of bounds.............. :muttley:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I'd say team loss as well. Like I said, Dak wasn't perfect, but i think he did his job. Unfortunately, winning takes a bit of luck too. Especially in a game like this one.
The Eagles fumbled 3... THREE times and every one of them the ball bounced right back to their guy. Any one of those go to us, we win. The game was damn close, and I can promise you they hope they dont play us in the playoffs.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I mean I don't have a issue with it because I don't think teams can stop CD.....but slowly but surely.....Tolbert, Tuprin and Ferguson are getting better by the week.

And as currently constructed? 49ers look bad and Eagles look beatable. I still think this is our best chance at a championship. Flaws and all.
Bets chance??/ Nah, just recency bias. We could have done it in 2014, the Cabo season, the game we lost to Rodgers on that miraculous 3rd and 49.... we have had good chances. This is another. We clearly have as good a shot as anyone.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The Eagles fumbled 3... THREE times and every one of them the ball bounced right back to their guy. Any one of those go to us, we win. The game was damn close, and I can promise you they hope they dont play us in the playoffs.

Thats my point. Plus, I was talking to some family and friends of mine who are Eagles fans. They made it very clear that they want nothing to do with us in the playoffs. In fact, I said it'd be kinda fun to play them in the playoffs, they said "absolutely not! Playing you guys twice is scary enough".