This was Jerry's best day with the Cowboys

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Cool. I prefer SB wins but that is just me.
360_F_489394725_Oox6jg48u2K0FSk4RlPCzqkU7Qvu2BSu.jpg

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Our GM … Bless his heart.

We don't know that. Stephen may be an idiot, but he might be smart enough to realize that he needs a real GM when his father is gone. We will find out.
They showed the owners box yesterday in the first half.

Jerruh was intently watching.

Fat Fredo had an entire finger in his mouth, trying to pick something out of the backside of his teeth. Pick pick, then withdraw finger to inspect what he extracted... then, not satisfied, back goes the finger. Not a polite quick little swipe, but face contorting, wide gaping mouth, and finger aallllll the way reaching back as far as it would go. Then inspecting what he dug out again. Right on national TV. As happy, simple minded, and oblivious as a monkey in a zoo...unaware that people are watching while he picks bugs off himself and eats them.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I mean I think it’s living in the moment. Yesterday was a lot of fun and watching history sealed it for me.
It was absolutely an electric atmosphere, even with my family more interested in the Thanksgiving celebration, while I was glued to the TV. A few of them would watch for a few minutes, even rooting for the Cowboys (a Steelers fan brother, Patriots fan brother, and Giants fans sister and her husband) but the TV was on for my sake. It was a thrilling game, and an awesome moment, when Bland got #5, which I was telling the family was going to happen soon...but ultimately, it's a game that will fade in our memories, while the truly big games and moments are there forever. I'm sure Jerry was just excited, but I also think he truly loves these guys and he's genuinely happy for Bland. As you said, he was living in the moment, and while this moment will likely be replaced by another one, at the time, his excitement monopolized his emotions.

Gorgon

Reaction score
I get why he is saying this. Tonight was awesome and moments like these are why sports are special.

To see the locker room celebration after the game and the love these guys have for each other is why we play the game, and love watching it long after we are merely spectators on the couch.

To witness greatness and see something historic is special. While it is not on the level of a SB win— it is truly a remarkable historic moment and an experience that you can tell galvanized this team in a very significant way.

Cheers
Well, there are a lot of nay sayers. "We haven't won more than a couple of playoff games." "We haven't even BEEN to a Super Bowl in 20 years." All correct. But we're talking about today.
This is not the same team that lost to the Cards or SF. I think McCarthy has really refined the offense, has much more big play capability, and that the O-line is getting over injuries. Obviously the big games are coming.
Right now, it's KC and either Philly or Dallas in the SB. Whoever wins that playoff game, if they meet, I think wins the SB this year.

DonaldM

Reaction score
They showed the owners box yesterday in the first half.

Jerruh was intently watching.

Fat Fredo had an entire finger in his mouth, trying to pick something out of the backside of his teeth. Pick pick, then withdraw finger to inspect what he extracted... then, not satisfied, back goes the finger. Not a polite quick little swipe, but face contorting, wide gaping mouth, and finger aallllll the way reaching back as far as it would go. Then inspecting what he dug out again. Right on national TV. As happy, simple minded, and oblivious as a monkey in a zoo...unaware that people are watching while he picks bugs off himself and eats them.
Hilarios.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Well, that’s an image burned into my brain for eternity. Thanks.
Her outfit on national TV wasn't bad enough? It reminds me of my sister - 60 years old and still thinks it's OK to dress like a 15 year old.