This really bugs me about our front office

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
and he pouted in his office his last off season and finally quit on the organization late in the off season leaving us to hire coach cupcake
not saying he wasn't a good coach I liked him here especialy his pressers.I resented the way he quit on us.

Coach Cupcake won a heckuva lot more games than Coach Fake Tough.

Myboys

Reaction score
Pick # 217 that was used on Rico Gathers who never had any chance at making the roster could have been used on a player that could have been useful here.

The Giants for the second year in a row have found a quality defensive end in the rookie free agent pool. Last year it was Kerry Wynn this year its Romeo Okwara.

With the 6th round pick #217 Dallas took Gathers while Okwara just sat there. Now no one drafted him so something about him was a turn off, but if you are defensive needy team which is putting it mildly concerning this team How do you not gamble on the end instead of guy who has never played football.

I simply do not understand this logic. Okwara had a great camp in NY and made the team. I do not know if he will dress on gameday this week but I bet he does since they plan to use JPP and Owa Ziggy as interior pass rushers in the nickel and other sets.

This just really bugs me and I would love to know who made that call, I asked broaddus and he said Dallas had Okwara on the board and chose gathers.

That is nuts. It reminds me of 2006 when the saints had success with marques colston and Parcells was mad and told the media during a PC that he had specifically sent scouts to hofstra and they didn't recognize Colston as a draft able talent.

Instead of having a guy like Okwara rushing as a reserve this sunday we will have kyle wilber and we will have to block okwara.

I simply do not understand decisions like this. Its completely void of reason. Drafting gathers when players who could still help were available is a problem, I am convinced since Garrett has taken over he has surrounded himself with people who can not recognize defensive talent. Something needs to change in regards to drafting defensive players.
come on an, really?

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Defensive pro bowls drafted

'03-'06 (Parcells): 16 (4 players)
'07-'10 (Phillips): 3 (3 players)
'11-'15 (Garrett): 0

Meanwhile have assembled far and away the best OL in football, a top 5 WR, what appears to be a very good RB, and by all indications will be our future QB on offense, all through the draft.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Parcells had to be overruled when picking good ol 94
No he didn't. He hated Merriman he thought he was a jerk. He thought Merriman would be better initially but ware would end up the better player.
Plus since when does parcells get overruled by anyone lol.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Haha and who had to cut ware to make room for like the miles Austin cap penalty or some other dumb contract? Jerry....that was who.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Meanwhile have assembled far and away the best OL in football, a top 5 WR, what appears to be a very good RB, and by all indications will be our future QB on offense, all through the draft.

There's a lot of good players in the nfl......

We haven't won anything of significance so

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Red's book is yet to be finished.

6 seasons and counting with .500 career average. Much more than half way in, Garrett's book has been a poor read thus far. And Wade was barely allowed to finish a chapter in comparison. May have been a short read but it was exciting and anticlimactic all at once.

Zordon

Reaction score
I learned a long time ago this franchise (at its core) does not value defense. It's an offensive minded franchise top to bottom.

waving monkey

Reaction score
6 seasons and counting with .500 career average. Much more than half way in, Garrett's book has been a poor read thus far. And Wade was barely allowed to finish a chapter in comparison. May have been a short read but it was exciting and anticlimactic all at once.
Red has certainly taken his time I'll give you that. I'll take him over Wade as a head coach. We differ. I've been here long enough to know
your mind is made up and i wont change it. I think the club is headed in the right direction you dont O.K.

Reactions: BAT

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You need to wait to see what happens in 2 or 3 years.

If you're going to lament draft picks, then do it with players drafted in 2014 because they've had time to fail or succeed.

FYI, the success rate of 5th round picks is 3.8%. It is likely even lower for 6th round picks. I like drafting players with high upsides over players that might be more ready but are very limited. I much prefer Rico Gathers over Caleb McSurdy.

Ok so lets lament about the players drafted in 2014. LOL

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I learned a long time ago this franchise (at its core) does not value defense. It's an offensive minded franchise top to bottom.

Not true imo. Under Parcells and Wade we spent a majority of resources on the defense, mainly because they are defensive minded coaches. First round picks in 2003, two in 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 (also spent one on Felix Jones). Even under Garrett, look at what we gave up for Claiborne and what we paid Carr. It's not that we don't care about defense, we either don't know how to evaluate defensive talent very well or are just inept at how to build a defense.

Reactions: BAT

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Pick # 217 that was used on Rico Gathers who never had any chance at making the roster could have been used on a player that could have been useful here.

The Giants for the second year in a row have found a quality defensive end in the rookie free agent pool. Last year it was Kerry Wynn this year its Romeo Okwara.

With the 6th round pick #217 Dallas took Gathers while Okwara just sat there. Now no one drafted him so something about him was a turn off, but if you are defensive needy team which is putting it mildly concerning this team How do you not gamble on the end instead of guy who has never played football.

I simply do not understand this logic. Okwara had a great camp in NY and made the team. I do not know if he will dress on gameday this week but I bet he does since they plan to use JPP and Owa Ziggy as interior pass rushers in the nickel and other sets.

This just really bugs me and I would love to know who made that call, I asked broaddus and he said Dallas had Okwara on the board and chose gathers.

That is nuts. It reminds me of 2006 when the saints had success with marques colston and Parcells was mad and told the media during a PC that he had specifically sent scouts to hofstra and they didn't recognize Colston as a draft able talent.

Instead of having a guy like Okwara rushing as a reserve this sunday we will have kyle wilber and we will have to block okwara.

I simply do not understand decisions like this. Its completely void of reason. Drafting gathers when players who could still help were available is a problem, I am convinced since Garrett has taken over he has surrounded himself with people who can not recognize defensive talent. Something needs to change in regards to drafting defensive players.

I'm with you but it's hard to complain about late round picks when we potentially found a franchise QB in the 4th round this year.

I'm more upset about them taking Jaylon Smith where they did.

Also, give Rico some time. We do need a TE that can get down the field. It could pay off a year from now.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Red has certainly taken his time I'll give you that. I'll take him over Wade as a head coach. We differ. I've been here long enough to know
your mind is made up and i wont change it. I think the club is headed in the right direction you dont O.K.

Fair enough. But I supported Garrett initially as well. But even after all this time I still see him making the same rookie HC mistakes like clock mismanagement, poor game planning, horrible in game adjustments, mediocre back up depth/development and worst of all the inability to get the most out of his D talent, especially the troubled players. He needs a move in ready luxury penthouse to just even the field, has very little clue how to build a palace from the ground up.

Garrett inherited a division winning team from Wade with a pro bowl and franchise record breaking QB in Romo. Since then, the offense has first rounders/pro bowlers at every offensive position group and a future HOFer at TE. And every year he pours in more resources on that side of the ball. The defense has been abysmal since Wade left. And they continue to draft/acquire hit or miss players year after year. These players have off field or injury issues, sometimes both. After 6 seasons of futility, Garrett as HC, needs to be accountable for the putrid product and performance of defense just like many want to give him the credit for the success of the offense and his lone winning season.

Like Wade or not, his teams were much more balanced on both sides of ball and he had a very clear idea of what he needed to do to win. Run the ball (I remember when he advocated for Turner the Burner over signing MB3), protect the ball and hit the QB hard and often. But he could not manage the owner or even his own offensive coordinator, which was his downfall. For all the talk about the team giving up on Wade, I never heard Wade having issues with his players or coaches. Certainly never heard of a star player trying to create a division in locker room because of said coach's play calling. Believe it or not, this is when all the talk about Garrett preferring RKGs started creeping up.

dallasdave

Reaction score
No worries our defense is ready to roll

wclMAT.gif
:lmao::laugh::lmao2:

waving monkey

Reaction score
Fair enough. But I supported Garrett initially as well. But even after all this time I still see him making the same rookie HC mistakes like clock mismanagement, poor game planning, horrible in game adjustments, mediocre back up depth/development and worst of all the inability to get the most out of his D talent, especially the troubled players. He needs a move in ready luxury penthouse to just even the field, has very little clue how to build a palace from the ground up.

Garrett inherited a division winning team from Wade with a pro bowl and franchise record breaking QB in Romo. Since then, the offense has first rounders/pro bowlers at every offensive position group and a future HOFer at TE. And every year he pours in more resources on that side of the ball. The defense has been abysmal since Wade left. And they continue to draft/acquire hit or miss players year after year. These players have off field or injury issues, sometimes both. After 6 seasons of futility, Garrett as HC, needs to be accountable for the putrid product and performance of defense just like many want to give him the credit for the success of the offense and his lone winning season.

Like Wade or not, his teams were much more balanced on both sides of ball and he had a very clear idea of what he needed to do to win. Run the ball (I remember when he advocated for Turner the Burner over signing MB3), protect the ball and hit the QB hard and often. But he could not manage the owner or even his own offensive coordinator, which was his downfall. For all the talk about the team giving up on Wade, I never heard Wade having issues with his players or coaches. Certainly never heard of a star player trying to create a division in locker room because of said coach's play calling. Believe it or not, this is when all the talk about Garrett preferring RKGs started creeping up.

Like I said we disagree.Enjoy the season this is going to be a fun ride.