This season is a failure if we don't get to the NFC Championship Game

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are all on the same page, right?

The team that has won 16 straight home games now has two home playoff games to make it to the NFCCG. If they don't do it, this 2023 season is a failure, period. I believe Jerry, who has heavy contracts to dish out this offseason, views it the same way. Hence why he has not committed to backing McCarthy.

Don't care what Mr. Sunglasses has to say but it's Super Bowl or BUST!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
So now merely winning 2 playoff games in a row defines success for America's team?

What a high bar, lol
I took it as winning 2 playoff games should be the floor for this year's team, not necessarily the ceiling.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Yall can have this balls to the wall we deserve a Super Bowl and nothing else matters mentality if you like. Meanwhile the Cowboys have never reached the nfc championship game in my adult life, so I ain’t tryna hear all that. I will be over the moon if we are playing on championship weekend
Same here.

Never experienced them ever getting past the divisional round so it would be a big deal for me

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The season is not a failure no matter what happens.
The postseason may be considered by some as a failure, but the reality is that we still are not good enough on the OL, DT, or LB.
We have a very poor running game, and we struggle to stop the run. That’s not a recipe for success in the playoffs.
Being 12-4 and having the #2 seed creates overly inflated opinions of the team, but running the ball and stopping the run are #1 and #2 in the basics of winning football games, especially when the games are hard fought and usually close in the playoffs.

This team will struggle to get that far unless the offense dominates every opponent. That’s a big ask.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I really question what my actions will be if we lose another postseason game to the Packers.

I had legit mental breakdowns postgame in 2014 and 2016. I have trauma.

kumizi

Reaction score
This season is a failure if we lose to any NFC team other than the 49ers.

CWR

Reaction score
Were going to the conference championship. /thread

starfan1

Reaction score
The season is not a failure no matter what happens.
The postseason may be considered by some as a failure, but the reality is that we still are not good enough on the OL, DT, or LB.
We have a very poor running game, and we struggle to stop the run. That’s not a recipe for success in the playoffs.
Being 12-4 and having the #2 seed creates overly inflated opinions of the team, but running the ball and stopping the run are #1 and #2 in the basics of winning football games, especially when the games are hard fought and usually close in the playoffs.

This team will struggle to get that far unless the offense dominates every opponent. That’s a big ask.
you are correct but ou better duck lol

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Indeed yes, and need to eventually put up a good fight in the Super Bowl. My worry is that if we fall short Jerry and Co. will not see this as a failure, and go into the off season not feeling the need to make the final push

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
I really question what my actions will be if we lose another postseason game to the Packers.

I had legit mental breakdowns postgame in 2014 and 2016. I have trauma.
i think i legit died inside when we faced them again in 2016 and lost especially after that rollercoaster of emotions in 2014.

Dont think ive really ever been excited for a game since then

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I took it as winning 2 playoff games should be the floor for this year's team, not necessarily the ceiling.
Did you watch this team all year? They can beat anyone and lose to anyone because they can’t run block or stop the run.

erod

Reaction score
That’s the hope. But just making it there at all after 30 years is a success
Depends on the path there. If we get Green Bay and Tampa, then it's really not that big of an accomplishment.

Gotta play the 49ers to the wall.

JayFord

Reaction score
Here's how I feel

We could lose the first game and I would be mad

We went 8-0 on the road in 2014 and lost on the freaking road against the pack

This team in the playoffs is very frustrating....16-0 at home no excuse for not making a NFC title game but this team is just sooooo blegh in the playoffs