This is why Jerry knows what he's doing

DZSierra

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with hoping for the best or thinking positively about free agent player selective acquisitioning strategy. However, as we have been unable to go deep into the playoffs for almost 3 decades now is a reflection on the decision making of upper management primarily consisting of octogenarian GM and owner Jerry Jones and financially non-creative and team building indifferent Stephen Jones.
End of the day, what leaves me scratching my head considering the Cowboys are apparently the most richest sports francise in the U.S.

cowboyed

Reaction score
End of the day, what leaves me scratching my head considering the Cowboys are apparently the most richest sports francise in the U.S.
The salary cap was put into place decades ago to restrict financial powerhouse teams from dominating the NFL thereby also extinguishing smaller market teams in the league.

DZSierra

Reaction score
The salary cap was put into place decades ago to restrict financial powerhouse teams from dominating the NFL thereby also extinguishing smaller market teams in the league.
Understand that. But why does it seem to be a handicap to the Cowboys?

blueblood70

Reaction score
You must not be aware Dallas hasn't made a semi final in 28 years.
goodbye troll yup nice low post count and name is S TRoll you must not realize some of us in here have been in here for a very long time and we don't put up with nonsense who cares what happened over the last 28 years you're stuck in the past all that matters is this year literally if you don't like it you could pick another team to follow or you could take up badminton or cornhole ,hell I hear pickleball is more on your level or maybe you should follow the Arlington Renegades given that they seem to be the talk of the town because they won a championship in a D league... Literally there's your eight team league full of people that can barely make a practice squad but hey you could be them go support them or go be the flavor of the month bandwagon guy be a chiefs fan or be a 49ers fan but as a Cowboys fan all I care about is this year it's a year to year league it's a week to week season and that is all I'm looking forward to don't need trolls reminding me of anything I've been a fan since 1980....

shabazz

Reaction score
I have the untmost faith that both Jerry and Stephen have a ultimate goal that none of us can see.

I think we've got ia all wrong about the Jones.
I start this by saying that we aren't ALL WRONG about the Jones but perhaps they have seen the light about something.

Perhaps after the Packers embarrassment they finally realized that the status quo isn't working. But instead of doubling down with the same players, they finally are shedding old and injured players.

We expected them to ADD meaningful help to get them over the hump but the reality is that there are too many holes to win it all in 2024.

So bravo to them for realizing that the deer has to be gutted and cleaned before processing the meat and mounting the head (that's what she said)

Hey, that's a corny enough cliche that maybe Jerry will add it to his resume of cringeworthy phrases

Strol

Reaction score
goodbye troll yup nice low post count and name is S TRoll you must not realize some of us in here have been in here for a very long time and we don't put up with nonsense who cares what happened over the last 28 years you're stuck in the past all that matters is this year literally if you don't like it you could pick another team to follow or you could take up badminton or cornhole ,hell I hear pickleball is more on your level or maybe you should follow the Arlington Renegades given that they seem to be the talk of the town because they won a championship in a D league... Literally there's your eight team league full of people that can barely make a practice squad but hey you could be them go support them or go be the flavor of the month bandwagon guy be a chiefs fan or be a 49ers fan but as a Cowboys fan all I care about is this year it's a year to year league it's a week to week season and that is all I'm looking forward to don't need trolls reminding me of anything I've been a fan since 1980....
Ah Yes.. post count = knowledge. You can’t possibly know football if you have a low count on this website. The biggest losers alive are the one who don’t question their team and just blindly accept anything.

I have no idea what else you’re talking about in that nonsense ramble. Seek help.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
"Jerry knows what he's doing"
tenor.gif

Whyjerry

Reaction score
https://apnews.com/article/cousins-...brown-chiefs-be84d9acaec9ada30539e489cde205f4

I have the untmost faith that both Jerry and Stephen have a ultimate goal that none of us can see.

Reality is I'm thinking most of us don't think that, but if the AP has the Falcons at a grade B+ for signing Cousins, the FA spring sale really doesn't mean that much and it's all open to interpretation and no one has a crystal ball on what can happen this season (think of one play the first game of the season and "one and done" for A Rogers).

Perhaps I'm blind, but I see cousins no more better than Brady Quinn, yet he still finds a way to make stupid money for not winning anything. Damn... could be talking about someoene else LOL

It beats the alternate line of thinking that only leads to despair LOL
Is this a parody account?

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Nah,.....Cousins is way better than Brady Quinn, had to look up who that was., kinda like Jesse Palmer, Kirk Herbstreit category... He is similar to Dak in that they are Fool's Gold. Anyone who thinks they are gold, are fools. Stats against bad teams and are overwhelmed by the better teams. IOW, you ain't gonna win championships with these guys.

well bringing in and then they can make some trades like they did with Gilmore

tenor.gif

tenor.gif
Is that Roger Goodell responding to this statement?

Swagger

Reaction score
I am not sure what the point is. Cousins is a good QB but he seems to have some kind of brick wall that keeps him from getting over the top. I think he will help the Falcons immensely in 2024.

But the Falcons have made other moves that will make them a better team. I think getting Rondale Moore was a nice deal for them. He adds another threat and Cousins will get him teh ball.

My bigger concerns are Detroit and SF. They both did some nice work this off-season. Detroit could become a real powerhouse on both sides of the ball. That entire division could be improved. Chicago is going to struggle with Caleb Williams this year but the rest of the division is solid.
Cousins will turn out to be a major mistake by the Falcons. Reminds me of when the Colts signed Matt Ryan. Cousins isn't quite as washed as Ryan was at that point but like Dak Prescott, he's a choke artist against good teams in big games. Horrible move and for a QB coming off a serious injury...like what could possibly go wrong?!

DZSierra

Reaction score
Cousins will turn out to be a major mistake by the Falcons. Reminds me of when the Colts signed Matt Ryan. Cousins isn't quite as washed as Ryan was at that point but like Dak Prescott, he's a choke artist against good teams in big games. Horrible move and for a QB coming off a serious injury...like what could possibly go wrong?!
Well, at least on Cousins, we hold the exact same opinion :)

That said, apparently the AP disagrees.

BUT...in our corner is SI LOL

https://www.si.com/nfl/falcons/news...-will-regret-signing-kirk-cousins-free-agency

Again, I just scratch my head over the 180 million for 4 years.

kskboys

Reaction score
I would hope Jerry Jones know's what he is doing or we need an intervention, however what he is doing is another story.
Since he's been proving he doesn't going on 29 years, why would you think he does?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
https://apnews.com/article/cousins-...brown-chiefs-be84d9acaec9ada30539e489cde205f4

Reality is I'm thinking most of us don't think that, but if the AP has the Falcons at a grade B+ for signing Cousins, the FA spring sale really doesn't mean that much and it's all open to interpretation and no one has a crystal ball on what can happen this season (think of one play the first game of the season and "one and done" for A Rogers).

Perhaps I'm blind, but I see cousins no more better than Brady Quinn, yet he still finds a way to make stupid money for not winning anything. Damn... could be talking about someoene else LOL

Jerry and Stephen seem to have missed the mark each and every year. It seems likely they might have financed that excessively complimentary editorial about themselves.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Understand that. But why does it seem to be a handicap to the Cowboys?
I think Jerry and Stephen are not the most football management talented at their respective positions despite owning and managing this franchise since 1989. The pedestrian duo is more reactive than proactive when it comes to adaptive team development and too distracted with all their other family business ventures. They tend to overvalue and have unrealistic expectations of the coaches and players they acquire making them too subjective in their decision making. Without enough quality and durable player depth you usually end up with less fire power late in the season and particularly the post season.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Hey Kool Aid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!