This Team is now the Raiders

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Until the day comes Jerry can't run the team (into the ground) anymore...this team will be a perennial bottom-feeder. With an embarrassing and increasingly senile GM.

There is no quarterback with Romo's inevitably permanent exit. The team is strapped with salary cap limitations. There isn't much talent at LB, secondary, tight end, d-line, rb... And the owner meddles and undermines the culture in every way imaginable.

This is the Raiders/Al Davis...Part Deux.

Dont insult the raiders like that. And they have a great young QB in Carr. And they have a great young WR that doesnt walk up and down screaming on the sidelines or at reporters while grabbing his crotch.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It will take 2-3 years *minimum* to find and develop a top-15 quarterback...and w/out that we won't be relevant.

And consider who is at the helm and his ability to us a signal caller! We got Aikman because we were seeded 1st and he was an obvious choice. We almost screwed that up and ended up with Walsh as our qb.
We lucked into Romo...he was a last-minute unsigned post-draft afterthought. We had no idea that we really had anything with him for years.

Some of you may not remember all the quarterbacks we churned through before Tony. I remember it all too well.

OMG.....can you imagine Clappy the Clown trying to develop a young QB? Its almost mind numbing.

"Listen son, just take what the defense give you. If that is a check down to our 4th best receiver, so be it"

"Son, its not about winning football games, its about not losing them". "whatever you do, don't lose the game for us"

(insert fanny pat here)

"Now go get em"!!!!

(insert clapping here)

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
I'm sorry guys but I think we are to the point to where Romo is going to miss a lot of games. When QB's get older they just can't take the hits..no player can. Romo is the glue that keeps this so called team going and he's coming undone AND he's getting old for an NFL QB.....

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I hate to bring this up, but this all could have been AVOIDED.

I started a big thread here shortly before Romo was given that big, fat extension. It was preseason and I said the Cowboys should trade Romo, save the $110 million and be willing to tank that year to get a high draft pick.

My plan would have saved us years of coming irrelevance. We could have got perhaps two number one picks for Romo, plus pocketed a top-five draft pick for being so lousy in the following year. I also didn't like the Dez extension. My plans would have kept our powder dry and loaded up for some glory years. Instead we will pound sand this year...and the next 3-4.

Tony is my favorite Cowboy...but reality is what it is. The Romo contract is going to be a huge boat anchor on this team.

Yup, I had a very similar idea. I don't remember all the details but I mentioned we could have traded Romo to a team like the 49ers in exchange for Alex Smith and their #1 draft pick and more. Alex Smith wasn't the answer but he could have held the fort down long enough for us to get another QB in a future draft and we could have saved a TON of money that could have been used to help build a better team. But no, we had to go spend a fortune on Romo because Jerry loves him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yup, I had a very similar idea. I don't remember all the details but I mentioned we could have traded Romo to a team like the 49ers in exchange for Alex Smith and their #1 draft pick and more. Alex Smith wasn't the answer but he could have held the fort down long enough for us to get another QB in a future draft and we could have saved a TON of money that could have been used to help build a better team. But no, we had to go spend a fortune on Romo because Jerry loves him.

Jerry would've been ran out of town for doing such a stupid move. Why on earth would you trade Romo for Alex Smith who in 2 years finally threw a touchdown to a receiver? And a late first rounder? That's bogus.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yikes. Alex Smith??????

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Jerry would've been ran out of town for doing such a stupid move. Why on earth would you trade Romo for Alex Smith who in 2 years finally threw a touchdown to a receiver? And a late first rounder? That's bogus.

What has Romo achieved for us? Smith would just be a temporary plug as we were bulding our team and then we could look for a replacement in the draft. Meanwhile we would get a first round draft pick and more and not have to pay a massive contract for a qb like Romo who was aging and had back problems.

ufcrules1

Reaction score

lol at Jerry being run out of town. He should have been ran out a long time ago. 20 years with no success. Why do you think we have had no success? Because of the culture he has built here with his stupid decisions. Giving an aging QB with back problems a massive contract was one of those stupid decisions.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I always chuckle when people compare Al Davis to Jerry Jones. Al was a long time scout and coach prior to becoming Owner and Managing Partner of the Raiders. Pretty much single handedly put the Raiders at the top of the NFL for 30 years. The last decade was rough, although I will say they managed a SB appearance in 2002 which is more than Jerry can show for the last 20 years.

There really is no comparison between Jerry and Davis. Davis had the background of being a football man his entire life.

As for the current state of the franchises, I would take my chances going forward with the likes of Derek Carr. One of the best deep passers I've seen in recent memory.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What has Romo achieved for us? Smith would just be a temporary plug as we were bulding our team and then we could look for a replacement in the draft. Meanwhile we would get a first round draft pick and more and not have to pay a massive contract for a qb like Romo who was aging and had back problems.

Romo has done about what 95% of the rest of the league has done. Fail to win a ring. Is that the standard for Romo? To get a ring or to put us on position to get one? He's done that since the minute he stepped on the field. He hasn't the luxury like other quarterbacks like Ben R or Eli have to where they can stink and still win a ring.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
lol at Jerry being run out of town. He should have been ran out a long time ago. 20 years with no success. Why do you think we have had no success? Because of the culture he has built here with his stupid decisions. Giving an aging QB with back problems a massive contract was one of those stupid decisions.

What culture had us with 13 wins last season? I didn't hear a peep from you talking about culture and if I'm not mistaken you had us in the playoffs this year no? I don't remember hearing you speak about culture his offseason.