This was a Good Loss

Steve007

Reaction score
Before everyone throws stones, this loss showed our ability to comeback from an insurmountable lead and almost win the game. This game helped solidify the team and developed a personality that we can almost win bad games.
LOL!!!!!! Yay... we can almost win bad games!!!!!

visionary

Reaction score
Before everyone throws stones, this loss showed our ability to comeback from an insurmountable lead and almost win the game. This game helped solidify the team and developed a personality that we can almost win bad games.
Nope
This was a really really really bad loss

We are a bad team and this “coming close “ will only allow that fact to be conveniently ignored by the only important person: Jerry

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The problem with this is we will be running hurry up while they other offenses is running the ball down the defense throat...this D is bad already and this scenario is gonna make them worse...i get the idea but it will not work either..MM better find better plays to sustain drives or this thing is gonna get historically ugly on run D.
Whatever success we have had with running the hurry up has to be weighed against the fact that it was successful late in games down multiple scores against defenses giving you pretty much the entire middle of the field within 15-20 yards. Ie...prevent. Just because it works in that scenario for just about every team, doesn't mean you will have success early in games and like you alluded to, a 3 and out or even 6 and out will have your defense sucking wind by the end of the first quarter.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Again I'm not getting into it this is just my statement this is my post-game statement because I was too upset to do it last night I feel like we're going to get this thing righted enough to at least find our way into something at the end of the year.....
Alot of what you said is true. The part that is upsetting to me is the lack of urgency and only being able to focus and fight when others start backing off on you.

This reminds me of students who only really bear down and either write the paper or study the night before the deadline or exam date.

Blowing the first three quarters doesn't make your behaviour excusable. Football is a four quarters game. I would like to see this team show up for four quarters.

Right now I can't tell if this team is capable of competing becasue they don't play consistently through a game. We can hardle tell if there actually needs to be improvements to this roster because so the whole team is underperforming. This includes the coaches.

Thank goodness it is still early in the season, but I do believe this team deserves the wrath of the fans. At least this may give them the kick in the pants to get their crap together.

RonWashington

Reaction score

We must have witnessed a different game . The Ravens up 28-6 4th quarter were checked out . John Harbaugh reminds me of a stale veteran coach not able to step on the gas but run out the clock .

Good teams don’t fall behind 22 points 4th quarter . Play hard start to finish . And for goodness sakes the way the Saints & Ravens ran the ball was embarrassing.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Whatever success we have had with running the hurry up has to be weighed against the fact that it was successful late in games down multiple scores against defenses giving you pretty much the entire middle of the field within 15-20 yards. Ie...prevent. Just because it works in that scenario for just about every team, doesn't mean you will have success early in games and like you alluded to, a 3 and out or even 6 and out will have your defense sucking wind by the end of the first quarter.
im for the execution of this offense...its needs to be put down as early in the morning as possible...its horrible...but with this defense a hurry up offense is NOT the solution..lol

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This defense is sucking at the first drive but yeah they need protection in a big way, they cant stop most Texas HS teams run games....

GMO415

Reaction score
200w.gif

FVSTONE

Reaction score
YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! All it showed that one team let up with a 22 point lead in the 4th quarter. The Ravens probably went into a semi prevent defense and the Cowboys caught a couple of breaks. There is no way shape or form that anyone should get that all warm and fuzzy feeling that the Cowboys made this game close because they were actually beating on the Ravens in the 4th quarter. The Ravens tattooed this club with it's run game and the only thing that you should come away thinking about this game is The Cowboys are just a bad football team minus one player and that's Brandon Audrey.............

Mark

Reaction score
The debacles of the past couple of weeks are emblematic of a long-deteriorating team culture in Dallas.

Short-sighted ownership, having become even more so as a mountain of fruitless years relentlessly creeps upon an increasingly-desperate octogenarian leader.

A ball-club with two tiers of citizenship. The relatively-small inner player circle of favored, treasury-exhausting, multi-millionaire "stars", permitted to hold out while still under contract, sit-out training camps, etc., without consequence. Then, the "JAGS", unrealistically being relied upon to do the grunt work on both sides of the ball, while their upper-echelon teammates pout and make "business decisions."

The Star is a country club, alright...with different membership levels.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Alot of what you said is true. The part that is upsetting to me is the lack of urgency and only being able to focus and fight when others start backing off on you.

This reminds me of students who only really bear down and either write the paper or study the night before the deadline or exam date.

Blowing the first three quarters doesn't make your behaviour excusable. Football is a four quarters game. I would like to see this team show up for four quarters.

Right now I can't tell if this team is capable of competing becasue they don't play consistently through a game. We can hardle tell if there actually needs to be improvements to this roster because so the whole team is underperforming. This includes the coaches.

Thank goodness it is still early in the season, but I do believe this team deserves the wrath of the fans. At least this may give them the kick in the pants to get their crap together.
I can agree with most of that ,

but the thing you're forgetting is this is a 60 minute game and when you say it's a four quarter game, that means they have every minute of that game to figure it out to get it adjusted and sometimes it doesn't come on until late in the game and then you can call it garbage time all you want, that game was not garbage time, you can't be trying to convince me that that other team allowed us to get within three points with no resistance playing what some people call prevent defense...

That's not what I saw what I saw is a team that was trying to fight back as hard as they could and the other team couldn't find a way to do enough until the very end with the last first down to end the game but you have to play all 60 minutes on both sides of the football that's both teams I get starting faster would be better and CD lamb and a bunch of penalties kept us from doing so and that has to be corrected we have slow starts to games because we keep getting penalized early I mean hell on the kickoff boom not even one play penalty I mean that has to stop playing behind the chains and being moved backwards it's hard to play in this league...

And also, it's hard to play in this league when the other team's getting all the calls and then whenever you need one and there's blatant calls being ignored , that's also a problem.

But just to add to this why would a team like the Ravens play prevent defense and let A Team like the Cowboys get back in it we have a field goal kicker that could probably kick a 70 yard field goal and they're going To allow us to get within three because they're playing prevent and they're not scared of us??​
dude it was like 3 minutes left and we were only down three points that's not garbage time, people keep saying that we're padding stats ,and that's garbage time, we nearly made a comeback one more stop on defense by either diggs or not to allow that RPO for Lamar Jackson once again having our linebackers at a position you make one more stop and you never know that is not garbage time the game was still in question right up to the last first down they made to end it.​

But yes I'm in full agreement we need faster starts not because our offense sucks because our defense sucks we can't afford to even get down three points because the very next possession is going to be 7 and then if we come down and get 7 the very next possession is 7 it feels like our defense is going to give up 40 points every game that's what it feels like and that's a lot of pressure for a team to be under that you know you have to go into a game and score on every possession in order to win that needs to be remedied first.

But I agree this game would have probably been different had we not got 5 penalties on the 1st like 10 plays and we ended up having to punt because of it... That literally torpedoed the first drive but then guess what the very next drive our defense is nowhere to be found this is a big problem and it needs to be fixed you can't get up on a team and your defense can't make early stops..

But I watch a lot of games in the NFL the eagles are behind most of the game why is that not garbage time oh by the way they came back and won that's why nobody sees it that way but it's the same concept they didn't really start threatening until late in the game the last couple of drives and they end up pulling it out and winning it this is just part of how the league is set up it's parody close games but you really never out of it until the final second we've seen crazy things happen you know like that watermelon kick they kept showing from 2020 against Atlanta and Dan Quinn and we end up playing that game out it happens...

Last edited: