This season is a failure if we don't get to the NFC Championship Game

Zordon

Reaction score
We are all on the same page, right?

The team that has won 16 straight home games now has two home playoff games to make it to the NFCCG. If they don't do it, this 2023 season is a failure, period. I believe Jerry, who has heavy contracts to dish out this offseason, views it the same way. Hence why he has not committed to backing McCarthy.

erod

Reaction score

The team that has won 16 straight home games now has two home playoff games to make it to the NFCCG. If they don't do it, this 2023 season is a failure, period. I believe Jerry, who has heavy contracts to dish out this offseason, views it the same way. Hence why he has not committed to backing McCarthy.

...and play well.

JBS

Reaction score
Watching the video and it’s not entirely

We were favorites in 07 when we lost to nyg

We were favorites at home vs SF two years ago when we lost

We were favorites when we lost at home vs gb in Daks rookie season

And yes. We’ve basically lost every single playoff game as an underdog.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
IMG-3131.gif

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
It’ll be a big disappointment and on paper the road to get there looks favorable but I worry many fans here are just overlooking things and have us penciled into the game. I think we win but Green Bay won’t be a lay up and then if we do win the lions game literally was down to the wire.

They have a lot of work to do. I’m optimistic but I need to see it. Losing this year before the championship game would feel different than other years though I do agree.

Mark

Reaction score

Getting a little ahead of ourselves aren't we? How about we beat Green Bay before making declarations on how history, fans & Jerry should judge this season?

And, when did Jerry stop "backing McCarthy?"

bratch59

Reaction score
I’m gonna play the opposite side. I already see the season as a huge success. I watch and love the Cowboys as much as anybody, But to me, it’s purely entertainment, along with hoping they win it all. I enjoy watching every week seeing them compete nearly every week, except for one or two games this year. if they do make it to the championship game or even better the Super Bowl, I will look at it as a big-time bonus.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Watching the video and it’s not entirely

We were favorites in 07 when we lost to nyg

We were favorites at home vs SF two years ago when we lost

We were favorites when we lost at home vs gb in Daks rookie season

And yes. We’ve basically lost every single playoff game as an underdog.
This post, while factual, is depressing

Gives me no hope this year will be any different

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
It’ll be a big disappointment and on paper the road to get there looks favorable but I worry many fans here are just overlooking things and have us penciled into the game. I think we win but Green Bay won’t be a lay up and then if we do win the lions game literally was down to the wire.

They have a lot of work to do. I’m optimistic but I need to see it. Losing this year before the championship game would feel different than other years though I do agree.
Best post of your life!!!

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
How it all happens matters.

Big difference between an overtime loss and a complete blowout.
Injuries would have to be considered too if firing MM is contemplated.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So now merely winning 2 playoff games in a row defines success for America's team?

What a high bar, lol
Yall can have this balls to the wall we deserve a Super Bowl and nothing else matters mentality if you like. Meanwhile the Cowboys have never reached the nfc championship game in my adult life, so I ain’t tryna hear all that. I will be over the moon if we are playing on championship weekend