This one's on Dak

Swagger

Reaction score
And this is why some Dak critics will always hate Dak, in their belief that Romo deserved or was entitled to coming in and finishing off the 2016 season, after Dak got the team off to a hot start.
It's not about entitlement etc just common sense. The 2016 was loaded on offense and Prescott had done his job superbly well of filling in as a rookie QB for an All Pro vet QB. Rookie QBs do not win Superbowls which should be the aim not to give a rookie post season experience. People get hung up on the individuals involved and try to make it emotional when starting a rookie QB over an All Pro vet QB was simply a boneheaded decision. Playing the hot hand argument is hilarious (and that worked out well being one and done with the #1 seed).

It's not Prescott's fault but when he spiked the ball with what turned out to be the Cowboys' final possession it gave the Packers' D time to reset and reorganise when they were gassed out on their feet and ultimately it gave Aaron Rodgers enough time to win the game. Garrett likely told him to do it whereas had a Vet QB been playing like Romo they continue no huddle and punish a D out on it's feet like he did vs the Giants in 2015 (I think!). I would say the same had it been Justin Herbert not Dak Prescott as a rookie. You go with the All Pro vet QB.

shabazz

Reaction score
And this is why some Dak critics will always hate Dak, in their belief that Romo deserved or was entitled to coming in and finishing off the 2016 season, after Dak got the team off to a hot start.

Not true. Im only critical of the massive salary cap funds used on a player that hasn’t proven to me that he’s elite in big games, like 1-2 in playoffs. He said had a huge season and any thoughts of this alleged teenage wording referred to as “hate” in unfounded.

The whole team played like garbage but the others aren’t paid 20% of the teams salary. We all know the Qb gets too much blame and too much credit

If this team gets to the super bowl, then it’s money well spent but until I see more than 1 playoff win in 6 years every player and their salary should be fair game for discussion. If their was no salary cap, I wouldn’t give a rip what anybody makes. The FO decisions are as critical as the players performances.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
It's not about entitlement etc just common sense. The 2016 was loaded on offense and Prescott had done his job superbly well of filling in as a rookie QB for an All Pro vet QB. Rookie QBs do not win Superbowls which should be the aim not to give a rookie post season experience. People get hung up on the individuals involved and try to make it emotional when starting a rookie QB over an All Pro vet QB was simply a boneheaded decision. Playing the hot hand argument is hilarious (and that worked out well being one and done with the #1 seed).

It's not Prescott's fault but when he spiked the ball with what turned out to be the Cowboys' final possession it gave the Packers' D time to reset and reorganise when they were gassed out on their feet and ultimately it gave Aaron Rodgers enough time to win the game. Garrett likely told him to do it whereas had a Vet QB been playing like Romo they continue no huddle and punish a D out on it's feet like he did vs the Giants in 2015 (I think!). I would say the same had it been Justin Herbert not Dak Prescott as a rookie. You go with the All Pro vet QB.

No NFL QB in Dak's position was going to step to the side, for the original starting QB to come in and finish the season, just because some fans have the belief that the Original starting QB was 100% guaranteed to get the team to the Super Bowl and win it. Do you believe that Romo would voluntarily step side and sit himself, while QBing a team on a hot winning streak and bound for a playoff berth? Just because some fans had the opinion that another QB could take over and lead the team to the Super Bowl and win the Super Bowl?

So I find it ridiculous for some fans to hate and resent Dak for not doing, what no other QB in the NFL would have done in his position, which is voluntarily bench or sit himself so that another QB can come in and take over.

That Packers game had to do with the the defense allowing Rodgers to complete a pass in the 4th quarter, that set up the game winning Field Goal for the Packers. During the playoff runs that the Cowboys had with Romo, the defense and other players on the Cowboys were always blamed and are still blamed and faulted, for any failures the team had with Romo as the QB. But now that Dak is the QB, the same Romo fans and defenders, who put most of the blame on other players, say and insist that Dak is the only one to blame or should be faulted the most, for any failures the Cowboys had with him as the QB.

I would still expect more of the same in 2016, if Romo took over and the Cowboys still didn't get to the Super Bowl with him. Where the ones who put all of the blame on Dak, would then turn around and insist that it's all the other player's fault or they would suddenly downplay the talent of the 2016 roster, just like they have downplayed the talent on all of the playoff and pro bowl caliber teams that Romo had, in order to excuse or explain away why Romo couldn't win a Super Bowl. While still be determined to put all of the blame and fault on Dak, because they make two different sets of rules for Dak and QBs they happen to favor and then hold Dak to different expectations and standards.

Romo had 10 years to win a Super Bowl and couldn't get it done, some still give him the benefit of the doubt and say that that he should have received more chances still to be able to win a Super Bowl. While they are calling for Dak to be cut from the team, just after 3 seasons of not winning a Super Bowl.

starman22

Reaction score
he played poorly for sure but this is total team loss bro..even if he played better , how about the defense , we would have needed 32 points to win?

Offense, defense, ST, and coaching all equal in the blame..just bad

I blame the equipment guy the most that red strip Jinxed us..:rolleyes::laugh:

Mostly good points, but you really don't know how many points we would have needed to score because the offense couldn't maintain drives to help the defense at all.
Just a really bad game. Hopefully a one game snafu. If it happens again next week that will be the beginning of a trend in the wrong direction

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
The problem is you didn't first talk about how great Dak is and how he's an MVP and CBPOY candidate and say that this is just a hiccup and he'll be back to playing at an elite level next week. Then you have to talk about how bad the rest of the team was too, that way you don't hurt anyone's feelings, and so they'll know that you know it is indeed a team sport. Then and only then, can you talk about the fact that Dak, in a vacuum, sucked in that game.

Oh, you know what, I did all that and still had a screeching harpy all over me because I said Dak played like garbage.

Haha. Touché.

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
You mean this sulker? The Choker, whiny crybaby who whined to the media when he was told by Garrett to shut up and sit down on the bench after he requested a QB challenge for the starting role in November of 2016 after he recovered from his broken vertebrae?

:lmao:

Talk about some flat out hatred

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The problem is you didn't first talk about how great Dak is and how he's an MVP and CBPOY candidate and say that this is just a hiccup and he'll be back to playing at an elite level next week. Then you have to talk about how bad the rest of the team was too, that way you don't hurt anyone's feelings, and so they'll know that you know it is indeed a team sport. Then and only then, can you talk about the fact that Dak, in a vacuum, sucked in that game.

Oh, you know what, I did all that and still had a screeching harpy all over me because I said Dak played like garbage.
Lol. Another Romosexual crybaby.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The leagues leading passer going into Sunday’s game in completion percentage was 6 for 19 thru 3 quarters with 0 points.

Not an MVP performance as Cowboys fell behind 30-0. Many other contributing factors but this was one of them. Not a good performance.

Romo had some turd games as well.

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
Why didn't you say that about the real hater @Captain-Crash who initiated the hateful comments?

Ohhh, it's because you support your Romosexual buddies.

Got it.
Didn’t see them to be totally honest. I did support Romo, I now support Dak. I called out Romo when he played bad and I’m calling out Dak when he does. Doesn’t seem to me with your obvious hatred you ever supported Romo.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Didn’t see them to be totally honest. I did support Romo, I now support Dak. I called out Romo when he played bad and I’m calling out Dak when he does. Doesn’t seem to me with your obvious hatred you ever supported Romo.
Oh, I was a huge Romo supporter. Always wanted him to start. But after he went Hollywood after the 2006 season, then went to Cabo during the 2007 playoffs and said what he said about it afterwards, I couldn't respect him anymore at that point. Not until he got married and stopped with the limelight seeking, thus taking football more seriously, did I go back to supporting him. Sadly, by that time, his body was breaking down and unable to hold up.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
You mean this sulker? The Choker, whiny crybaby who whined to the media when he was told by Garrett to shut up and sit down on the bench after he requested a QB challenge for the starting role in November of 2016 after he recovered from his broken vertebrae?

:lmao:

Exhibit 1: See, this is how a Dak fan does things, especially this poster, trying to belittle Romo to build up Dak. This posters does this constantly if you say anything about the precious Dak.

Why stop there? Go ahead and tell everyone that Dak is even greater than Aikman, as smart as Tom Brady, better than any QB that has ever played the game, and then go wonder why people dog on Dak when you make fun of one of our own to prop up your lover boy. I've told you that you do this all the time...Romo lives in your head, Dak lives in your...nevermind.

Hey, everyone, Romo sucks and so do all NFL QB's except Dak. He be the bestest QB in all of the land! Pathetic to use someone else to prop Dak up, but I understand, because Dak can't do it himself.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

She talks out of both sides of her mouth...she supports Romo then craps on him in the same breath. Real Cowboy fan, uh, real Dak fan.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Exhibit 1: See, this is how a Dak fan does things, especially this poster, trying to belittle Romo to build up Dak. This posters does this constantly if you say anything about the precious Dak.

Why stop there? Go ahead and tell everyone that Dak is even greater than Aikman, as smart as Tom Brady, better than any QB that has ever played the game, and then go wonder why people dog on Dak when you make fun of one of our own to prop up your lover boy. I've told you that you do this all the time...Romo lives in your head, Dak lives in your...nevermind.

Hey, everyone, Romo sucks and so do all NFL QB's except Dak. He be the bestest QB in all of the land! Pathetic to use someone else to prop Dak up, but I understand, because Dak can't do it himself.
Grow up. Oops, too late, you never did. I don't hear you complaining against those who hate on Dak, because you're a Dak hater yourself. Go find another team. Dak is not going anywhere for a long time. I'm glad it eats you up that Dak is the Cowboys QB. Entertaining.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lol. Another Romosexual crybaby.
Personal attacks on the internet. Impressive. You know, after about 20 years or so of listening to your irrational stupidity, I think I'm good. The peak of your debating skills is showcased by your personal attacks (Romosexual and Dak Hater...brilliant) because you're just not smart enough to do any better. You've never once brought anything remotely intelligent to the conversation here, or the old boards for that matter, and if I had to guess, have never really contributed much of anything useful in the real world either. Anyways, this is me, finally clicking the ignore button and shutting you down after all these years. I'm sure you'll have something super witty to add but I won't get to enjoy it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Personal attacks on the internet. Impressive. You know, after about 20 years or so of listening to your irrational stupidity, I think I'm good. The peak of your debating skills is showcased by your personal attacks (Romosexual and Dak Hater...brilliant) because you're just not smart enough to do any better. You've never once brought anything remotely intelligent to the conversation here, or the old boards for that matter, and if I had to guess, have never really contributed much of anything useful in the real world either. Anyways, this is me, finally clicking the ignore button and shutting you down after all these years. I'm sure you'll have something super witty to add but I won't get to enjoy it.
You were wrong all of those years back in the old boards just as you are now.