This one's on Dak

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
LOL, way to ignore piss poor DL and DT play
Way to ignore that they ran all over us

I know that you have been preaching run game and DTs being unimportant but it’s in your face today

The whole team was trash besides Micah Parsons I’m not ignoring anything.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Everyone here will agree Dak had an awful game, but so did almost every player on this team.

Sans perhaps Parsons and Osa?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Because when you demand maxing out your contract you’re held to a higher bar. So far he’s exceeded that bar .. until today.
It's just 1 game. But being nearly shutout has to be put on the QB who is paid to not let that happen.

Is it all on Dak? The defense wasn't great, but they held up as well as any defense whose offense can't sustain a drive. The other guys didn't help, but Dak singlehandedly killed some drives on his own.

Again, this is just a game. And the OP says it's on Dak. Others may agree or disagree, but this isn't an off-the-wall take.

I would get it if it were a trend or this was a 1st round playoff game. But a single game is enough to look in someone's wallet as add-on reasoning for being the culprit when you're 6-1 coming in and have a stranglehold of the division? Yeah, sorry that speaks to something more. Not saying Dak doesn't deserve blame at all because he did lay an egg out there. But calling his money into question as if he has to have perfect games every game out is a little extreme. People must be calling for Mahommes to get benched in KC.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That is exactly what he meant. But thank you for being an advocate of their righteous indignation.
Not meant in the context some of the more sensitive are taking it who aren’t willing to lay any responsibility at his feet not scoring for 3 Qtrs.

Haimerej

Reaction score
I would get it if it were a trend or this was a 1st round playoff game. But a single game is enough to look in someone's wallet as add-on reasoning for being the culprit when you're 6-1 coming in and have a stranglehold of the division? Yeah, sorry that speaks to something more. Not saying Dak doesn't deserve blame at all because he did lay an egg out there. But calling his money into question as if he has to have perfect games every game out is a little extreme. People must be calling for Mahommes to get benched.

I think you're making it to be more than what it is. Does he or does he not hold any responsibility for this game? Is that responsibility relative to his salary? If not, why?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I would get it if it were a trend or this was a 1st round playoff game. But a single game is enough to look in someone's wallet as add-on reasoning for being the culprit when you're 6-1 coming in and have a stranglehold of the division? Yeah, sorry that speaks to something more. Not saying Dak doesn't deserve blame at all because he did lay an egg out there. But calling his money into question as if he has to have perfect games every game out is a little extreme. People must be calling for Mahommes to get benched in KC.
It doesn’t have to be a trend to call it out for one game. It’s called critical thinking.

It doesn’t mean he’s not having a great season meeting expectations and doesn’t mean he won’t continue. But on this day , he didn’t. Can you handle that ?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I think you're making it to be more than what it is. Does he or does he not hold any responsibility for this game? Is that responsibility relative to his salary? If not, why?
No more and no less than everyone not named Micah Parsons.

Hadenough

Reaction score
It was a letdown after that big night game against Minn. Team had to get amped up to win that game with Rush. Felt like they would manhandle the Broncs with Dak back if they could beat Minn on the road. They got punched in the mouth by a team with something to prove after a week of listening to how badly they'd get beat. Classic letdown game. 9.5 point favorites? My god...
Exactly!!

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
So, no one wants to admit this wasn’t Daks best game this year?

Nah, it was all the drops, the left tackle, poor play calling, Diggs gambling style of play, missed tackles, and of course the time change. Dak is a Leo, the lion sleeps late due to hunting all night, technically this game was at 11am. Too freaking early.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No more and no less than everyone not named Micah Parsons.
But not everyone is maxing out their contracts was the point Kskboys was making.

If he’s going to receive MVP mention for our success then he should bare similar responsibility for lack of it.

It’s been awesome up until today. Seems fair to me. Doesn’t mean there aren’t the same contributing factors in failure as there is success.

Maybe some fans just can’t handle the criticism. Afterall, it’s not set in stone. Just this OP’s take.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

He does have responsibility for this game. He wasn't good out there today. But high salary doesn't mean you are never not good out there. Again, if there was a trend of this, I'd not make a fuss. Zeke's criticism was warranted because he put a trend out there that was not up to snuff. Falling from 6-1 to 6-2 is hardly time to go looking in someone's wallet as a questionable contract. It's like a RB that gains 125 yards per game for 6 games and then only gains 54 in the 7th game with rumblings of "he's paid to get 100 yards a game." Every game? Then throw in that the RB had a thigh injury he was dealing with too. Yeah, that's not how averages work. This case is every bit as silly.