This is why Jerry knows what he's doing

sideon

Reaction score
Imagine having blind faith for an organization tat hasn't done anything since 1995:laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I wonder how much, if any of the current strategy is Jimmy's input.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I tend to agree with the OP. Everyone that has left in free agency thus far got us nowhere. Whey keep them? They have a plan and it will be interesting to see what transpires. We can’t do any worse than we have the past 7 years
the whole team and HC have got us to the same spot each year, which you say is nowhere.
Might as well get rid of them all with that philosophy.

What many here wanted was for dallas to have a team that could at least get to playoffs and do better, or at least seem like it.

Jones boys have done the opposite. This team wont make the playoffs this year.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
https://apnews.com/article/cousins-...brown-chiefs-be84d9acaec9ada30539e489cde205f4

I have the untmost faith that both Jerry and Stephen have a ultimate goal that none of us can see.

I think we've got ia all wrong about the Jones.

Reality is I'm thinking most of us don't think that, but if the AP has the Falcons at a grade B+ for signing Cousins, the FA spring sale really doesn't mean that much and it's all open to interpretation and no one has a crystal ball on what can happen this season (think of one play the first game of the season and "one and done" for A Rogers).

Perhaps I'm blind, but I see cousins no more better than Brady Quinn, yet he still finds a way to make stupid money for not winning anything. Damn... could be talking about someoene else LOL

It beats the alternate line of thinking that only leads to despair LOL
You lost me with your juvenile Cousins/Quinn comparison.

Strol

Reaction score
you must have missed the memo you're not allowed to say anything positive about the Dallas Cowboys front office coaching or even players for that matter because nothing they do is gonna be right they're on A roll the the entire Debbie downer pitchfork and torch crowd is out they've been out since the Green Bay game and please you're gonna get nothing but negativity blowback from your positive statement they already think the season's over and that we lost the postseason 4 days into free agency... So hey kudos for being positive but nobody likes it and hear it apparently you have to be negative you have to be in their little group the party has been formed and if you're not part of it you will be trampled over
You must not be aware Dallas hasn't made a semi final in 28 years.

Grenic

Reaction score
you must have missed the memo you're not allowed to say anything positive about the Dallas Cowboys front office coaching or even players for that matter because nothing they do is gonna be right they're on A roll the the entire Debbie downer pitchfork and torch crowd is out they've been out since the Green Bay game and please you're gonna get nothing but negativity blowback from your positive statement they already think the season's over and that we lost the postseason 4 days into free agency... So hey kudos for being positive but nobody likes it and hear it apparently you have to be negative you have to be in their little group the party has been formed and if you're not part of it you will be trampled over
29 years of crap

kskboys

Reaction score
https://apnews.com/article/cousins-...brown-chiefs-be84d9acaec9ada30539e489cde205f4

I have the untmost faith that both Jerry and Stephen have a ultimate goal that none of us can see.

Reality is I'm thinking most of us don't think that, but if the AP has the Falcons at a grade B+ for signing Cousins, the FA spring sale really doesn't mean that much and it's all open to interpretation and no one has a crystal ball on what can happen this season (think of one play the first game of the season and "one and done" for A Rogers).

Perhaps I'm blind, but I see cousins no more better than Brady Quinn, yet he still finds a way to make stupid money for not winning anything. Damn... could be talking about someoene else LOL

29 year plan, hey? When's the fruition date?

kskboys

Reaction score

Oh, and yes, you are blind. Cousins is a decent middle of the pack QB. Brady Quinn was beyond awful. Seriously, that's the type of comparison that begets no respect. Might want to rethink that one.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score

29 years tells me he’s clueless and why are you giving him the benefit of the doubt? He doesn’t deserve it.

The sooner you accept despair the sooner you will remove any semblance of hope and deal with the realities of the organization and its dysfunction.

A little harsh? You bet it is.

Chasing6

Reaction score

I would hope Jerry Jones know's what he is doing or we need an intervention, however what he is doing is another story.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Cousins is a better QB than many here want to give him credit for. He’s a lot like Dak in that he’s a good regular season QB that’s done Jack squat in the post season. I would take Dak over Kirk though.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
jerry knows what he's doing. Heck nobody has to tell him when his adult diaper is full either.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Cousins is a better QB than many here want to give him credit for. He’s a lot like Dak in that he’s a good regular season QB that’s done Jack squat in the post season. I would take Dak over Kirk though.
The question becomes is it the QB or is it the team for a lack of playoff wins? That's such an open ended question with so many variables, it may be a question impossible to answer (greanted, not with some particular QB's).

Do I honestly think that Cousins in a better QB than Quinn? Of course. By games played and total stats alone that's an easy assumption.

That said, do I think cousins is worth the money he is being paid? No. This is exactly where cousins reminds me of Quinn, leaving me scratching my head.

That said, perhaps my age had disillusioned me on pay vs performance.

I remember when Dan Fouts was going to have one of the most lucrative paydays in football. In todays money, that comes out to about 3 million a year. Heck, Aikman after 12 seasons made a total of 55 million. When I see Cousins signing 180 million dollar year contract, I can't help but think of Quinn, and scratch my head on what or why they decided that was a good deal for the team.

Then again you have Broadway Joe who some think was a great QB that I think no differently of Nick Foles.

cowboyed

Reaction score

Nothing wrong with hoping for the best or thinking positively about free agent player selective acquisitioning strategy. However, as we have been unable to go deep into the playoffs for almost 3 decades now is a reflection on the decision making of upper management primarily consisting of octogenarian figurehead GM and owner Jerry Jones and financially non-creative and team building indifferent Stephen Jones. I would love to be wrong and truly welcome deft player and coaching personnel moves by this organization but it just seems we are mostly mired in the retreads business.

Last edited: