This Season Is Done

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I mean we were down 2 key pieces on offense and a key piece in Gregory on D.

Y’all just need to chill for a second. It’s a mid season slump.

Should have all plus Lawrence next game, no excuses for sure. Went from a 4 game lead down to 2.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Should have all plus Lawrence next game, no excuses for sure. Went from a 4 game lead down to 2.
In the Eagles are going to have their losing streak also. This is today’s NFL I’m not concerned yet We will have Lawrence back. Cooper back, lamb back, Gregory back,

DCwarrior

Reaction score
I don’t think the season is over but it’s going to a dog fight to the finish. Maybe we get some players healthy and get back to winning football… we shall see.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The shine has worn off this 6-1 start. We have all seen this story many times. Start hot and then fizzle out for many reasons. Be it extremely questionable officiating, injuries piling up, poor playcalling, questionable coaching, terrible play all over the field. At this point, the East is even up in the air. Dallas goes on the road for 3 straight and the Eagles have a cupcake finish to their season.

The excitement of this season has been washed down the drain. If this was a proven team who had players and coaches who could overcome adversity, I would be ok. For example, KC and Tampa. KC was 3-4 and looked dead in the water. But they have guys and coaches who know how to win when it matters. Tampa hit a little speedbump but the same as KC, they know how to overcome and win. We absolutely do not. Dallas is a front running team. They look great when it's peaches and cream and going great. Punch this team in the mouth and they fold up.

I really did buy in at 6-1. I thought this was going to be a different season. Something seemed different. We were winning games we usually lost. Defense finally forcing turnovers. We had that swagger and it was fun. And now, it's painful to watch. We know the end of this movie. I will keep watching because sports is just entertainment and I enjoy it but this team is going nowhere. One wild card win is their ceiling and a beatdown in the divisional round would come next if they even get that far.
The Cowboys are in trouble no doubt but the season is far from over. The team should be close 100% healthy within the next two weeks. The Cowboys just need to play to their strengths. Passing game and Pass Rush. Stop trying to run Zeke into a wall. We still have a chance because we play Arizona at home. It starts against the Saints. Their defense can be a problem.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The one thing this team is the best at is disappointment. I can't even count how many seasons I looked back on and said, "This is the most disappointing season ever" Well, they are on the verge of one-upping themselves again.

LittleD

Reaction score
The walk-around HC is clueless. The team is shell shocked and has given up the fight. Dak has reverted to his old self, high and outside or low in the dirt. This season is almost history as every team
knows how to stop them. The Jig is up.

Carson

Reaction score
We likely still make the playoffs as a wildcard team.
I still think we win the division. We are up 2 (likely moves to 1 after Sunday) with 7 to go.

Eagles have the Giants, Jets, WFT and Dallas. They would need to win out to get to 10 wins. We would have to only win 2 of the last 7. It’s a tall order but not impossible.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
As long as Jerry Jones keeps building flashy rosters with zero depth the franchise will continue to lose . There was serious hope at 6-1 but in reality it’s the same gutless trash roster we always get.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I don’t think the season is over but it’s going to a dog fight to the finish. Maybe we get some players healthy and get back to winning football… we shall see.

This season reminds me of 2006. 2006 was a weird year as Bledsoe was the starter, was pulled at halftime for Romo on MNF in a big game. Romo came in and lit the league on fire and we went on a big win streak. By early December, we were playing for the 1 seed against the Saints at home. A huge game. Saints were also at the top of the NFC. At this point, most thought the division was a foregone conclusion. Eagles were in the distant. But we lost that Saints game and went into a tailspin we never recovered from. Eagles ended up beating us (I think on christmas day) to wrap up the division. We still make the playoffs but lost to Seattle.

This is why I never ever would root for Tampa over the Eagles early in the year. People were trying to cash in on the East in the first month. Eagles schedule to end the year is very easy. We still have to play them. This is a different Eagles team than week 3 and we are a different team, too (worse).

To go from 6-1 and having hopes of that 1 seed and now needing a dogfight finish, yep that's the Cowboys way. I didn't buy into 2019 when we started 3-0 because the schedule was extremely weak and you could also see so many flaws, especially on defense. This year just felt different in many ways. But they fooled me. It was always the same Cowboys deep down, just took longer to be exposed.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
And part of this is the officiating. There is decades of data that tells you Dallas is penalized the most just year after year. Is it because we are wreckless? That is part of it. But how many just backbreaking holding calls when we have big plays are called and the replay is shown and even the announcers are like "huh, yeah nothing really there". It's beyond infuriating. Every single game. On that huge Pollard run yesterday? Give me a break. The Tyron hold that took the TD off the board? Nothing there at all. Parsons was held 90% of the game with no calls.

You can no longer say someone is a tin foil for talking about this. It's plain as day. The refs absolutely do not call the game the same way for Dallas. Not to mention, we get called in huge spots for rules that are far buried in the rulebook, they might have been called a few times ever (2018 Washington, 2016 GB playoff game). The refs are out there looking to flag Dallas on whatever they can on any play. They will wait to see the outcome sometimes before they do it. They will keep it in their pockets if the pass is completed but if it's not, here comes the flag to save the day. We aren't beating that. You really can't.

It's to the point where the excitement has been stripped completely. No longer can you get excited for any play. You have to wait for that yellow flag icon to appear to see.

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seriously? Goff? Giving up already with 6 conference games to go? Wouldn't want you on my team. Adversity happens. Obviously you can't handle it.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I predicted 9-8 before this season, so we're still ahead of schedule.

Unlike some folks, who seem to need validation from message board strangers, I'd love to see the Cowboys exceed my expectations.
That was my prediction also.
I'm always happy to be proven wrong if the Cowboys exceed my expectations also.