This is why Jerry knows what he's doing

DZSierra

Reaction score
https://apnews.com/article/cousins-...brown-chiefs-be84d9acaec9ada30539e489cde205f4

I have the untmost faith that both Jerry and Stephen have a ultimate goal that none of us can see.

I think we've got ia all wrong about the Jones.

Reality is I'm thinking most of us don't think that, but if the AP has the Falcons at a grade B+ for signing Cousins, the FA spring sale really doesn't mean that much and it's all open to interpretation and no one has a crystal ball on what can happen this season (think of one play the first game of the season and "one and done" for A Rogers).

Perhaps I'm blind, but I see cousins no more better than Brady Quinn, yet he still finds a way to make stupid money for not winning anything. Damn... could be talking about someoene else LOL

It beats the alternate line of thinking that only leads to despair LOL

blueblood70

Reaction score
https://apnews.com/article/cousins-...brown-chiefs-be84d9acaec9ada30539e489cde205f4

I have the untmost faith that both Jerry and Stephen have a ultimate goal that none of us can see.

Reality is I'm thinking most of us don't think that, but if the AP has the Falcons at a grade B+ for signing Cousins, the FA spring sale really doesn't mean that much and it's all open to interpretation and no one has a crystal ball on what can happen this season (think of one play the first game of the season and "one and done" for A Rogers).

Perhaps I'm blind, but I see cousins no more better than Brady Quinn, yet he still finds a way to make stupid money for not winning anything. Damn... could be talking about someoene else LOL

you must have missed the memo you're not allowed to say anything positive about the Dallas Cowboys front office coaching or even players for that matter because nothing they do is gonna be right they're on A roll the the entire Debbie downer pitchfork and torch crowd is out they've been out since the Green Bay game and please you're gonna get nothing but negativity blowback from your positive statement they already think the season's over and that we lost the postseason 4 days into free agency... So hey kudos for being positive but nobody likes it and hear it apparently you have to be negative you have to be in their little group the party has been formed and if you're not part of it you will be trampled over

Beaker42

Reaction score
you must have missed the memo you're not allowed to say anything positive about the Dallas Cowboys front office coaching or even players for that matter because nothing they do is gonna be right they're on A roll the the entire Debbie downer pitchfork and torch crowd is out they've been out since the Green Bay game and please you're gonna get nothing but negativity blowback from your positive statement they already think the season's over and that we lost the postseason 4 days into free agency... So hey kudos for being positive but nobody likes it and hear it apparently you have to be negative you have to be in their little group the party has been formed and if you're not part of it you will be trampled over
Punctuation is your enemy.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Nah,.....Cousins is way better than Brady Quinn, had to look up who that was., kinda like Jesse Palmer, Kirk Herbstreit category... He is similar to Dak in that they are Fool's Gold. Anyone who thinks they are gold, are fools. Stats against bad teams and are overwhelmed by the better teams. IOW, you ain't gonna win championships with these guys.

D4KADON

Reaction score
Cousins is better than Dak. He’s a better pure passer. Cousins leads his teams from behind, with way less help, particularly on OL and way worse defenses.

Dak is the world’s greatest garbage-time stat padder though. I’ll give him that much.
lol if cousins played for dallas

You’d be saying the same thing about Prescott in relation to cousins

Not a big fan of Dak but this is getting ridiculous

blueblood70

Reaction score
Punctuation is your enemy.
I don't think that's the proper use of a phrase I would think that you would say punctuation would be a friend that would be a benefit but you don't know that I have multiple things to do on a daily basis and this is not a priority therefore I use talk to text comes in very handy when I'm trying to make 7 or 8 posts and then working in two or three browsers trying to eat lunch playing my day you all are not getting perfectly structured sentences I'm not using punctuation proper grammar or proper sentence structure and I don't really give a **** but I think the proper phrase would have been,punctuation is your friend.

but you all don't even get that right but you make it a big deal because you don't like the truth the things I'm saying is absolutely what I see on this social media formatted Dallas cowboy overreactions...

strollinruss

Reaction score
I tend to agree with the OP. Everyone that has left in free agency thus far got us nowhere. Whey keep them? They have a plan and it will be interesting to see what transpires. We can’t do any worse than we have the past 7 years

TrailBlazer

Reaction score

I get it. But instead of trying to spin the narrative to try to make yourself feel better.. just look at it for what it truly is. The fact of the matter is we haven't gotten any better this off-season. A team that got trounced in the first round of the playoffs last year. We need significant improvements and it doesn't seem to be coming.

Sully

Reaction score

First: Cousins has made over over $400M for a single, ONE playoff WIN--- O*N*E.

Second: Let's assume what you said is right but regardless, this franchise has not sniffed a Superbowl this Century. Even worse, has not even visited a NFC Conference game in 29 years. So to say, The Jones know what they are "doing" is insane.
What The Jones ARE doing right is winning THE FORBES BOWL. Being the most expensive sports team in the USA and could be in the entire world. And they have does this without producing in the playoffs.
On the field-- The Jones PRIDE has destroyed what was once a rich history of making the playoffs, getting to the NFC Conference frequently, winning that game often and participating in the Superbowl frequently.
Utter FAILURE this entire Century and to keep saying--you have faith in their ability--- is like getting a participation trophy

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score

You’re overlooking that they brought in Moore and Mooney to add to the receiver room. Add them to London and Pitts and their pass catchers may collectively be better than ours.

Plus, addition by subtraction is sending future career clipboard (Microsoft tablet) holder, Desmond Ridder, to Arizona.

Their O-line is already solid, we know they can run the ball, the receiving group has been upgraded, and it’s all going to look much better with the addition of Cousins.

How is this not worth a B+? Also, you may want to consider keeping thoughts on Cousins not being better than Quinn to yourself as these types of statements tend to tarnish credibility.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So.

The Associated Press' Atlanta Falcons assessment is a B+ in free agency at this point.

Interpretation: the B+ grade is irrelevant.

The AP grade is an F thus far for Dallas Cowboys' free agency.

Interpretation: the F grade reflects Jerry Jones' competency.

Okay.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I get it. But instead of trying to spin the narrative to try to make yourself feel better.. just look at it for what it truly is. The fact of the matter is we haven't gotten any better this off-season. A team that got trounced in the first round of the playoffs last year. We need significant improvements and it doesn't seem to be coming.
No you're spinning what you think happened in four days of free agency is what this team is gonna be and that you don't think help is coming we've heard this before literally I believe it was right before 20/22 but I can't remember since it's every offseason the word historically bad offseason that's what you all said it was you predicted we might win eight games that's what people were saying at best they were saying six games and that Mike McCarthy would be fired and he sucks as a coach and somehow this team has consistently won 12 games the last three years we've won two division titles and we've been to the playoffs three straight years but technically we've been to the playoffs 5 out of the eight years where Prescott was healthy that literally says the front office knows something about what they're doing regardless if you think they're supposed to be heavy players in the first three days of free agency technically free agency started on the 14th even though there was a tampering. And you already think there's no help coming in it's over that they can't build the roster...

Check you're telling me the handful of teams saved 12 that made some bigger moves most of them which had most of the money because they were bad they have more money to spend they have higher draft picks because they sucked for a really long time the Dallas Cowboys have to maneuver and find money because they draft well they have big time players to pay but this is a process it isn't just the three days where free agency starts and some of the bigger names fall off bigger names equal dream teams equal paper champions doesn't mean anything once the game start...

They will use the hundreds of players that are still left in free agency and some to be cut after the draft and before the season starts to find more free agents they will find the money by restructuring contracts not a big deal they also can get the draft they do usually draft well when they really have to last year I believe they drafted for development in the future because we didn't have a lot of big holes and that might have been a mistake but now that they know they need to hit on all these players in the draft they will then you have undrafted free agents which they do very well bringing in and then they can make some trades like they did with Gilmore and cooks who were very good impact players last year that seemed to get overlooked and trades happen all the way up until October they will find a way to build a roster but you say now three days into it that you predict doom and gloom and that it's gonna be bad but people have done this for three straight years hoping they're right which is a terrible fan base wishing that there predictions of negativity and then it all falls apart it's gonna come true well I guess if you keep saying it eventually you're gonna be right...

But to come in here and tell someone else they're not allowed to put a positive spin or have a positive outlook on their own team is your problem not ours we're saying it's only four days into a process that can take six months September is when all this starts and you don't think they have a way to fill holes and yet they found a way to win 36 games two division titles and by the way those division titles came in a division where one year there were three teams that all went to the playoffs and we're fighting against a team that allegedly you all think make more moves and you think they're better moves and somehow we've beat the Philadelphia Eagles for the division two times just in the last three years doing it the way this front office has done it and we've also been to the playoffs 5 out of the last eight years our quarterbacks been healthy but three straight years to the playoffs and you think that they don't know anything that the front office has no clue how to build a roster and yet and this will be my last comment why is our roster being pillaged by other teams why are players getting picked up it was our front office was so bad and didn't know how to build a roster why are so many leaving for other teams????

What I have to question are you guys you are not professionals you do not own a $10 billion NFL franchise you did not build teams you might think your fantasy football teams are something special you might think the way you play Madden is special you might think because you watch games and watch what other teams do makes you a professional in order to mock you question everything's a real front office with hundreds of people that all their jobs are to do is locate talent and find a way to get them on the job and get away to get under the cap you are not that person this place is not that place they know more than you and I'm not saying we shouldn't question anything and I'm not saying this season's gonna be great but you're trying to make a fan feel bad for being positive and that is your problem you have an issue with your personality because you want people to be on your side so when we don't all get on the negative side of things those who try to be positive just get **** on around here and I ain't letting it happen..

You know the only way to settle this who's right who's wrong is next February we'll find out how this all works out in February but three straight off seasons this same nonsense has been said and all of you have been wrong yes we wanna get further in the playoffs yes we all yearn for another NFC championship game and another Super Bowl but don't act like this team never has a good roster our front office has put good rosters together even when the fans say the offseasons went horribly wrong that's on the fan base you don't know what you're looking at and you think rosters are built in four days of free agency, that's your problem..​

CowboyChris

Reaction score
No you're spinning what you think happened in four days of free agency is what this team is gonna be and that you don't think help is coming we've heard this before literally I believe it was right before 20/22 but I can't remember since it's every offseason the word historically bad offseason that's what you all said it was you predicted we might win eight games that's what people were saying at best they were saying six games and that Mike McCarthy would be fired and he sucks as a coach and somehow this team has consistently won 12 games the last three years we've won two division titles and we've been to the playoffs three straight years but technically we've been to the playoffs 5 out of the eight years where Prescott was healthy that literally says the front office knows something about what they're doing regardless if you think they're supposed to be heavy players in the first three days of free agency technically free agency started on the 14th even though there was a tampering. And you already think there's no help coming in it's over that they can't build the roster...

Check you're telling me the handful of teams saved 12 that made some bigger moves most of them which had most of the money because they were bad they have more money to spend they have higher draft picks because they sucked for a really long time the Dallas Cowboys have to maneuver and find money because they draft well they have big time players to pay but this is a process it isn't just the three days where free agency starts and some of the bigger names fall off bigger names equal dream teams equal paper champions doesn't mean anything once the game start...

They will use the hundreds of players that are still left in free agency and some to be cut after the draft and before the season starts to find more free agents they will find the money by restructuring contracts not a big deal they also can get the draft they do usually draft well when they really have to last year I believe they drafted for development in the future because we didn't have a lot of big holes and that might have been a mistake but now that they know they need to hit on all these players in the draft they will then you have undrafted free agents which they do very well bringing in and then they can make some trades like they did with Gilmore and cooks who were very good impact players last year that seemed to get overlooked and trades happen all the way up until October they will find a way to build a roster but you say now three days into it that you predict doom and gloom and that it's gonna be bad but people have done this for three straight years hoping they're right which is a terrible fan base wishing that there predictions of negativity and then it all falls apart it's gonna come true well I guess if you keep saying it eventually you're gonna be right...

But to come in here and tell someone else they're not allowed to put a positive spin or have a positive outlook on their own team is your problem not ours we're saying it's only four days into a process that can take six months September is when all this starts and you don't think they have a way to fill holes and yet they found a way to win 36 games two division titles and by the way those division titles came in a division where one year there were three teams that all went to the playoffs and we're fighting against a team that allegedly you all think make more moves and you think they're better moves and somehow we've beat the Philadelphia Eagles for the division two times just in the last three years doing it the way this front office has done it and we've also been to the playoffs 5 out of the last eight years our quarterbacks been healthy but three straight years to the playoffs and you think that they don't know anything that the front office has no clue how to build a roster and yet and this will be my last comment why is our roster being pillaged by other teams why are players getting picked up it was our front office was so bad and didn't know how to build a roster why are so many leaving for other teams????

What I have to question are you guys you are not professionals you do not own a $10 billion NFL franchise you did not build teams you might think your fantasy football teams are something special you might think the way you play Madden is special you might think because you watch games and watch what other teams do makes you a professional in order to mock you question everything's a real front office with hundreds of people that all their jobs are to do is locate talent and find a way to get them on the job and get away to get under the cap you are not that person this place is not that place they know more than you and I'm not saying we shouldn't question anything and I'm not saying this season's gonna be great but you're trying to make a fan feel bad for being positive and that is your problem you have an issue with your personality because you want people to be on your side so when we don't all get on the negative side of things those who try to be positive just get **** on around here and I ain't letting it happen..

You know the only way to settle this who's right who's wrong is next February we'll find out how this all works out in February but three straight off seasons this same nonsense has been said and all of you have been wrong yes we wanna get further in the playoffs yes we all yearn for another NFC championship game and another Super Bowl but don't act like this team never has a good roster our front office has put good rosters together even when the fans say the offseasons went horribly wrong that's on the fan base you don't know what you're looking at and you think rosters are built in four days of free agency, that's your problem..​
tell us what you think will happen with DaK?

Motorola

Reaction score

Cousins is way better than Quinn and frankly about the same type of QB as Prescott.
Nah,.....Cousins is way better than Brady Quinn, had to look up who that was., kinda like Jesse Palmer, Kirk Herbstreit category... He is similar to Dak in that they are Fool's Gold. Anyone who thinks they are gold, are fools. Stats against bad teams and are overwhelmed by the better teams. IOW, you ain't gonna win championships with these guys.
WOW - the OP compared Cousins to a 1st round (22nd overall in 2007) bust\ journeyman (5 teams), who didn't play a game in 3 of his 7 seasons.
Quinn - 24 games played \ 20 starts; teams' record 4-16
Cousins- 150 games played \ 145 starts; teams' record 76-67-2

(The OP did mention in his last paragraph 'Perhaps I'm blind, but I see Cousins no better than Brady Quinn...')

Last edited:

DZSierra

Reaction score
WOW - the OP compared Cousins to a 1st round (22nd overall in 2007) bust\ journeyman (5 teams), who didn't play a game in 3 of his 7 seasons.
Quinn - 24 games played \ 20 starts; teams' record 4-16
Cousins- 150 games played \ 145 starts; teams' record 76-67-2

(The OP did mention in his last paragraph 'Perhaps I'm blind, but I see Cousins no better than Brady Quinn...')
End of the day, Cousins has won one playoff game more than Quinn.

My comparison was they both got paid a crap load of money and really haven't won anything. Cousins is a good QB, but worth 180 million? No different than my thoughts on Quinn when he was playing.

DZSierra

Reaction score
So.

The Associated Press' Atlanta Falcons assessment is a B+ in free agency at this point.

Interpretation: the B+ grade is irrelevant.

The AP grade is an F thus far for Dallas Cowboys' free agency.

Interpretation: the F grade reflects Jerry Jones' competency.

Okay.
Ultimately, my whole point is everyones opinion on FA is only a guesstimate. No different than the odds laid for a team to win a superbowl.