This one's on Dak

robertfchew

Reaction score
Lol!!!! Dak dropped those three first down passes and missed all those tackles!! He didn't play well, but get the hell outta here with that crap

He threw that trash pass to lamb who had his man beat for a td

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Nah, it was all the drops, the left tackle, poor play calling, Diggs gambling style of play, missed tackles, and of course the time change. Dak is a Leo, the lion sleeps late due to hunting all night, technically this game was at 11am. Too freaking early.
So, you thought despite all of the other factors , Dak produced and looked as sharp as he has all season?

Regardless, the bottomline is as the OP stated is he’s paid to move this offense . And putting Zero points in 3 qtrs isn’t meeting his potential.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's dumb. Dak wasn't the one dropping passes that would have been converted to 1st downs and kept drives alive. Dak is not the ones who sucked at blocking well both in the run and pass. Dak is not the one who failed to make tackles or stop Denver's offense both against the run and pass.

Was Dak part of the problem? Yes, but the whole team and coaching staff contributed to this embarrassing performance of a loss.
You don't have to like it, but somewhere along the line QBs started getting credited with wins and losses. It's stupid but it is what it is. He was bad today in a vacuum. Yes, the rest of the team didn't play well, but he was a big part of that. I blame the defense less than any other facet of this team. They were out there for probably close to 90% of the game because our offense couldn't sustain a drive. That falls on Dak as the guy who touches the ball every snap. Like I said, he had a bad game, it happens. I'm sure he will bounce back and play great next week like he has been all season.

I don't recall you defending our last qb when the line and receivers or defense didn't play well. Weird.

CWR

Reaction score
No matter the arguments, 0 pts thru 3 quarters. Dak, if you want 40 million/year, then that is absolutely not acceptable. Stop w/ the excuses.

Dak was hot garbage today. He's a great QB, but he played like crap today and I won't defend that.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
It doesn’t have to be a trend to call it out for one game. It’s called critical thinking.

It doesn’t mean he’s not having a great season meeting expectations and doesn’t mean he won’t continue. But on this day , he didn’t. Can you handle that ?

No one's saying Dak didn't stink. My issue is someone's making it about what he's paid as if he should be perfect every single game when there's no trend to warrant any "not worth his contract" talk. Unless you expect perfection of a highly paid player (and just say it if that's the case) it's clearly chomping at the bit because you were pissed he got paid.

Haimerej

Reaction score
But high salary doesn't mean you are never not good out there.

This isn't what's being said. What's being said is his responsibility is greater because of how much of the team's capital is tied into him. Win or loss, his responsibility is relative to his percentage of the team's resources.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No excuses, he stunk today.
I like dak, but I bet he would say this was not his best game.
Bingo. That’s fair and all some are saying.
He does have responsibility for this game. He wasn't good out there today. But high salary doesn't mean you are never not good out there. Again, if there was a trend of this, I'd not make a fuss. Zeke's criticism was warranted because he put a trend out there that was not up to snuff. Falling from 6-1 to 6-2 is hardly time to go looking in someone's wallet as a questionable contract. It's like a RB that gains 125 yards per game for 6 games and then only gains 54 in the 7th game with rumblings of "he's paid to get 100 yards a game." Every game? Then throw in that the RB had a thigh injury he was dealing with too. Yeah, that's not how averages work. This case is every bit as silly.
The Op didn’t say he was never good out there. He said not scoring points for 3 Qtrs isn’t what he is being paid for.

This is the only game this year in which this can be said. 6 great games. I clunker.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
But not everyone is maxing out their contracts was the point Kskboys was making.

If he’s going to receive MVP mention for our success then he should bare similar responsibility for lack of it.

It’s been awesome up until today. Seems fair to me. Doesn’t mean there aren’t the same contributing factors in failure as there is success.

Maybe some fans just can’t handle the criticism. Afterall, it’s not set in stone. Just this OP’s take.
Save your condescending BS. The criticism isn't mine to handle. It's a team sport and there's nothing more any QB could do with the entire team sucking a fat one. Salary is irrelevant, but for some reason some fans think they're the authority. My statement stands, everyone but Parsons was awful. Period.
Next we'll go after Lawrence and Smith for their insane contracts but can't stay on the field. Or, Elliott and martin didn't live up to theirs.
To single out only Prescott is an emotional response and it's silly.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Bingo. That’s fair and all some are saying.

The Op didn’t say he was never good out there. He said not scoring points for 3 Qtrs isn’t what he is being paid for.

This is the only game this year in which this can be said. 6 great games. I clunker.
Good leaders take responsibility
Bet Dak is not throwing anymore else under the bus.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Save your condescending BS. The criticism isn't mine to handle. It's a team sport and there's nothing more any QB could do with the entire team sucking a fat one. Salary is irrelevant, but for some reason some fans think they're the authority. My statement stands, everyone but Parsons was awful. Period.
Next we'll go after Lawrence and Smith for their insane contracts but can't stay on the field. Or, Elliott and martin didn't live up to theirs.
To single out only Prescott is an emotional response and it's silly.
Of course there is plenty of blame to go around. But this thread was only about one. Obviously everyone isn’t able to handle the subject which was holding our QB accountable for not putting up any points for 3 Qtrs.

And what authority. Just because we are intent on our message you think it has to be for everyone. This is where you get off railed. Like I said, taking it too literally. This is our take. Not set in stone .

Last edited:

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The team sucked today. Dak sucked today. Both things can be true. Get over it.

starfan1

Reaction score
Me ranking our problems today.

1. McCarthy crushed us with decisions early.

2. Dak not be accurate at all with the football.

3. Putting Steele at Left Tackle turned out awful. That should’ve been La’el.

4. Drops.

5. Diggs awful in coverage. (Is he healthy?)
Can’t argue much with that

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Everyone except for Parsons took a day off.
We weren't going 16-1 on the season.
Off days happen. Look at the Bills.