This season is a failure if we don't get to the NFC Championship Game

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I’d consider moving on from Mike, if we don’t get the Chip.
Yeah, because after almost three decades and a half dozen head coaches we'll know the problem is the head coach. I'm sure the next one will fix it.

Some of y'all have Stockholm Syndrome. You just don't want to acknowledge it.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Yeah, because after almost three decades and a half dozen head coaches we'll know the problem is the head coach. I'm sure the next one will fix it.

Some of y'all have Stockholm Syndrome. You just don't want to acknowledge it.
Is getting rid of Jerry on the table? What a delusional take.

Redline360

Reaction score
Anything other then making it to the superbowl I rage fire everyone if I was JJ lol

Honestly may be the best chance we have

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In 1982, the Cowboys had played in 10 of the 13 NFC championship games.
In 1995, the Cowboys had played in 14 of the 26 NFC championship games.
In 2024, the Cowboys have played in 14 of the 53 NFC championship games.
In the last 25 years the Cowboys have played with themselves :huh:

Alweezy

Reaction score
It is setup too well this season for us to get to the NFCCG. It is absolutely a failure if we don't get there.
I don't think anyone would have a good taste in their mouth if we got all the way to the NFCCG but once again lost to the niners. I think if we have HFA in the NFCCG and lose (which would mean we were the remaining top seed) the expectation to get to the SB would be a tough one too.

I really do think it's SB or bust at this point. There aren't many scenarios left to improve upon what is already a favorable situation. It is simply time.

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
This team as it’s assembled now would be considered a failure not to win the Super Bowl. Because we will enter into a light rebuilding and restructuring era that could last 2 to 3 seasons or more after this year. With new contracts coming due with basically half of our star players, we’re gonna lose a lot of people after this season. Simply put we will not be able to pay them all. And these are key players as to how this team is constructed right now. Whether we want to accept it or not, this is our “all in the year“

Basically what I’m saying is this team will not be as good as it is now next season.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Just for education, it takes two attaboys to cover up for a single ah crap.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
If they get trounced in the championship game then the season is a failure. But if they get to the superbowl and get pummeled, I would be mad and still FEEL like it was a lost season, but logically I would know they made progress so it wasn't an utter failure of a season.

Flamma

Reaction score
If they get trounced in the championship game then the season is a failure. But if they get to the superbowl and get pummeled, I would be mad and still FEEL like it was a lost season, but logically I would know they made progress so it wasn't an utter failure of a season.
I guess. But is it really a failure if you don't get past a better team, or the favorite? I guess we could call it a failure just by not building a team good enough to get past the 49ers. They beat us the last two years.

If we get to the championship game against the 49ers, I won't expect we'll win. No one expected us to do it in 1992. That game opened at 49ers -6. Went off at 49ers -4.

Aven8

Reaction score
Time to go on another run. I think if they get by GB they do go to the title game. If that’s at SF then you throw everything you have at those dudes. They can be beat.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
We are all on the same page, right?

The team that has won 16 straight home games now has two home playoff games to make it to the NFCCG. If they don't do it, this 2023 season is a failure, period. I believe Jerry, who has heavy contracts to dish out this offseason, views it the same way. Hence why he has not committed to backing McCarthy.

Yes! I’ve said this since Sunday…schedule, teams in NFC etc all set up for making it. Have to do it!

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Depends on the path there. If we get Green Bay and Tampa, then it's really not that big of an accomplishment.

Gotta play the 49ers to the wall.
I don't care who we beat. It will be an accomplishment.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
We are all on the same page, right?

The team that has won 16 straight home games now has two home playoff games to make it to the NFCCG. If they don't do it, this 2023 season is a failure, period. I believe Jerry, who has heavy contracts to dish out this offseason, views it the same way. Hence why he has not committed to backing McCarthy.

Agreed. This bracket played out perfectly for the cowboys to get to that championship game. But if they win 2 games and get whooped by the 49ers again, I would still see it as a failure.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm already on record that when the Eagles lost to the Cardinals, not making the NFCCG was inexcusable.

And I haven't said that since 2007.

Mannix

Reaction score
Well yeah…

But MM doesn’t necessarily get fired.
Then this organization truly is more concerned about relevancy than it is getting "next level"....but we've know that for almost 30 years given the Head Coaching hires.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I want to go to Vegas early this year. I’ll be highly upset and disappointing if I don’t.