THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theres-no-such-thing-william-murdoch.gif

Nav22

Reaction score
Not really.

Just reminded me of the disastrous 2020 season, when Dak was trying to win with garbage around him (before the massive leg injury).

And Dak was bad himself for 3 quarters yesterday.

The CeeDee fumble was enormous. Run D continues to be a disgrace. Pass D allowed 12.1 Yds per attempt.

Total team loss that nobody should feel good about.

The offense needs to go hurry-up from the jump Thursday night and keep that energy moving forward this season. No more pretending we have a viable run game. That's the only way this season won't be a total disaster.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Not really.

Just reminded me of the disastrous 2020 season, when Dak was trying to win with garbage around him (before the massive leg injury).

And Dak was bad himself for 3 quarters yesterday.

The CeeDee fumble was enormous. Run D continues to be a disgrace. Pass D allowed 12.1 Yds per attempt.

Total team loss that nobody should feel good about.

The offense needs to go hurry-up from the jump Thursday night and keep that energy moving forward this season. No more pretending we have a viable run game. That's the only way this season won't be a total disaster.
The problem with this is we will be running hurry up while they other offenses is running the ball down the defense throat...this D is bad already and this scenario is gonna make them worse...i get the idea but it will not work either..MM better find better plays to sustain drives or this thing is gonna get historically ugly on run D.

Homer

Reaction score
If we had recently won the Super Bowl with this core, then yeah I’d try and look at all the positives in believing that this team can turn it around since they’ve done it before.

But we haven’t and this team has no room for moral victories.

It’s either a win or a loss, doesn’t matter how it happened. Blowout, 1 pt loss to chiefs on road, comeback loss, comeback loss with injured players, etc. no positive spins until this team shows that it can win in playoffs

Nav22

Reaction score
The problem with this is we will be running hurry up while they other offenses is running the ball down the defense throat...this D is bad already and this scenario is gonna make them worse...i get the idea but it will not work either..MM better find better plays to sustain drives or this thing is gonna get historically ugly on run D.
That's fair. My "plan" was essentially to build an early lead so the other team can't run as much, but that still requires getting early stops.

Still not a recipe for any kind of playoff success. It is what it is. You can't win in this league if you can't win in the trenches.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If we had recently won the Super Bowl with this core, then yeah I’d try and look at all the positives in believing that this team can turn it around since they’ve done it before.

But we haven’t and this team has no room for moral victories.

It’s either a win or a loss, doesn’t matter how it happened. Blowout, 1 pt loss to chiefs on road, comeback loss, comeback loss with injured players, etc. no positive spins until this team shows that it can win in playoffs
Playoffs! are we talking about playoffs!!!!!...

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
That's fair. My "plan" was essentially to build an early lead so the other team can't run as much, but that still requires getting early stops.

Still not a recipe for any kind of playoff success. It is what it is. You can't win in this league if you can't win in the trenches.
100%

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Before everyone throws stones, this loss showed our ability to comeback from an insurmountable lead and almost win the game. This game helped solidify the team and developed a personality that we can almost win bad games.
The team already had a personality.

It's what got them down 28-6, before the Ravens took their foot off the gas, and just went into "run out the clock" mode.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Before everyone throws stones, this loss showed our ability to comeback from an insurmountable lead and almost win the game. This game helped solidify the team and developed a personality that we can almost win bad games.
You’re just as senile as Jones is. This fan bases’ brains are rotting as are these players, the team’s culture, and locker room.

Pipelayer72

Reaction score
The Ravens controlled the clock yesterday having the ball for roughly 35 minutes. Proving that having a solid run game gives you the ability to dictate tempo and demoralize opponents.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Look this loss still hurts, too much to post and not get angry and get benched at people are giving up and saying there is nothing that we can do to turn the season around!!

and I say I watched this team start out 3-5 in 2018 and I realize they went out and got amari Cooper…

but I like the way they fought at the end of the game, and by the way please don't call that garbage time, they literally were one or two tackles away like asking the defense to make a stop you know around the under 3 minute mark to getting our wonderful kicker who can probably kick a 70 yard field goal in range to tie the game when you're that close this is not garbage time!!

So, anybody who says that was garbage time and the Ravens let up wasn't watching the game, they were not allowing us to score, they did not pull out their starters they did not call off the dogs so I'm going to say from what I saw at the end of that game and all the angry sideline rants and emotion coming out from our players theres hope to get this turned around!!

The fact is in 2018 we started three and five and turned the damn season around and ended up in the second round of the playoffs, I'm not giving up I'm not that kind of fan, yes the defense has caused us to have to rethink and redo everything because it's historically bad ,you can't continue to start games to where you give up 20,19, and 16 points to start the last three games, that's halftime point deficits!!!!

That puts too much pressure on the rest of the team and it's not fair they need to get that **** fixed but I saw a lot of fight at the end of that game and I know everyone's going to come in here and say it was garbage time, and I'm telling you I'm not playing that game,

I watched the game they fought back and they had it within three that is not garbage time the Ravens almost gave up and blew this game and choked that is not garbage time.

they found some emotion they found some fight and they fell short and yes I know it looked like the game was out of reach but in the NFL no game is out of reach...

So, again anybody who doesn't want to read this, I am not going to listen to this was garbage time and the game wasn't as close as the final score that is not true they found a way to get back in it if it wasn't for Trayvon Diggs or even our best player in Parsons biting once again and allowing that first down that pretty much ended the game they make one stop and I promise you they would have got into range to at least try to tie the football game so it wasn't not garbage time...

This is why it's too early to be given up on the team and I get it we're all angry we're all upset, we're still in shock from the loss or a lot of you're going to say you knew it was coming.. so it didn't matter.. I get it, I understand and I and I'm on board it doesn't look good but we started out the season 3 and five in 2018 that's much worse than right now.

I think the fight they showed at the end I think they they're angry there's emotions there's passion running through this team I think they're seeing reality and all the talk is going to turn into actively trying to make themselves better each individual player and the coaching staff have now had to force themselves so look in the mirror and they're going to try to get this righted and they have plenty of season left to do so..

No I'm not a Homer, no I'm not a positive person, at all I'm not having this bright outlook, no silver lining, with all this positivity this is just my gut I'm telling you they're gonna fight their way back into this thing and they're going to make a season of it regardless of what happens at the end I don't care this isn't over.

I'm not debating it because I'm too angry ,that I don't want to hear about all the boneheaded nonsense that everyone's going to say how they knew this was going to happen it was the offseason there's no help coming everything Bob said most of it was true except for the fact that he thinks we can't fix this and I'm saying that I think that we can and until we're mathematically eliminated we have no chance at a wild card I'm going to continue to hope my team does well and know we're not going to finish in a top five draft pick situation I don't see that happening...

Again I'm not getting into it this is just my statement this is my post-game statement because I was too upset to do it last night I feel like we're going to get this thing righted enough to at least find our way into something at the end of the year.....
Jerry loves fans like you.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I will wait and see how they do the next game. If we win, I will wait for the next game. No way with a win over the Giants will I believe everything is fixed. It will not be.

If we lose. Then I will wait longer. Still early in the season. However, I will not expect much.
Groundhog Day

CWR

Reaction score
I believe it is a positive we didn't just pack it in.

HOWEVER, if they didn't let their foot off the gas I'm not sure they wouldn't have ran us out of the stadium.