This is why we believe in conspiracies

plymkr

Reaction score
..thats been our bad luck in recent post season. Hopefully, ends this year. ;)..
Well I think the players and the coaches have to put themselves in a situation where they can’t let the refs decide the final play. Bad luck, bad refs and us not playing our best is never a good combo.

Me personally I feel in this day and age the refs should all be consistent because the rules are consistent. I know there will be human error but that specific play the ref was a little overzealous. But if Dallas would have played better we wouldn’t have been effected by the refs or bad luck. But I agree, hopefully our play changes our luck.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He did. After Dak got up from his run. He gave the ball the center. The center got down ready to snap the ball, then the dumb *** ref comes from behind Dak, BUMPS into Dak, bends down to tell the center something probably 'I need to move the ball back', the center lets go of the ball and then the ref picks the ball up about a couple of inches off the ground, moves it back about a yard and then the center touches it again to hike it and then the clock ran out to zero.
See stuff like that...I can respect the refs letting it slide. A game shouldn't end on a ref getting involved. I'm not just saying that because its the Cowboys its how I truly feel. They let things slide all game. Let holdings slide, PI's slide....swallow your whistle to end the game.

JustChip

Reaction score
What's this "we," emotional one?

This is where it pays to actually pay attention instead of letting emotions do their thing and playing victim. In the Jets game, if you look at where the receiver came down and where the Jets tried to line up, they lined up behind the receiver's forward progress which had reached the 16 yard line. They lined up at the 17 so there was no need to re-spot the ball, by design or not, who knows. You know this by watching the Side Judge on the sideline marking where the spot of the ball is. He was lined up right where the OL was.

Compare that to what the Cowboys did. Dak slid, so the ball gets spotted where he starts his slide, not where he ends up. Ball should have been just inside the 25. The Cowboys were a full yard ahead of that which is where the Line Judge was on the top sideline, so the official running in got confused because he's supposed to spot where the Line Judge is but time is running out so instead of making the entire OL move back like he should have and he started to do, he instead just leaves it there and then you see the Side Judge on the sideline actually hop forward to give the Cowboys the extra yard they took. If he went by the book, time expires anyway but the Cowboys trying to take an extra yard is what delayed things for them. So there's no victimhood, just one team who knew what would preserve the most time and another team who panicked and shot themselves in the foot.

That makes sense, but come on, the official has to be situationally aware. The Cowboys weren’t trying to cheat forward a yard; they were trying to get set as quick as possible to spike it. The official could’ve done just like in the Jets-Giants game and let the spike happen and then reset the LoS if warranted. My guess is the league discussed this after the Cowboys game and instructed officials how to handle this going forward.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
If you would know who controls you see who you may not criticise.
Tacitus - old Roman guy

Who is everyone in the NFL forbidden to criticize? The referees.

The NFL makes the most money with competitive games. I imagine advertisers pay even more in the the 4th quarter of close games and overtime games. The referees’ role, to a large degree, is to keep the game close into the 4th quarter. To do this, the referees have to ‘cheat’ and call penalties to keep it close. The art is to not be so obvious. Usually, a little nudge here and there is enough. Sometimes the teams are just too mismatched to make it competitive, or one team is just having a completely bad day and the refs just can’t do anything to make it competitive without blowing their cover.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I don't care where the Jets lined up at. They could have lined up on Jupiter. The refs needed to spot the ball and they didn't. I always see a player look for the ref to throw the ball to or hand the ball to after they get tackled. None of this happened on that play.

Now go write another novel about how you think you know what you are talking about.
Yup, conspiracy loons always dismiss the actual evidence. Did you not hear Romo on the Cowboys video? The official has to touch the ball. They did in both cases here. But one team lined up where the Side Judge was and another lined up ahead of the Line Judge necessitating a re-spot. That's why they turned out differently. But victims need their Boogeyman. You conspiracy people believe in them due to emotions, not actual knowledge. Then get all whiny when someone presents it. Just say you only want your way from the outset and don't call for truth and then pretend you don't see it when it arrives.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
That makes sense, but come on, the official has to be situationally aware. The Cowboys weren’t trying to cheat forward a yard; they were trying to get set as quick as possible to spike it. The official could’ve done just like in the Jets-Giants game and let the spike happen and then reset the LoS if warranted. My guess is the league discussed this after the Cowboys game and instructed officials how to handle this going forward.
They could have made it a point of emphasis after that Cowboys game but if a team needs a FG like the Jets needed and tries to cheat forward for a yard, intentional or not, and aren't corrected, is that fair? In the Cowboys game, they did wind up giving the Cowboys the extra yard they shouldn't have but not being lined up correctly is what caused the extra delay. If you're lined up with the Side Judge there's no need to re-spot a ball that's correctly spotted and the official only has to touch the ball just like Romo stated on the broadcast. As a team, you have to know the rules. Also, Dak took extra time sliding like he did when the rules now allow him to slide forward to give himself up which would have been quicker so he could get right back up. But even from there, the team has to know to look at the Side Judge and line up with him. Receivers do it on the outside and the line should in that situation too.

mldardy

Reaction score
Yup, conspiracy loons always dismiss the actual evidence. Did you not hear Romo on the Cowboys video? The official has to touch the ball. They did in both cases here. But one team lined up where the Side Judge was and another lined up ahead of the Line Judge necessitating a re-spot. That's why they turned out differently. But victims need their Boogeyman. You conspiracy people believe in them due to emotions, not actual knowledge. Then get all whiny when someone presents it. Just say you only want your way from the outset and don't call for truth and then pretend you don't see it when it arrives.
Listening to Romo. That’s one of many of your problems

Radiashun

Reaction score
The league and networks want every Cowboys game possible. They are not going to conspire against their own best interests by keeping Dallas out of the NFC Championship Game and the Super Bowl for close to three decades.

spice

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

This is where it pays to actually pay attention instead of letting emotions do their thing and playing victim. In the Jets game, if you look at where the receiver came down and where the Jets tried to line up, they lined up behind the receiver's forward progress which had reached the 16 yard line. They lined up at the 17 so there was no need to re-spot the ball, by design or not, who knows. You know this by watching the Side Judge on the sideline marking where the spot of the ball is. He was lined up right where the OL was.

Compare that to what the Cowboys did. Dak slid, so the ball gets spotted where he starts his slide, not where he ends up. Ball should have been just inside the 25. The Cowboys were a full yard ahead of that which is where the Line Judge was on the top sideline, so the official running in got confused because he's supposed to spot where the Line Judge is but time is running out so instead of making the entire OL move back like he should have and he started to do, he instead just leaves it there and then you see the Side Judge on the sideline actually hop forward to give the Cowboys the extra yard they took. If he went by the book, time expires anyway but the Cowboys trying to take an extra yard is what delayed things for them. So there's no victimhood, just one team who knew what would preserve the most time and another team who panicked and shot themselves in the foot.

Trying to follow what your saying (no sarcasm) but if the offense spots the ball behind the yard line gained the officials will not respot the ball?

T-RO

Reaction score
The officiating has gone down hill in the NFL.
It embarrassing ,with as much money as the NFL rakes in, that they can't do better.
They like raking in more...always more...which predators always deem better. The NFL a business run by billionaires, many of which gained their worth through extremely predatorial practices wreaked on middle income and lower income folk.

It's not accident, it's not carelessness. It's intentional.

T-RO

Reaction score
"Marcus" works for the League. He likely makes his rounds on various forums with various identies. Let's be clear about that. The only time he shows up is to defend the NFL's "integrity".

He's never here to discuss the draft. He's never here to discuss free agents. He's never here in the offseason. He shows up for one cause and only one cause. Deceitfully defend the league.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
1. The illegal huddle was still the worst for me.
2. Though, one time D-Law was called for a delay of game for a normal shift. That was weird.
3. False start on the long snapper was a unique way to end the game.
4. Those long stretches of no holds for our d-line the year (coincidently) Jerry was fighting with the ref’s boss.
5. The Dez catch
6. Two tripping penalties on all pro center that didn’t happen
7. Unsportsmanlike conduct on Garrett for arguing a call.
8. Those Pi’s on Brown vs Raiders
Those were all worse, but the San Fran one was bad too.

There’s no conspiracy and there’s no real way for a fan to prove there isn’t or is. Though, I believe there’s bias in some officials towards the most popular team. I actually think it’s been much better recently with the new younger group of refs.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
"Marcus" works for the League. He likely makes his rounds on various forums with various identies. Let's be clear about that. The only time he shows up is to defend the NFL's "integrity".

He's never here to discuss the draft. He's never here to discuss free agents. He's never here in the offseason. He shows up for one cause and only one cause. Deceitfully defend the league.
Wow. That’s a damn good theory and point.

*He’s extremely unlikeable too.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score

It took you till post #10 to interject Marcus, you're slippin' my man.