This season is a failure if we don't get to the NFC Championship Game

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
We are all on the same page, right?

The team that has won 16 straight home games now has two home playoff games to make it to the NFCCG. If they don't do it, this 2023 season is a failure, period. I believe Jerry, who has heavy contracts to dish out this offseason, views it the same way. Hence why he has not committed to backing McCarthy.

If not McCarthy, who?

bigE79

Reaction score

The team that has won 16 straight home games now has two home playoff games to make it to the NFCCG. If they don't do it, this 2023 season is a failure, period. I believe Jerry, who has heavy contracts to dish out this offseason, views it the same way. Hence why he has not committed to backing McCarthy.

SB or bust has to be the mindset,I know that's mine.

starfan1

Reaction score
i think i legit died inside when we faced them again in 2016 and lost especially after that rollercoaster of emotions in 2014.

Dont think ive really ever been excited for a game since then
2011 game against Detroit . The Bobby carpenter game. That was for me the game I quit putting expectations on this team and enjoying the ride

They use to get my blood boiling now enjoy it much more

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Depends on the path there. If we get Green Bay and Tampa, then it's really not that big of an accomplishment.

Gotta play the 49ers to the wall.
Idc if we played the school of the blind children & the school of wheelchair children. Championship game is a championship game

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Depends on the path there. If we get Green Bay and Tampa, then it's really not that big of an accomplishment.

Gotta play the 49ers to the wall.
Another loss at SF (3rd in a row) in the NFCCG tells the tale of our Cowboys.
Gut it Jerry as beating up on Dog teams is NOT the new bar no matter how some here consider it a success.

The Natural

Reaction score
Here's how I feel

We could lose the first game and I would be mad

We went 8-0 on the road in 2014 and lost on the freaking road against the pack

This team in the playoffs is very frustrating....16-0 at home no excuse for not making a NFC title game but this team is just sooooo blegh in the playoffs
@ Lambeau in January against Aaron Rodgers, it wasn't like GB was some poo butt team . There is no excuse this year.

b0xZZ

Reaction score
Honestly that’s a low bar considering the investment this team has made in these players and the closing window at some key positions. I don’t feel this is a success if they make it the the NFC championship and lose for the third time in as many years to the niners. There are some very weak teams in the playoffs this year and getting green bay and they either the eagles or bucs is a gift, it’s not a success to beat those teams and advance.

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
i think i legit died inside when we faced them again in 2016 and lost especially after that rollercoaster of emotions in 2014.

Dont think ive really ever been excited for a game since then
Same. I’ve been down on them ever since that 2016 game. I’m not sure I even want to watch the game Sunday. I can’t take another heartbreaking loss to the Packers and I have a bad feeling. I may go to the movies.

ArtClink

Reaction score

1000% agree!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This team hasn't won 2 playoff games since the 90s.

"Super Bowl or bust" is acting like it's 1996. It's 2024, and it's been that long since this team won 2 playoff games.

reddyuta

Reaction score
MM should be fired if we dont get to the NFCCG,we have 2 home playoff games and we are unbeaten at home for 2 years.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
SB or bust? Lol. Pathetic Dallas run defense can't stop SF and would get DESTROYED by Baltimore.