This is why Jerry knows what he's doing

Creeper

Reaction score
I am not sure what the point is. Cousins is a good QB but he seems to have some kind of brick wall that keeps him from getting over the top. I think he will help the Falcons immensely in 2024.

But the Falcons have made other moves that will make them a better team. I think getting Rondale Moore was a nice deal for them. He adds another threat and Cousins will get him teh ball.

My bigger concerns are Detroit and SF. They both did some nice work this off-season. Detroit could become a real powerhouse on both sides of the ball. That entire division could be improved. Chicago is going to struggle with Caleb Williams this year but the rest of the division is solid.

rambo2

Reaction score
https://apnews.com/article/cousins-...brown-chiefs-be84d9acaec9ada30539e489cde205f4

I have the untmost faith that both Jerry and Stephen have a ultimate goal that none of us can see.

I think we've got ia all wrong about the Jones.

Reality is I'm thinking most of us don't think that, but if the AP has the Falcons at a grade B+ for signing Cousins, the FA spring sale really doesn't mean that much and it's all open to interpretation and no one has a crystal ball on what can happen this season (think of one play the first game of the season and "one and done" for A Rogers).

Perhaps I'm blind, but I see cousins no more better than Brady Quinn, yet he still finds a way to make stupid money for not winning anything. Damn... could be talking about someoene else LOL

It beats the alternate line of thinking that only leads to despair LOL
Cousins is one of the better qbs in the league. Good qbs make a lot of money because they are scarce. More than half of the teams don't have a good qb. It is hard to get one. It comes down to supply and demand.

Motorola

Reaction score
End of the day, Cousins has won one playoff game more than Quinn.

My comparison was they both got paid a crap load of money and really haven't won anything. Cousins is a good QB, but worth 180 million? No different than my thoughts on Quinn when he was playing.
One can that about many QBs throughout the league's history...but Cousins is way better as player than Brady was.

DZSierra

Reaction score
You’re overlooking that they brought in Moore and Mooney to add to the receiver room. Add them to London and Pitts and their pass catchers may collectively be better than ours.
They're putting a lot of effort and money into one man who I don't think can do it IMO.

Cousins has won 1 palyoff game.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
They're putting a lot of effort and money into one man who I don't think can do it IMO.

Cousins has won 1 palyoff game.
45mil is quite cost friendly per todays standards. We’re putting a lot more money into a guy that has 2.

Not a knock on Dak, just stating a fact for reference.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Last 5 years at least are the same old threads about free agency and Dak and the downfall of the team in general. Yet, other than the COVID year, the Cowboys have had winning records abet poor playoffs.

Why do any of us think it is going to be different? If we play some good moves in the draft and guys that will help with depth in free agency then we will head for the same record and hope for luck in the playoffs.

It is just the business of the Cowboys.

Motorola

Reaction score
I am not sure what the point is. Cousins is a good QB but he seems to have some kind of brick wall that keeps him from getting over the top. I think he will help the Falcons immensely in 2024.

But the Falcons have made other moves that will make them a better team. I think getting Rondale Moore was a nice deal for them. He adds another threat and Cousins will get him teh ball.

My bigger concerns are Detroit and SF. They both did some nice work this off-season. Detroit could become a real powerhouse on both sides of the ball. That entire division could be improved. Chicago is going to struggle with Caleb Williams this year but the rest of the division is solid.
Falcons the last few seasons have had a solid RB room and improving WRs and TEs..but their OLine is subpar in pass blocking.
It hasn't been as bad as the last four years with Matt Ryan (40+ sacks 2018-21), but they still give up pressures that rattled young Desmond Ridder so much he underperformed his two seasons in Atlanta (thus traded to Cardinals).
In the NFC South - where the Bucs have barely won the division over their rivals with an 8-9 and 9-8 record the past two seasons, Cousins arrival will have some pundits picking the Falcons to come out on top in 2024.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Good teams go all out in free agency and bad teams go all out in free agency.

Good teams stay quiet in free agency and bad teams stay quiet in free agency.

Neither is the sure approach to success nor failure

fivetwos

Reaction score
Last 5 years at least are the same old threads about free agency and Dak and the downfall of the team in general. Yet, other than the COVID year, the Cowboys have had winning records abet poor playoffs.

Why do any of us think it is going to be different? If we play some good moves in the draft and guys that will help with depth in free agency then we will head for the same record and hope for luck in the playoffs.

It is just the business of the Cowboys.
Right, so even when they get lucky enough to put themselves in a position to contend with their draft only approach, they refuse to recognize that they need FA supplements to get them over the top during that time.

The only real hope is eventually lucking into a generational QB that is clearly way better than everyone else, and can actually win games on his own as opposed to just paid that way.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
https://apnews.com/article/cousins-...brown-chiefs-be84d9acaec9ada30539e489cde205f4

I have the untmost faith that both Jerry and Stephen have a ultimate goal that none of us can see.

Reality is I'm thinking most of us don't think that, but if the AP has the Falcons at a grade B+ for signing Cousins, the FA spring sale really doesn't mean that much and it's all open to interpretation and no one has a crystal ball on what can happen this season (think of one play the first game of the season and "one and done" for A Rogers).

Perhaps I'm blind, but I see cousins no more better than Brady Quinn, yet he still finds a way to make stupid money for not winning anything. Damn... could be talking about someoene else LOL

lol. You must be an eagles fan…only an eagles fan would say anything positive about J running the cowboys.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score

What dies the Falcons "FA grade" have to do with us?

I am not understanding ur point in this thread.

Is it, that we haven't been relevant at all this century, are one of only a few teams that haven't even been to a championship game since the internet became mainstream, we haven't done anything this offseason and by all accounts and evidence are just going to trot the exact same thing we trotted out last year and the year before, out again this year....but year #29 is the charm, so THAT'S the plan we're all not seeing?

What is this plan the Jones have you are referring to, that inspires "the utmost faith" in you, despite appearing to everyone else (and even yourself) that he's simply doing nothing?

visionary

Reaction score
So.

The Associated Press' Atlanta Falcons assessment is a B+ in free agency at this point.

Interpretation: the B+ grade is irrelevant.

The AP grade is an F thus far for Dallas Cowboys' free agency.

Interpretation: the F grade reflects Jerry Jones' competency.

Okay.
Hey, he is also a fan of the Fantasy genre, that should count for something
:laugh:

Phil413Cowboy

Reaction score

First or second round exit

Davidlee1973

Reaction score

I always knew Stevie was a member on here and now he has finally outed himself. Hey Stevie can you get big daddy to send me a free bottle of JW blue? Drunk is the only way I’m going to be able make it thru the dumpster fire season that will be 2024

DZSierra

Reaction score
I always knew Stevie was a member on here and now he has finally outed himself. Hey Stevie can you get big daddy to send me a free bottle of JW blue? Drunk is the only way I’m going to be able make it thru the dumpster fire season that will be 2024
Sorry, the only thing we have on the shelf is Pappy Van Winkle:)