This Team is now the Raiders

T-RO

Reaction score
Until the day comes Jerry can't run the team (into the ground) anymore...this team will be a perennial bottom-feeder. With an embarrassing and increasingly senile GM.

There is no quarterback with Romo's inevitably permanent exit. The team is strapped with salary cap limitations. There isn't much talent at LB, secondary, tight end, d-line, rb... And the owner meddles and undermines the culture in every way imaginable.

This is the Raiders/Al Davis...Part Deux.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Until the day comes Jerry can't run the team (into the ground) anymore...this team will be a perennial bottom-feeder. With an embarrassing and increasingly senile GM.

There is no quarterback with Romo's inevitably permanent exit. The team is strapped with salary cap limitations. There isn't much talent at LB, secondary, tight end, d-line, rb... And the owner meddles and undermines the culture in every way imaginable.

Raiders are getting better They really aren't that bad any more.

mldardy

Reaction score

This team is not the Raiders. Give me a break. The Raiders haven't had a winning record since 2002. We aren't close to that. And people pointing the Raiders are good this year. They are 4-6 so they aren't good. I guess good by their standards.

T-RO

Reaction score
Are we really bad right now? Check
Is it likely we have good quarterback anytime soon? No. Check.
Do we have an extremely elderly and extremely problematic owner who inserts himself everywhere? Check.

The parallels are stark and obvious.

T-RO

Reaction score
This team is not the Raiders. Give me a break. The Raiders haven't had a winning record since 2002. We aren't close to that. And people pointing the Raiders are good this year. They are 4-6 so they aren't good. I guess good by their standards.

If Romo resigns or is a shadow of himself...This team won't have a winning record for a long time. I think the odds of that are higher than 50%.

mldardy

Reaction score
If Romo resigns or is a shadow of himself...This team won't have a winning record for a long time. I think the odds of that are higher than 50%.

You are making a lot of assumptions. This team could also be better with a new QB.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I know it looks bad, especially with Captain Clap and his crayon playbook, however we do have a couple of things going in our favor.

1. We play in an absolute crap division, we don't have to improve that much to be back in contention next year.
2. Our cap situation is actually pretty good, lots of dead money coming off the cap at the end of the year.
3. Romo is not going anywhere and if we can do a better job of protecting him, then he will be just fine. Clavicle fractures are pretty minor injuries, not like blowing out a knee or something.
4. We are going to have some pretty nice draft picks if Cassel plays like, well, Cassel.

Now the argument can be made that the people that are going to be singing free agents and deciding who to draft are the same people that got us into this mess in the first place, but that is a taboo subject around these parts now days so I best not say too much about that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So who were we last season at 13-5? You know...the reason why you guys got your hopes up and thought this was a championship team? The extremes are just insane. One minute we are contender.....the next we are Al Davis. Jerry may have a problem but he's paid good money for people to perform their jobs and they aren't. I won't fault Jerry for that. Jerry didn't go out there and throw 3 picks yesterday.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry's biggest downfall is that he is an enabler. He changes direction with the wind but it is never the direction that he needs to take to start with.

I will never fault Jones for not trying to win, it is the way he goes about it :(

He has a tendency to re-sign players and coaches too early as well.

Like I have said, I love JJ the owner but not as a GM.

yimyammer

Reaction score
At least you aren't the Browns.

that should be our new slogan, they could stitch it on the players uniforms

RKa74TW.jpg

Last edited:

yimyammer

Reaction score
Now the argument can be made that the people that are going to be singing free agents and deciding who to draft are the same people that got us into this mess in the first place, but that is a taboo subject around these parts now days so I best not say too much about that.

:laugh::lmao2::lmao:

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Over reaction Friday.

There is talent on this team including an elite QB so right away that puts you into the mix. I heard ESPN's doctor say today that the bone needs 6 months to completely calcify so Romo will be back completely healthy and another year removed from back surgery. He should be fine. He's not going to be 26 Tony Romo but an efficient 35 year old Tony Romo.

However, what his injury did do was expose a fatal flaw that will be fixed next year with a qualified back up.

From there - it's not that bad.

1. We're probably looking at a top five pick which we could parlay in multiple picks in early rounds which will give us a good infusion of youth.
2. There are not cap problems with restructures and cuts - we always get where we need to be.
3, Mo has found his way - Scandrick comes back and Jones takes Wilcox's spot - already a huge upgrade in the secondary.
4. We play in a weak division - which will quite possibly be worse next year.
5. Draft a stud RB, a speedy wide receiver - get some FA help on the D line and/or CB- address the back up QB position.

This year has sucked - it happens. There are no guarantees, that's why sports is the greatest drama on television. It's the highest of highs and lowest of lows but if the Cowboys were a stock going into next year I would buy them.

It's never as good as we might think and certainly never as bad as it might appear--

But while we are in the midst of despair - there's every reason to believe next year could be what this year wasn't.

T-RO

Reaction score
You are making a lot of assumptions. This team could also be better with a new QB.

It will take 2-3 years *minimum* to find and develop a top-15 quarterback...and w/out that we won't be relevant.

And consider who is at the helm and his ability to us a signal caller! We got Aikman because we were seeded 1st and he was an obvious choice. We almost screwed that up and ended up with Walsh as our qb.
We lucked into Romo...he was a last-minute unsigned post-draft afterthought. We had no idea that we really had anything with him for years.

Some of you may not remember all the quarterbacks we churned through before Tony. I remember it all too well.

Last edited:

Wood

Reaction score

didn't Jerry just win GM of Year less than year ago.

T-RO

Reaction score
Over reaction Friday.

There is talent on this team including an elite QB so right away that puts you into the mix. I heard ESPN's doctor say today that the bone needs 6 months to completely calcify so Romo will be back completely healthy and another year removed from back surgery. He should be fine. He's not going to be 26 Tony Romo but an efficient 35 year old Tony Romo.

1. He'll be 36 to start next season. If he doesn't retire. He's not getting younger.
2. He has a horrible back that makes him walk like an old man...an extremely problematic ailment that will only get worse.
3. Older players start to struggle with increased injury and slower healing times. Then they retire. Can we even count the number of surgeries and broken ribs and bones Tony has had in the past 3 years?

Statistically speaking even if he didn't have all these mounting injuries...guys that age most often enter a period of steep decline. Time to face facts here.

Last edited: