This is why Staubach is revered around here

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And isnt it amazing that as soon as Landry benched Morton for Staubach the team got over the hump. Apparently that is hard for you to understand.
Morton played in a SB....timing is everything. I understand just fine, Roger is one of my all time favorites, but that was then....

MetalMike

Reaction score
Here's a team stat that also might be indicative of QB play. Patrick Mahomes since becoming the starter in 2018 has led the Chiefs to the AFC championship game every season. That also includes winning 2 of 3 SB's.
Drafting a great QB to lead your team for several years should be a higher priority in Jerry World. That's the difference in what they've experienced the last 6 years compared to what we've experienced in the last 8 years.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Wins is a team stat....fine. But isnt it amazing how GREAT QBs and wins are so closely correlated.

Well Dak's career is 64%.

Tony's was 59%.

Troy's was 55%

Just saying.

Last edited:

diamonddelts

Reaction score
No disrespect to Aikman because he will always be the man, but Captain Comeback is the ONLY QB in our team’s history where no matter the opponent, no matter regular season or playoffs, you always knew you had a shot if he was your QB.
Unless it was the Steelers.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Staubach is my favorite player all time. Only jersey I have hanging on my wall of fame but he did take over a SB caliber team.

The closet thing he had to a team starting from scratch or rebuilding was 1975 which 74 was our only season missing the playoffs in our 20 consecutive winning seasons.

But we did add the famous Dirty Dozen draft picks and rebounded to a SB. The first Wild Card team to make a SB. And that was probably one of Rogers greatest seasons where had to take over some games.

It was also aided by one of the most iconic plays in his and Cowboys history. The Hail Mary which without we wouldn't have advanced in playoffs and into SB.

I’ll always believe he was our greatest QB but he benefitted from taking over a SB caliber team which went to 4 consecutive conference championships and 7 total in a decade including 5 SB’s.

1942willys

Reaction score
When I say tough I don’t mean physical I mean as far as talent goes.
Every era has better physical talent; most of the starters in the 90's would not make a roster today
But you are a fool if you think anyone agrees with your tougher claim
When you can get splattered like they could in the 70's, NO ONE is tougher