This team reminds me of the 1975 team....

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
parcellswaterboy said:
The rookies that year were not playing as starters in key positions. Except for Golden Richards, who started a split end over Bobby Hayes who had retired and Doug Cosbie who emerged over the year as a TE, but he really didn't start until the next year.

The rest of the rookies as I remember were largely backups that spelled the vet starters at various times and most were gone from the team within a couple of years.

That was my recollection..we remember it the same, Juke.

parcellswaterboy

I think the biggest contribution of the rookies that year was that they instilled energy into an otherwise aging team...I think the collective energy of that group raised the excitement level for the entire team but you are correct, they weren't being relied upon as this group will be.

We'll see...hoping for the best...and if nothing else, at least this is OUR group of players as opposed to the rent a players we had last year...

doomsday_II

Reaction score
This year so reminds me of a cross between 1990 and 1991 seasons, only on defense. As like 1990( Emmitt) , this year we drafted the final pieces of the defense, hopefully. In 1991 great depth was added and eventual starters, like this year, in players like Lett, Harper, Maryland, E. Williams, D. Edwards, Miles, T. Hill,etc.

I know this is getting ahead of myself since a snap hasn't been played, but it sure feels good. :)

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
And a good morning to you Sarge.......have a good one.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Maybe a simularity in prediction but this lineup had pleanty of top talent and vets who had be together for a good while
STARTERS
WR Golden Richards
LT Ralph Neely
LG Burton Lawless(10)
Herbert Scott(4)
C John Fitzgerald
RG Blaine Nye
RT Rayfield Wright
TE Jean Fugett(9)
Billy Joe Dupree(5)
WR Drew Pearson
QB Roger Staubach
RB Preston Pearson(10)
Doug Dennison(3)
FB Robert Newhouse

LDE Ed Jones
LDT Jethro Pugh
RDT Larry Cole(8)
Bill Gregory(6)
RDE Harvey Martin
LLB Dave Edwards
MLB Lee Roy Jordan
RLB D. D. Lewis
LCB Mark Washington
RCB Mel Renfro
SS Charlie Waters
FS Cliff Harris

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
i will certainly be pleased if after this season is over we all still think these 2 teams have similarities