This was supposed to be our year

cowboys2233

Reaction score
This weekend is really huge. Can they finally have a 60 minute game where all three aspects of the team play well?
Getting Romo back is huge, but if the defense and ST slack, we do not want a one dimensional offense.

I forgot to mention this in the dolphins thread but the Fins have good backups at DE. Shelby and Fede are guys who are replacing Wake and they were active against Philly

If this team can't beat (frankly, destroy) the Miami Dolphins this weekend, after getting the emotional lift of getting Romo (and to a slightly lesser extent, Sean Lee) back, this team is FAR worse than I thought. I don't think that's the case. I think we'll win this game by two touchdowns, minimum.

No, beating the Dolphins isn't the danger. It's the zero room for any kind of let down. And let downs are a fact of life, it's human nature. As anyone who has played football at any level can attest, it is ridiculously hard to "get up" for every single game, there is bound to be a stinker in there somewhere. No, the Dolphins present no danger because Romo's return will give the team the emotional lift they need. The danger lies in the trap game that no one can see coming.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
That I agree with. Very few teams are dominating and even those that are undefeated are not exactly impressive save New England.

Teams can look unbeatable (like Denver), then start falling apart later on.

And I think that might be the case with New England from here on in. Questionable offensive line, combined with the loss of two major offensive weapons the last couple of weeks, and you might see NE return to earth here in a hurry. That team can overcome a lot, I seriously question if they'll be able to overcome this. And Gronk, as big as he is, just gets pounded. If I were a NE fan, I'd be holding my breath every time he has the ball.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Playoffs are done felllas. We arent making the playoffs.......

OP is right, all we needed to do was win 2.... I really thought we could do it too......

We couldnt; Season isnt over, but the playoffs are. Lots of teams are still mathematically "still in it".....

Having said that, its interesting to contemplate......you could easily rationlaize and eventually convince yourself that not only is it possible, its probable!!! Couldnt go any other way really!!!!!...... youll be surprised if it Doesnt happen!!! ................:) the mind is a funny thing.....

I feel ya...I do. Im right there.....I love that Star too;

Its not happening. And there is no gold at the end of rainbows....no matter how hard you try to find it, you never do.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
And I think that might be the case with New England from here on in. Questionable offensive line, combined with the loss of two major offensive weapons the last couple of weeks, and you might see NE return to earth here in a hurry. That team can overcome a lot, I seriously question if they'll be able to overcome this. And Gronk, as big as he is, just gets pounded. If I were a NE fan, I'd be holding my breath every time he has the ball.

Edelman is going to be a huge loss for them.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Playoffs are done felllas. We arent making the playoffs.......

OP is right, all we needed to do was win 2.... I really thought we could do it too......

We couldnt; Season isnt over, but the playoffs are. Lots of teams are still mathematically "still in it".....

Having said that, its interesting to contemplate......you could easily rationlaize and evebtually convince yourself that not only is it possible, its probable!!! Cpuld go any other way really...... youll be surprised if it Doesnt happen!!! ................:)

I feel ya...I do. Im right there.....I love that Star too;

Its not happening. And there is no gold at the end of rainbows....no matter how hard you try to find it, you never do.

If this team is as good (with Romo) as it was supposed to be, this is not out of the realm of possibility. There have been A LOT of past SB winners that have gone on end of year streaks like this, Parcells always stressed the importance of it. The situation isn't ideal, but it does provide a singular focus for the team -- win the game in front of you, or you're done for the year.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
If this team is as good (with Romo) as it was supposed to be, this is not out of the realm of possibility. There have been A LOT of past SB winners that have gone on end of year streaks like this, Parcells always stressed the importance of it. The situation isn't ideal, but it does provide a singular focus for the team -- win the game in front of you, or you're done for the year.

true enough.

But; I dont think the team is as good as it was suppose to be , even with Romo. We were lucky to win one of the games we did win.....we got a gift in that one.

To many bad decisions imho. They just piled up;

cowboys2233

Reaction score
true enough.

But; I dont think the team is as good as it was suppose to be , even with Romo. We were lucky to win one of the game we did win.....what got a gift in that one.

To many bad decisions imho. They just piled up;

You might be right. But if that's the case, at least we can go into the offseason recognizing that. Might make it slightly easier. LOL. However, I kind of disagree with the fact that we were "lucky" to win the Giants game. We flat out dominated that game, save for a couple of very bad mistakes that kept them in it. I think we were UNlucky to be in the position we were in. But again, that does speak to the slippery slope we're on -- even in those cases where a team dominates, a couple of unlucky or careless turnovers can level the field in a big hurry. We have no room for those kinds of errors either.

CWR

Reaction score
-GB losing Jordy Nelson for the season is huge. Plus their oline stinks.
-Seattle is down
-The entire NFC east is down
-If we were to make it to the Super Bowl, Edelman being out is huge
-Ravens down, Colts down, Broncos have peaked.

Who is scared of Carolina or Arizona?

My God, we have wasted an amazing opportunity. The stars were aligned for us if we had just won 2 games without Romo.

When you put it that way I feel like dog crap. The truth hurts. I can't stop looking at the pass interference against Dez that wasn't called. I'm furious that we are constantly getting screwed. I know we do a good job putting ourselves in that position but what do you expect for a team with out their star qb?

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
You might be right. But if that's the case, at least we can go into the offseason recognizing that. Might make it slightly easier. LOL. However, I kind of disagree with the fact that we were "lucky" to win the Giants game. We flat out dominated that game, save for a couple of very bad mistakes that kept them in it. I think we were UNlucky to be in the position we were in. But again, that does speak to the slippery slope we're on -- even in those cases where a team dominates, a couple of unlucky or careless turnovers can level the field in a big hurry. We have no room for those kinds of errors either.

I think the Giants did a good job of manufacturing those tunrovers. And we did a bad job of NOT allowing them to do that.

Romo coming back gives us a huge bump. were going to win more then we lose from here on out......but, running the table?

nope.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
The problem is Romo is old and prone to injury. The chances of him making it through a full year are very low because he holds on to the ball forever. Partly because we have the slowest receivers in the league. The league is becoming a 3 step drop, get the ball out quick type of league and that's not what dallas does. That's why tony still gets sacked a lot even though he has a top notch line. I'm afraid his window might be closed. Need to get our next QB and have him sit behind romo and wait for him to get hurt again.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
The problem is Romo is old and prone to injury. The chances of him making it through a full year are very low because he holds on to the ball forever. Partly because we have the slowest receivers in the league. The league is becoming a 3 step drop, get the ball out quick type of league and that's not what dallas does. That's why tony still gets sacked a lot even though he has a top notch line. I'm afraid his window might be closed. Need to get our next QB and have him sit behind romo and wait for him to get hurt again.

I consider Romos career play by play...... He is gettin up there in age...

It eventually caught up to Manning......

Lets see how the Broncos do without their franchise.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This season was our year to validate the 2014 season which surprised everyone and we didn't. This season will leave a lot of questions as to where the Cowboys are. Hate to say last season was a fluke because of all the injuries this season and the departure of Murray but it may very well have been a fluke. No one who's in their right mind saw a 12-4 season coming last year that included a playoff win and maybe what we're seeing this season is what the Cowboys really are.

Let's face it prior to last season they were 6-10, 8-8, 8-8, 8-8 and are now on pace for the worst season since 1989. Anytime you drop 7 straight games your issues are deeper than not having your QB. There's issues with the coaching, the running game and the defense all have contributed to the Cowboys being 2-7.

kazzd58

Reaction score
It really is.

How many opportunities are we going to have in the Romo era where the entire NFC East is down, N.O. is down, Seattle is down, Green Bay is down, San Fran is down. In the AFC, the Ravens, Colts, Broncos and Steelers all have problems.

A lot of things were aligned for us if we just finished 2-5 without Romo. This is why I'm so pissed off at Garrett.

I thought about that to man, eventually these east teams are going to get better all chip really needs is his qb for his system Commanders are getting better and the giants u never know Jekyll and Hyde, that window for Romo and Wit is moving further away I hope they get one cause it would be a travesty if he doesn't get one.. i am big tony fan took allllooottttt of heat back in the day for standing up for him even when he threw some picks.. I hope he does something that hasn't been done win super bowl in this situation... cause his division really anything can happen

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
-Seattle is down

My God, we have wasted an amazing opportunity. The stars were aligned for us if we had just won 2 games without Romo.

Yeah, I would really like to know who is to blame for the Weeden situation. He was here for 2 years, then they panic knee-jerk get a journeyman off the scrap heap to replace him. Was he forced on Garrett? Did they not see that he had nothing in practice?

ghst187

Reaction score
yeah really sucks overall, I feel like last year's Cowboys team would easily be undefeated this year and walk to the SB. I just don't see any teams this year that are very impressive. The Pats continue to beat up on teams without a winning record and frankly they aren't that good to begin with outside of Brady. Carolina is good but do you really trust Cam Newton not to screw up in the playoffs?
The only things that could've stopped last year's team from winning the SB in this season would be Red's inability to successfully manage a game or Demarco's fumbling.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
-Seattle is down

This was what this board thought and said so many times.

But the funny thing about football is you never know until they play the games.

Maybe why the ball is pointy on both ends. Chaos theory in leather.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yeah, I would really like to know who is to blame for the Weeden situation. He was here for 2 years, then they panic knee-jerk get a journeyman off the scrap heap to replace him. Was he forced on Garrett? Did they not see that he had nothing in practice?

I've heard Garret lobbied for Weeden and he and the entire organization pumped Weeden up all summer saying how improved he was. According to Jerry and Garrett they were seeing great things with Weeden in practice but practice and games are not the same.