CFZ This Was The Blueprint - My Thoughts On The Offense

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes.

Take what the defense gives you.

You can't do what Mahomes can do. You can't make those throws. Take the short pass to Pollard or Brown and don't rely on the big play so much. If it's there take it, but don't force it if you don't need to. It's okay to live to play another down. It's also okay with letting your run game flourish.

If they play like this and play within their abilities everything else will take care of itself.
But every once in a while, he has to take a deep shot, even if just for show, just to keep the threat alive.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
It’s your constant trashing that’s the issue. Daks played great for most of his career.

You are such a crybaby! Damn, Dak was great yesterday, and he has not always been great. I swear it's like you are Dak's daddy or something. Cry on this, ok? Dak played great yesterday and he still sucks golf balls through a garden hose!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You are such a crybaby! Damn, Dak was great yesterday, and he has not always been great. I swear it's like you are Dak's daddy or something. Cry on this, ok? Dak played great yesterday and he still sucks golf balls through a garden hose!
And with that picture in Rocky's mind, we won't hear from him for another 15 or 20 minutes. :muttley:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He’s played great most of his career. Sounds like you’re the only one crying.

FTWayne

Reaction score
I bet some of you guys didn't enjoy the game when it was over, you guys had to jump on here and trash other fans. You know it's true. It's like the game is a second thought, "I got to get on cowboyzone.com and trash those guys who trashed so and so."

zeke21

Reaction score
Spot On.. Dak WAS great against Minny and it is the blueprint. I have consistently said that Dak isn't the guy but he is an 'above average bus driver' and his great game yesterday just highlights that. Dak does have the skills to take us to the SB, especially with this defence, but ONLY if our coaches (and Dak!) understand his limitations.

Keep the game simple, rely on the run, wait for the opportunities, protect the ball.

Dak is not a throwing QB and every single time we go 'pass happy' against a solid team we lose. I'd love to see how we do if we stick to the run game, stick to this blue print against good teams.. even if they get 1-2 scores up.. keep to our style.

My fear is that despite so many examples of this style winning games.. KM goes straight back to the passing game everytime. That is also why I'm a little bit worried about getting OBJ.. the temptation will be to use the 'new toy' and forget our strength.

And FWIW I do think you can praise Dak having a good game and still think he is trash overall.

RonWashington

Reaction score
If Schultz catches a beautifully thrown TD pass from Dak then 44-3 . One of his best games in his 7 yrs in Dallas . That bomb to Pollard to open the second half sucked all the air out of the Minnesota minimal hope.

RonWashington

Reaction score
If you saw or heard on radio ( me ) the Wash win over Philly they gashed that team with the run setting up Heinekes effectiveness . Pollard followed by a Zeke sledge hammer has to be KM blueprint rest of the way . Sets up Dak perfectly .

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Sadly the offense is going to change with the return of Tyron and the arrival of OBJ.

Sadly? That should make them better and more explosive, but I wouldn’t be counting on OBJ‘s arrival just yet.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Talking OBJ objectively isn’t he an injury risk over a several yr contract same with inserting 77 into a unit that’s working ?

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
He played within his limits and did not try and do too much. He took what the defense gave him and took shots when they presented themselves instead of trying to force them to materialize.

I apologise for calling you a troll, even though I knew you're not, was just playing with you. But still! There's only one troll here and it ain't you.

Great post, my man. I just snipped this little section out because I can think of two plays where he might have forced it. That crazy sideline catch to CD to get us in FG range. That throw had to be right on the money or it's picked off, and it was right on the money. That was an insane throw and maybe we didn't really need that FG to end the half since we were getting the ball first after the half. I'm sure it did go a long way with Maher's confidence though. He was already confident and this made him even more. Making back-to-back 60 yard FG's will do that.

The other is that throw to Schultz in the endzone into double coverage. That was another perfectly thrown ball but Schultz dropped it. But I think he did force it.

We will see where this big win leads us. It means nothing if we lay an egg against NY. GO COWBOYS!!

starfan1

Reaction score
I apologise for calling you a troll, even though I knew you're not, was just playing with you. But still! There's only one troll here and it ain't it!
No he’s a troll but even trolls have good posts from time to time
And there’s more than 1 troll on this site

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Not sure I called yesterday a blueprint. To me it was just the first time in a long time both the O and D played a complete game. Dak was consistent instead of his typical one good drive followed by a couple three and outs and the defense didn’t get gashed on the ground. I’m not ready to believe they can do it again each week but will be very happy if we look back on that game as a turning point.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Sadly? That should make them better and more explosive, but I wouldn’t be counting on OBJ‘s arrival just yet.
I think if the offense is more run oriented it will be ok but with Tyron returning I expect them to be more pass happy because with Tyron you won’t need the extra tight end to help Tyler. Kellen/Dak want to throw the football. I think OBJ comes here if the money is right.