This really bugs me about our front office

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is true and I was ready to unload my liver about it however, they made 4 picks in the 6th round. 3 of those 4 are still on the roster and I would say all have a shot to be productive pros.

Now that could quickly change for the worse but as of now they are sitting at 75% in that round. Can't complain about it.

bodi

Reaction score
Our secondary and linebackers are a mess

IMO Marinelli needs to speak up

and draft some D players and quit drafting injured LB ers I don't care about how good they could be or might never be

and surely there has been a D line man that Marinelli has wanted

Last edited:

Dodger12

Reaction score
This is true and I was ready to unload my liver about it however, they made 4 picks in the 6th round. 3 of those 4 are still on the roster and I would say all have a shot to be productive pros.

Now that could quickly change for the worse but as of now they are sitting at 75% in that round. Can't complain about it.

So you say something positive (which will be forgotten any minute now, BTW) and there's not a "like" to be had. I hope you learned your lesson.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
IMO Marinelli needs to speak up

and draft some D players and quit drafting injured LB ers I don't care about how good they could be or might never be

and surely there has been a D line man that Marinelli has wanted

Yea, he wanted Kevin Dodd or Emmanuel Ogbah at #34, problem is they went #32 and #33

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

maybe your at the point where you no longer care about "likes", but when you are positive, no one "likes" your posts. it confuses the masses and they start thinking your account was hacked.

visionary

Reaction score
Defensive pro bowls drafted

'03-'06 (Parcells): 16 (4 players)
'07-'10 (Phillips): 3 (3 players)
'11-'15 (Garrett): 0

It takes time to build a team
Garrett is still building
It took him 6 years to 'build the offense (with mostly players drafted by Parcells)'
He was about to get started on defense in 2017

Don't blame jerry or Garrett

visionary

Reaction score
I agree, just watched Garretts presser - I sat there afterwards and had this thought.
Are they keeping all these RBs. FBs and extra Safeties - to try and build up STs ?
Sure seems like it. Like they are deciding - we have astrong offence, weak defence, lets bolster the STs unit - maybe that will help.
I think this defence line is in big trouble, and they do nothing ....

You can find one excuse after another for the stupidity this FO and chachubv staff continued to demonstrate year after year but eventually even you will be left with the realization that they are just incompetent

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
You can do this with literally every late round draft pick that doesn't make it.

That's why you didn't choose to make your comparison with Anthony Brown who looks like a really good player in the 6th round.
Yes, but you never hear of a guy getting drafted in the modern NFL with 0 experience playing football since middle school. Gathers has 0 chance of succeeding here.

black label

Reaction score
No worries our defense is ready to roll

wclMAT.gif

RS12

Reaction score
This team has enough problems in round 2. I cant get worked up about round 6.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
I did like how they used 3 of those 4 6th rounders.

I get more upset when they blow the 2nd round picks. Like Escobar and others. Those picks should be long term starters and the hit rate should be very high. And value wise, you can get 20+ 6th rounders for just one 2nd rounder. Painful to mess it up.
This. More than anything, this.

conner01

Reaction score
Parcells had to be overruled when picking good ol 94
It's also easier when you are taking defensive players early instead of pro bowl Offensive players early
Getting lucky on late rnd picks is just that, luck

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
How we've handled the DE position this past offseason sickens me. I also have a big issue with drafting Tapper over Blair. Blair was rated a good amount higher IIRC. Both were DEs with pass-rushing ability. Why ignore the board at that point? If they felt Blair was a strongside DE and Tapper was more of a weakside DE, that's fine and could be a deciding factor if both had near identical ratings. But that doesn't appear to have been the case. Blair had a mid third round grade and was rated almost 20 spots higher than brokeback Tapper. They felt desperate for a weakside DE and ignored a much higher rated player at the same position who would likely have helped this team more than Tapper will. If the massive Jaylon risk doesn't pay off, they bungled 2 of their top 4 picks IMO.

Fortunately, I think they really hit on their 1st and 5th picks.