This Team is now the Raiders

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Rant Zone fodder

Rant or not, Jerry said some dumb stuff this year. Maybe not a concern when you're talking about the owner talking nonsense, but it's important your GM not believe Brandon Weeden is as gifted a passer as there is in the NFL.

T-RO

Reaction score
Our cap situation is actually pretty good, lots of dead money coming off the cap at the end of the year.

Huh? Romo's salary will be 20-24 million per season for the next 4 years. Dez just got a massive deal and he's acting like a juvenile. He can't get separation and appears to be more interested in jawing away at cornerbacks and his teammates than at contributing anything meaningful.

I do admit that we found something with Jones and Collins. Not sure about the rest of our draft.

mldardy

Reaction score
It will take 2-3 years *minimum* to find and develop a top-15 quarterback...and w/out that we won't be relevant.

And consider who is at the helm and his ability to us a signal caller! We got Aikman because we were seeded 1st and he was an obvious choice. We almost screwed that up and ended up with Walsh as our qb.
We lucked into Romo...he was a last-minute unsigned post-draft afterthought. We had no idea that we really had anything with him for years.

Some of you may not remember all the quarterbacks we churned through before Tony. I remember it all too well.

Not really. This is not the 80s and 90s. Rookie QBs come in and make an impact quickly if you draft the right one. It's not going to take 2-3 years minimum.

T-RO

Reaction score
Not really. This is not the 80s and 90s. Rookie QBs come in and make an impact quickly if you draft the right one. It's not going to take 2-3 years minimum.

Maybe 1 rookie quarterback comes in per year and makes an impact on a playoff team. And I say maybe with an asterisk. Kaepernik and R Wilson weren't really that great, but they were surrounded by an out-of-this-world supporting roster. The run threat did help both of them.

Of the top 20 quarterbacks in the league right now..by qb rating...only 3 of them are particularly new to the league. (in their first 3 seasons)

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
So who were we last season at 13-5? You know...the reason why you guys got your hopes up and thought this was a championship team? The extremes are just insane. One minute we are contender.....the next we are Al Davis. Jerry may have a problem but he's paid good money for people to perform their jobs and they aren't. I won't fault Jerry for that. Jerry didn't go out there and throw 3 picks yesterday.

The same as 2007. Every 7 years we have a great year. The rest are mediocre.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are we really bad right now? Check
Is it likely we have good quarterback anytime soon? No. Check.
Do we have an extremely elderly and extremely problematic owner who inserts himself everywhere? Check.

The parallels are stark and obvious.

Get a calendar. I recommend keeping it close to where you watch the games. Check the life expectancy of the average white male in this country and begin the countdown with daily Xing out of the days.

You'll feel better and you'll realize that even this year we've made progress. 365 days of it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So who were we last season at 13-5? You know...the reason why you guys got your hopes up and thought this was a championship team? The extremes are just insane. One minute we are contender.....the next we are Al Davis. Jerry may have a problem but he's paid good money for people to perform their jobs and they aren't. I won't fault Jerry for that. Jerry didn't go out there and throw 3 picks yesterday.

I'm not blaming Jerry. Instead I'll blame a series of spare parts who are here for a brief period over this two decades of losing.

Jerry pays good money. Which is enough for any GM to sit back and realize they've done their job.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
Yesterday as "Black Friday" took on a different meaning for me. I've never liked the term to begin the Christmas season....too somber. But as a term to describe the day after this year's Thanksgiving day game, yes. Perfect.

I didn't have any other thread to throw that thought into....this just seemed like as good a place as any.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Rant or not, Jerry said some dumb stuff this year. Maybe not a concern when you're talking about the owner talking nonsense, but it's important your GM not believe Brandon Weeden is as gifted a passer as there is in the NFL.

Jerry says dumb stuff every year! He can't help himself. He's not well spoken and it bites him in the butt all the time when he does interviews. He uh..huh...hmmm...well....

conner01

Reaction score

Fans amaze me with the extremes thinking
We had a good team last year and added good players and had we had romo on the field we would be talking about playoffs instead of draft picks right now
Injuries destroyed our season and there is nothing an owner or staff can do about that. Sure we could have had a better backup QB but who was really there who could have won 6 or 7 games for us since that's what we would have needed from them
The cards last year was a very good team if not the best team but couldn't overcome losing their QB and very few teams can in today's game where the passing game is so big a part of the game

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. He'll be 36 to start next season. If he doesn't retire. He's not getting younger.
2. He has a horrible back that makes him walk like an old man...an extremely problematic ailment that will only get worse.
3. Older players start to struggle with increased injury and slower healing times. Then they retire. Can we even count the number of surgeries and broken ribs and bones Tony has had in the past 3 years?

Statistically speaking even if he didn't have all these mounting injuries...guys that age most often enter a period of steep decline. Time to face facts here.

Anybody who been around a while has seen this happen time and time again in the NFL, guys have a great season and then in a year or 2 they are out of the league. If you look at Tony's game this year, he has been average at best. Guys who play into their late thirties are the anomaly not the norm. Tony's now has dropped from adequate to below average arm and his mobility has suffered greatly.

Last year was the perfect storm, new system with no keys to read, OL who preformed better than anybody imagined they would, defenses rushed 4 and had to respect a deep ball to Dez, great run blocking, much more quick hitting stuff from Murray.

defenses are coming after us and will not let up anytime soon. I put a large chunk on this team to win it all as I thought we had a solid back-up(according to the team) good all around health. Unfortunately the wheels have come off, everything from QB to coaching....go figure.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I see a wager coming on.
Especially if someone wants to bet that Dallas won't have a winning record for the next 10 years.
Pretty much name your number and I'll take it.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I see a wager coming on.
Especially if someone wants to bet that Dallas won't have a winning record for the next 10 years.
Pretty much name your number and I'll take it.

2 or 3 winning seasons over a 10 year period is still mediocre.