This Team is now the Raiders

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Until the day comes Jerry can't run the team (into the ground) anymore...this team will be a perennial bottom-feeder. With an embarrassing and increasingly senile GM.

There is no quarterback with Romo's inevitably permanent exit. The team is strapped with salary cap limitations. There isn't much talent at LB, secondary, tight end, d-line, rb... And the owner meddles and undermines the culture in every way imaginable.

This is the Raiders/Al Davis...Part Deux.

Bet you been saving that comparison all year, just waiting to post it?
But get some things right. This team is not strapped by the salary cap any more as in the past. I think they are $10 to $12 million under the cap right now, and the cap is projected to increase another $10 to $12 million, at least.
We do have a lot of FA's, that will need to be signed or replaced. And if Carr is cut, there may be more saved there.
Witten and Romo's contracts can be redone, but prefer not to do that. Maybe someone else responded to this thread that knows much more than myself. I haven't read through all the posts yet.
Past cap limitations hurt us though, as well as some stupid trades.

But just going by what I remember from before the season started.

Not trying to convince you that Jones doesn't meddle like most believe. Not to where he dictates everything. But he is too stubborn to agree to pick a future QB, and that needs to change immediately.

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
Jerry's biggest downfall is that he is an enabler. He changes direction with the wind but it is never the direction that he needs to take to start with.

I will never fault Jones for not trying to win, it is the way he goes about it :(

He has a tendency to re-sign players and coaches too early as well.

Like I have said, I love JJ the owner but not as a GM.

The problem with Jerry is that he is a follower. The reason we were do good in the 90's is because we set the trend with how the team was built. After Jimmy left we have spent years following the trend of every successful franchise. We won't be great again until we find an identity of our own and just push forward with that plan and that blueprint. Unfortunately, we will need a new franchise QB to build around it. Our drafts have been better, but until they perform on a consistent level, we will have these up and down years. Why the 90's teams were so great, was the consistency of the core players. Rarely did Novacek every jump off sides. Witten does that every other game. It is these little things that stop drives. The 90's team rarely shot itself in the foot. They just came into the game and played at a high level for 60 minutes. We rarely string 3 games together like that. Dez is a physical freak, Irvin wasn't so Irvin practiced all out and played all out. Dez gets lazy and you can see it at times on the film. This team needs leaders that play all out at a consistent level for 60 minutes each and every game.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Until the day comes Jerry can't run the team (into the ground) anymore...this team will be a perennial bottom-feeder. With an embarrassing and increasingly senile GM.

There is no quarterback with Romo's inevitably permanent exit. The team is strapped with salary cap limitations. There isn't much talent at LB, secondary, tight end, d-line, rb... And the owner meddles and undermines the culture in every way imaginable.

Raiders haven't won a title since the 80s. Valid point but wrong overall.
:)

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Strange how less than a year ago we should have been in the NFC title game and now (after losing Dez and Romo) we are suddenly a team that is a perennial bottom-feeder?

:facepalm:

Tommy

Reaction score

Oh good! Finally someone has started a thread where we can all come and cry and exaggerate how terrible everything is.

Junglist

Reaction score
Get a calendar. I recommend keeping it close to where you watch the games. Check the life expectancy of the average white male in this country and begin the countdown with daily Xing out of the days.

You'll feel better and you'll realize that even this year we've made progress. 365 days of it.

You win the internetz with this one. Lmao.

bark

Reaction score
Strange how less than a year ago we should have been in the NFC title game and now (after losing Dez and Romo) we are suddenly a team that is a perennial bottom-feeder?

:facepalm:

Big dog I can see you have been busy with the holidays so allow me to catch you up.
You see last yr. ( according to the zone logic) was an outlier. We have now reverted back to the norm.
Our drafts still suck and for the first time in modern athletic endeavors our qb's career has ended due to a broken collarbones. the coach is clapping too much also. And Jerry , ok I'll give you Jerry.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
While I agree 100% that he is "THE" problem and is the source of all issues in the team and organization .. He was 2014 NFL Executive of the Year. Even though I think he had nothing to do with 99% of the moves done ...

I feel the pain like every fan but I try to focus on MNF in washington .. the players themselves moved on .. so did I

:cool:

Everson24

Reaction score
I think right now (and without Tony Romo) we are closer to being the Cleveland Browns. Neither team seems to be able to buy a break.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
3. Romo is not going anywhere and if we can do a better job of protecting him, then he will be just fine. Clavicle fractures are pretty minor injuries, not like blowing out a knee or something.

You had me until this line. Romo is old, has no zip on his passes, is injury prone and can't be trusted to last a whole year. Romo gives the team FALSE hope and nothing more. He literally has to have 5-8 seconds to pass and an amazing running game that help carry him to be effective and then if he takes a bad hit he is done. I know you are a huge Romo fan but his time has come. We should cut Romo.[/quote]

DFWJC

Reaction score
Where's that emoticon that shows a baby crying? We need that one.

Or replace this one that we used after the Lions game last year...just have it say....

"AN AN NOW WE"RE GOING TO BE JUST LIKE THE RAIDERS"

10917363_10205580867903349_7126356900556603469_n.jpg

T-RO

Reaction score
I'm not blaming Jerry. Instead I'll blame a series of spare parts who are here for a brief period over this two decades of losing.

Jerry pays good money. Which is enough for any GM to sit back and realize they've done their job.

I hate to bring this up, but this all could have been AVOIDED.

I started a big thread here shortly before Romo was given that big, fat extension. It was preseason and I said the Cowboys should trade Romo, save the $110 million and be willing to tank that year to get a high draft pick.

My plan would have saved us years of coming irrelevance. We could have got perhaps two number one picks for Romo, plus pocketed a top-five draft pick for being so lousy in the following year. I also didn't like the Dez extension. My plans would have kept our powder dry and loaded up for some glory years. Instead we will pound sand this year...and the next 3-4.

Tony is my favorite Cowboy...but reality is what it is. The Romo contract is going to be a huge boat anchor on this team.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
We are not the Raiders. Not even in the same galaxy.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we go 4-12 this season, draft Paxton Lynch and still win the division next year...handily, with a healthy Romo in the lineup.

The Eagle are trash and Chip Kelly has left the cupboard bare. The Skins are trash and they are pinning their future on Kirk Cousins who is frighteningly mediocre. Coughlin will retire soon and they Giants are stuck with Eli for at least 4 more years.

This is why I'm glad we are a crap team without Romo right now. Let the other idiot fans from around the league yuck it up and have their big laughs now. The fact is that this is virtually the same team that went 12-4 in 2014 and got hosed in the Green Bay game (at Green Bay) and we have a far better D-Line than in 2014. Now we can suck, get much higher draft picks, secure our QB for the future post Romo and still be the most talented team in the division.

YR

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I started a big thread here shortly before Romo was given that big, fat extension. It was preseason and I said the Cowboys should trade Romo, save the $110 million and be willing to tank that year to get a high draft pick.
That plan isn't guaranteed to work because you don't know what QB you end up with.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Don't worry, once Jerruh gets his way Manziel will be running this clown show.

I wouldn't even wish that on the Cowboys.
I would rather he go to Atlanta or San Fran, maybe even become a backup for Brady.

lostar2009

Reaction score
This team is not the Raiders. Give me a break. The Raiders haven't had a winning record since 2002. We aren't close to that. And people pointing the Raiders are good this year. They are 4-6 so they aren't good. I guess good by their standards.

Better than us.