This OL Is Shaping Up To Be The Best Since The 90's

BoysWin

Reaction score
This OL Is Shaping Up To Be The Best Since The 90's.Cowboys. Madden Would Be Proud.. "Boom"

Projected 2024 offensive line now looks like this: Tyler Guyton at left tackle, Tyler Smith at left guard, Cooper "The Keg" Beebe at center, Zack Martin at right guard and Terence Steele at right tackle. That's a front five that has as much upside as any in the entire NFL Going Forward..

This has Jimmy Johnson Written All Over It..

Great Wall of Dallas" line of the early-to-mid '90s as the most dominant in franchise history. The 1995 Super Bowl front boasted Hall of Fame guard Larry Allen, left tackle Mark Tuinei, guard Nate Newton and center Ray Donaldson.

Guys,We Need a Name For This OL
1. Boom Of Explosion
Now we need a comparable DL to what Jimmy built 91-95 and Landry’s Doomsday I and II

32BellyOption

Reaction score
We don’t even have a starting C with experience and our LT is a rookie. This oline won’t be no where near as good as the 90’s or even as good as last years.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Two rookies who have never taken a pro snap will now be contributors to the best OL since the 90s. Cool.

Never change, Cowboy fans!

nobody

Reaction score
Yeah Just Like We Grade Draft Picks Who Haven't Even Played a Down.
There Some Here Gave Our Draft a D-...LOL
They weren't flashy picks, but were certainly necessary ones. I'd give most of them at least a B just based on what the team needed overall.

Plankton

Reaction score
Fans like the OP are why Jerry Jones gets cheered at training camp.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
That 06-09 line was legit. And with good defenses
I think the only thing the Jones' have done right the past 30ish years outside of a few years is constantly have a top O-Line.

We've been on a historical run of having a great O-line the last 15ish years or so especially.

All have been wasted of course because a great O-Line can only do so much, but still, we've been top notch there for what seems like forever now.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I think the only thing the Jones' have done right the past 30ish years outside of a few years is constantly have a top O-Line.

We've been on a historical run of having a great O-line the last 15ish years or so especially.

All have been wasted of course because a great O-Line can only do so much, but still, we've been top notch there for what seems like forever now.
We really haven't, our o line has barely been healthy. We have had the talent but haven't really put it together consistently.

14-16 was good but then t fred got sick and had to retire. Along with smith never being available

Let's not forget the coaching staff and jerry playing players out of their position. Lael Collins played tackle because of money. His real spot is guard. Everyone knew it.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
Two rookies who have never taken a pro snap will now be contributors to the best OL since the 90s. Cool.

Never change, Cowboy fans!
When Jimmy Built Those OL (With Some Rookies)
It Was Shaping Up To Be The Best.

Yep You're Darn Right..I'll Never Change Cowboy Fan

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Aaaannnd it's started.

From the disgust of the annual playoff humiliation, comes the yearly early Summer delusional hype train that happens every year...which will culminate in Sept and October, when once again there will be dozens of cheese fest threads about players "growling", that we're the best team in the league, that we're going to the SuperBowl, that every other team sucks, and then the Saints or Seahawks or some version of the Packers from last year will embarrass us again on national TV in the Wild Card round after Dak throws 3 INTs and looks like a deer in headlights again....and then the yearly 3 month depression between January and March will set in, until it starts ALL over again next April.

All because we drafted a project left tackle, and a ham-and-egger guard, who apparently has already earned a lame nickname, because they have (in the last 2 days) set us on the course to having the best opine in the league, after they team up with 45 year old Zack Martin.

Gotta love it.

Last edited:

TheGoat73

Reaction score
This OL Is Shaping Up To Be The Best Since The 90's.Cowboys. Madden Would Be Proud.. "Boom"

Projected 2024 offensive line now looks like this: Tyler Guyton at left tackle, Tyler Smith at left guard, Cooper "The Keg" Beebe at center, Zack Martin at right guard and Terence Steele at right tackle. That's a front five that has as much upside as any in the entire NFL Going Forward..

This has Jimmy Johnson Written All Over It..

Great Wall of Dallas" line of the early-to-mid '90s as the most dominant in franchise history. The 1995 Super Bowl front boasted Hall of Fame guard Larry Allen, left tackle Mark Tuinei, guard Nate Newton and center Ray Donaldson.

Guys,We Need a Name For This OL
1. Boom Of Explosion
I’m ready for it to be really ugly this year and for the payoff in 2025.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
Fans like the OP are why Jerry Jones gets cheered at training camp.
Dude I'm Not a JJ Homer..I The OP Simply Stating Base On Drafting Heavy For Our OL Is Shaping Up Potentially To Be One Of The Best.
I'll Cheer For That..

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Dude I'm Not a JJ Homer..I The OP Simply Stating Base On Drafting Heavy For Our OL Is Shaping Up Potentially To Be One Of The Best.
I'll Cheer For That..
They got a boom or bust tackle, who currently isn't strong enough to play right away, and a safe guard, who probably can play right away, but has limited upside.

Let's get competent, before we start talking "best in the league".

Drafting oLinemen is one thing. But they need to be good. We prioritized D-Line in the 1st round of last year's draft.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
We really haven't, our o line has barely been healthy. We have had the talent but haven't really put it together consistently.

14-16 was good but then t fred got sick and had to retire. Along with smith never being available

Let's not forget the coaching staff and jerry playing players out of their position. Lael Collins played tackle because of money. His real spot is guard. Everyone knew it.
You'd be hard-pressed to find any O-Line the past 15 or so years that has been consistently as great as the Cowboys O-Line has been, healthy or not.

You could pencil us in for at least 2 All-Pros every year and sometimes 3. Smith and Martin are sure fire HOFers and Frederick would've been.

There's not many other teams that's had stretches that great in the history of the sport.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You'd be hard-pressed to find any O-Line the past 15 or so years that has been consistently as great as the Cowboys O-Line has been, healthy or not.

You could pencil us in for at least 2 All-Pros every year and sometimes 3. Smith and Martin are sure fire HOFers and Frederick would've been.

There's not many other teams that's had stretches that great in the history of the sport.
Philly o line has had a better line than us. And more consistent over the past 10 years