This was supposed to be our year

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
The fact they already have 6 SB wins makes winning a 7th little difference to me. You obviously have a deep hatred for the Steelers. I get some satisfaction knowing the Cowboys are one of only 2 teams to beat them in a SB. The Cowboys currently have a SB edge over every team in their division and I would like to keep it that way. Philly not having a single SB win makes them the butt of a lot of jokes. Too much material would be destroyed if they win a SB.

I hate them because the refs gave them their last 2 superbowls. Their fans are annoying also.

Junglist

Reaction score
Your brain is obviously not wired like Jerry Jones'. He is a pathological optimist. Where others might see failure, he sees opportunity. A loss can be a moral victory. A bye is the same as a playoff win.

He could take away that this team just needs _____(insert whatever thing didn't work here), and if they can just get that, and then get in that darn tournament, anything can happen.

You'd think 20 years of this **** would change his course of thinking.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I hate them because the refs gave them their last 2 superbowls. Their fans are annoying also.

It wasn't the refs fault that Jackie Smith dropped that pass in the endzone or that Randy White fumbled away a KO return later in the game. It was stupidity on the Cowboys part to put White on a return team with a bandaged up hand that resulted in that turnover which led to a Steelers TD. The PI call on Barnes was a horrible call but it was a mistake and the league admitted it. It did result in the incidental contact rule a few months later. The Steelers were the better team they proved it by winning 4 SB's in 6 years. The refs had nothing to do with the plays Swann, Stallworth and Franco Harris made in those games.

The Cowboys made a lot of mistakes that were on them not the refs. One bad call didn't cost the Cowboys both games. Had Smith not dropped a sure TD and White not fumbled away that KO return the Cowboys likely would have overcome the phantom PI call on Barnes. Dorsett also lost a fumble in that particular SB on the Cowboys first drive when they were moving the ball and it led to a Steelers TD. Had the Cowboys not made those mistakes and prevented some of the big plays to Swann and Stallworth they would have won those SB's.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
It wasn't the refs fault that Jackie Smith dropped that pass in the endzone or that Randy White fumbled away a KO return later in the game. It was stupidity on the Cowboys part to put White on a return team with a bandaged up hand that resulted in that turnover which led to a Steelers TD. The PI call on Barnes was a horrible call but it was a mistake and the league admitted it. It did result in the incidental contact rule a few months later. The Steelers were the better team they proved it by winning 4 SB's in 6 years. The refs had nothing to do with the plays Swann, Stallworth and Franco Harris made in those games.

The Cowboys made a lot of mistakes that were on them not the refs. One bad call didn't cost the Cowboys both games. Had Smith not dropped a sure TD and White not fumbled away that KO return the Cowboys likely would have overcome the phantom PI call on Barnes. Dorsett also lost a fumble in that particular SB on the Cowboys first drive when they were moving the ball and it led to a Steelers TD. Had the Cowboys not made those mistakes and prevented some of the big plays to Swann and Stallworth they would have won those SB's.

I was talking about the seattle and Arizona ones. That one was on dallas though. What sucks is they will get another one in the next 2 seasons I feel.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I was talking about the seattle and Arizona ones. That one was on dallas though. What sucks is they will get another one in the next 2 seasons I feel.

Thought you were referring to the SB's vs the Cowboys. First time I've ever heard someone hate on the Steelers for beating other teams in the SB.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Thought you were referring to the SB's vs the Cowboys. First time I've ever heard someone hate on the Steelers for beating other teams in the SB.

Lol I wouldn't care if their wins were legit.

slick325

Reaction score
To the OP...injuries are a part of the game. These things happen. Feels like our favorite team was snake bitten this season but hey...7 games to go just compete until the last whistle of the season.

At least the FO hopefully learned that the depth can still be improved on this team and that a QB, RB, WR, DT and CB are gonna be needs.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Every year in the NFL is different. What you did the year before doesn't necessary mean you are going to continue with the same success or failure, you had the previous year. Maybe with a healthy Romo and a good 2016 draft, we can be one of the top teams again next year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I've seen some things on them that make me think otherwise lol.

You hate them which would cause you to see things that would make you think otherwise. lol The TD to Holmes was legit every angle showed it to be a legal TD. Watched it many times with an unbiased eye and that was a TD.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
You hate them which would cause you to see things that would make you think otherwise. lol The TD to Holmes was legit every angle showed it to be a legal TD. Watched it many times with an unbiased eye and that was a TD.

That td was legit. but the pick 6 by Harrison at the end of the first half wasnt. Multiple holds and blocks in the back by the steelers and the call the cardinals on one. also Harrison did not get the ball in. If you see the front view it's clear the ball never got in.

The seattle one was more obvious though even some steeler fans will admit to that one.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That td was legit. but the pick 6 by Harrison at the end of the first half wasnt. Multiple holds and blocks in the back by the steelers and the call the cardinals on one. also Harrison did not get the ball in. If you see the front view it's clear the ball never got in.

The seattle one was more obvious though even some steeler fans will admit to that one.

Just watched the play and it's extremely close if they would have marked the ball short of the goal line the Steelers would have easily pounded the ball in they would have needed no more than a couple of inches. They would have scored anyway so it didn't matter. As for the Steelers win over Seattle they won by 11 points don't know how the refs could have had a hand in that. Steeler fans admit they were lucky to win that SB only because of how poorly Roethlisberger played. Be honest doesn't your hatred for the Steelers stem from their 2 SB wins over the Cowboys?

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Just watched the play and it's extremely close if they would have marked the ball short of the goal line the Steelers would have easily pounded the ball in they would have needed no more than a couple of inches. They would have scored anyway so it didn't matter. As for the Steelers win over Seattle they won by 11 points don't know how the refs could have had a hand in that. Steeler fans admit they were lucky to win that SB only because of how poorly Roethlisberger played. Be honest doesn't your hatred for the Steelers stem from their 2 SB wins over the Cowboys?

There was no time left though

StarBoyz83

Reaction score

Not really I didn't start hating them until I started working with a ton of steelers fans lol

zack

Reaction score
-GB losing Jordy Nelson for the season is huge. Plus their oline stinks.
-Seattle is down
-The entire NFC east is down
-If we were to make it to the Super Bowl, Edelman being out is huge
-Ravens down, Colts down, Broncos have peaked.

Who is scared of Carolina or Arizona?

My God, we have wasted an amazing opportunity. The stars were aligned for us if we had just won 2 games without Romo.

Yes, that is what makes it even worse. I sit here in Carolina land seeing the Panthers at 9-0 and scratch my head thinking what could be. The one year the NFC doesn't really look dominant....so damn frustrating. .

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There was no time left though

By the time it appeared he crossed the goal line there was 2 seconds left and had they reversed the call they probably would have put at least one second back on the clock to piss you off even more. LOL

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Well you're right. I thought conference record was the tiebreaker before common games. We actually match up pretty well in common games with the Giants. They have a two game lead on us in the conference record.

No is head to head, then division games not same opponents or conference. That's why is a must to win division games.

Look at Rams they are undefeated in their division which means if somehow they tie Arizona they get they division