CFZ This Was The Blueprint - My Thoughts On The Offense

817Gill

Reaction score
First and foremost, Kellen Moore called a wonderful game and had a great game plan Sunday.

I cannot stress enough how well Dak played. He played the way a lot of us here have begged him to play. He played within his limits and did not try and do too much. He took what the defense gave him and took shots when they presented themselves instead of trying to force them to materialize. This is the version of Dak that, if we get each week, would be our best path to success.

The running game was the main focus as it should have been and should continue to be going forward. Zeke played well on his limited carries while Pollard showed that he can still be RB1. Pollard is the best playmaker we have on offense and I don't believe it's all that close. We need to do whatever it takes to get the ball into his hands 15+ times a game. He just makes plays.

The WRs also played great. They caught the ball when given the opportunity, fought for the extra yards, and didn't make Dak fit it into any tight windows. They did a good job getting open and beating their man.

The O-Line continues to be very underrated. They did great in all aspects today. The run blocking is still great and the pass blocking gave Dak plenty of time to get the ball out. We don't talk enough about how well the line has been playing when a lot of us thought for sure they would be a weaker link and they have proven not to be.

This was the blueprint for how the offense needs to be ran week in and week out. We focus mainly on the run game and Dak takes what the defense gives him. I believe that playing this way is our path to success on the offensive side of things.
Man that’s all I ask for from you lol. You’re too smart to make it seem like you don’t see any path to victory with Dak. Good post.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Not that hard to predict these responses really. The same simple minded ones who can't come to terms with Dak having bad games and you pointing it out because IF he has a bad game they believe he STILL is above criticism. Buncha 12 year Olds.

Now their wittle brains can't process you saying he played well.

They will further not know how to process it when Dak again plays poorly and you point it out again.

Kinda like being an honest fan who can both praise and critique when warranted. The pollyannas don't grasp criticism though, lol.

Yesterday was a good start, but I need consistency.

And ultimately, playoff success.

Then I'll take my crow medium well when that happens, thank you.

There is a thing as constructive criticism and just being a downright troll. Here is MountACowboy after week 1 comparing Dak to Gardner Minshew.

For those that were on the fence it's time to face the music. Dak just isn't good. He's an injury waiting to happen at this point and he requires elite players everywhere to even look halfway decent. When Dak is your QB the margin of error with the rest of the roster is incredibly small. The Teddy Bridgewater's and Garner Minshews of the world would look better right now. I mean, I thought Rush looked better.

Guy is trying to pretend he hasn't said the most stupid things this board has seen. Don't tempt me to go find worse because they are there.

75boyz

Reaction score
There is a thing as constructive criticism and just being a downright troll. Here is MountACowboy after week 1 comparing Dak to Gardner Minshew.

Guy is trying to pretend he hasn't said the most stupid things this board has seen. Don't tempt me to go find worse because they are there.

No worries,
My opinions align with his regarding QB performance.
I believe there were positive reviews during last year's early season winning and running game success as well.

If QB play warrants criticism, it should be given.

I am not the biggest fan of this team's GM, HC or QB.
But I still root just as strongly for the team to win.

Not hard to understand nor unjustified if any or all of them are criticized for poor job performance.

Last edited:

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Excellent analysis.

I would add Pollard should start. The first play Zek took for 4 yards. Pollard would have very likely, took it for 10-20 or more yards. Pollard makes guys miss in the hole. Zek punishes them, but they usually make the tackle.

Pollard should play 75-80% of the plays in the first 3 quarters. In the 4th quarter Zek can be the main guy to punish the D.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
First and foremost, Kellen Moore called a wonderful game and had a great game plan Sunday.

The O-Line continues to be very underrated. They did great in all aspects today. The run blocking is still great and the pass blocking gave Dak plenty of time to get the ball out. We don't talk enough about how well the line has been playing when a lot of us thought for sure they would be a weaker link and they have proven not to be.

Thanks for pointing the OL Mcowboy, I thought the OL did a fantastic part . KM did good , except that 1st possession, where they needed 3 yards in 2 tries .

Tyler , Mcgovern , Biadaz, Zack , Terence and occasionally Peters did a fantatsic job .

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
No worries,
My opinions align with his regarding QB performance.
I believe there were positive reviews during last year's early season winning and running game success as well.

If QB play warrants criticism, it will be given.

Not hard to understand nor unjustified.
You're supposed insult me or tell me I'm stupid because I gave Dak credit for a well-played game yesterday, but I criticize him a lot when he plays bad and that's just not how we should be according to some.

You either praise him constantly or not at all.

Duh!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You do realize you suffer from Dunning-Krugar don't you?
Dunning Kruger effect is the result of being too stupid to realize you're stupid, thus having an overconfidence in yourself to the point of thinking everyone else is wrong, and you're right...so...maybe.

75boyz

Reaction score
You're supposed insult me or tell me I'm stupid because I gave Dak credit for a well-played game yesterday, but I criticize him a lot when he plays bad and that's just not how we should be according to some.

You either praise him constantly or not at all.

Duh!

Yup, they don't understand because in their eyes his badly played games should not be criticized.
So that their supposed true fan narrative crap can play out in their little minds.

While the ignorance of facts and gosh forbid film evidence has specifically contradicted and disproved their opinions.

No criticism allowed here, kinda like commie philosophy and Dak is the state. Thou Shalt not speak against him or suffer the consequences, lol.

Like I said, I'm not the biggest fan of Dak, McCarthy or Jerry and I'll criticize all 3 to my heart's content if I think they are doing sucky at their jobs.

And it will be hard for many to grasp I know, but I will still be a hard core fan and root for this team even with those 3 leading it.

Some are incapable of grasping anything past surface level discussion, lol.

Last edited:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yup, they don't understand because in their eyes his badly played games should not be criticized.
So that their true fan narrative can play out in their little minds.

While the ignorance of facts and gosh forbid film evidence has specifically contradicted and disproved their opinions.

No criticism allowed here, kinda like commie theology and Dak is the state. Thou Shalt not speak against him or suffer the consequences, lol.
Pay no mind.

It's just a game and Dak is just a player. They should not get worked up so much if others don't think as highly about him as they do. Dak cares nothing about me or them.

The funny part is posting something I said after the Bucs game (Did anyone think Dak played well that game? lol) as if I'm somehow saying he's the GOAT now and trying to somehow pretend I never criticize him in the past.

Where did I deny ever criticizing him? I simply gave him credit for a good game. I never said I believe he's this great QB all of a sudden.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
So that their true fan narrative can play out in their little minds.

No criticism allowed here, kinda like commie theology and Dak is the state. Thou Shalt not speak against him or suffer the consequences, lol.

So you will go on record with the biggest troll on this forum that the Cowboys would be better with Gardner Minshew at QB? I'm not interested in the little minds thing or whatever other hippy line you want to come up with. I just want a yes or no. Gardner Minshew is better then Dak Prescott.

Only reason I ask is because I like to put members on this board into certain category's and your answer will provide me a nice spot to slot you at. ;)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How’s that being negative? The dude has done nothing but crap on Dak and then he posts a tail between his legs thread never saying how wrong he’s been. It’s just the truth. And you have also been trashing Dak.
Just noticed you added that last sentence after I replied to this post originally. I haven't been "trashing" Dak. I've been giving an honest, unbiased assessment of his performance. I say when he play well, and I say when he plays poorly. I point out the flaws in his game, like inconsistency, and I point out the good parts of his game, like the fact that he has all the tools and ability...unfortunately he doesn't always use those tools properly, hence the inconsistency.

He played exceptionally well against the Vikings, and I hope he continues on that path. I honestly hope he becomes the best QB we've ever had. After 7 years, that seems unlikely, but I still hope.

But he could throw an interception every other pass and you'd still say he's a great QB, and blame everyone else.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
The opposite. You embarrassed yourself mightily when you started the childish insults. We were having a discussion, and instead of explaining yourself, you started acting childish.

I am not a cap expert, and don't pretend to know the ins and outs. Why don't you start over and explain to me why you think the money left over from this season won't be rolled into next season and used for improvements?

The original premise, written to someone else other than you, was concerning the whining about salaries of players in the middle of the season, which isn't much more than a hollow grievance about spilled milk.

My comeback was to point out the Jones people do not routinely use the capital they have in reserve to bring in top flight talent. So any kvetching about salaries, as if the team will suddenly build a winner by lavishing riches on someone like Von Miller, were the team to spend less on the players they have, is completely out of character for them, and as pointless as The View.

It was at this juncture you began telling me I was wrong about the cap. The bolded line in the above post by you indicates you didn't get what I was saying.

I never said there was no floor in cap spending.
I never said there was no way to roll money over to next year.
I never indicted the team would not roll over whatever they had stowed away.
I did say the player acquisition was not fond of spending big buck.

Evidentially from your comments, you assumed I was talking about the cap, when I am actually talking about the strawman position of crying about salaries that have already been allotted for players currently on this team. It's a sad lament that people cannot just get past yesterday's mistakes and enjoy this year as it unfolds to wherever it is going.

As to childish name calling, I did not once call you a name. But looking at your track record in this exchange, I could have suggested you might work on reading comprehension.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I cannot stress enough how well Dak played. He played the way a lot of us here have begged him to play. He played within his limits and did not try and do too much. He took what the defense gave him and took shots when they presented themselves instead of trying to force them to materialize. This is the version of Dak that, if we get each week, would be our best path to success.

The running game was the main focus as it should have been and should continue to be going forward. Zeke played well on his limited carries while Pollard showed that he can still be RB1. Pollard is the best playmaker we have on offense and I don't believe it's all that close. We need to do whatever it takes to get the ball into his hands 15+ times a game. He just makes plays.

The WRs also played great. They caught the ball when given the opportunity, fought for the extra yards, and didn't make Dak fit it into any tight windows. They did a good job getting open and beating their man.

This was the blueprint for how the offense needs to be ran week in and week out. We focus mainly on the run game and Dak takes what the defense gives him. I believe that playing this way is our path to success on the offensive side of things.

A positive post from you?? Wow Christmas came early

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The original premise, written to someone else other than you, was concerning the whining about salaries of players in the middle of the season, which isn't much more than a hollow grievance about spilled milk.

My comeback was to point out the Jones people do not routinely use the capital they have in reserve to bring in top flight talent. So any kvetching about salaries, as if the team will suddenly build a winner by lavishing riches on someone like Von Miller, were the team to spend less on the players they have, is completely out of character for them, and as pointless as The View.

It was at this juncture you began telling me I was wrong about the cap. The bolded line in the above post by you indicates you didn't get what I was saying.

I never said there was no floor in cap spending.
I never said there was no way to roll money over to next year.
I never indicted the team would not roll over whatever they had stowed away.
I did say the player acquisition was not fond of spending big buck.

Evidentially from your comments, you assumed I was talking about the cap, when I am actually talking about the strawman position of crying about salaries that have already been allotted for players currently on this team. It's a sad lament that people cannot just get past yesterday's mistakes and enjoy this year as it unfolds to wherever it is going.

As to childish name calling, I did not once call you a name. But looking at your track record in this exchange, I could have suggested you might work on reading comprehension.
You posted about people "whining" about money, when nobody brought up money in the first place. It was only about the fact that because of his contract, Dak will be the QB for a while still, so the HC and OC need to adjust to his skill set, as they did yesterday. That's all it was. Had absolutely nothing to do with how much he was getting paid. So talk some more about reading comprehension.

75boyz

Reaction score
So you will go on record with the biggest troll on this forum that the Cowboys would be better with Gardner Minshew at QB? I'm not interested in the little minds thing or whatever other hippy line you want to come up with. I just want a yes or no. Gardner Minshew is better then Dak Prescott.

Only reason I ask is because I like to put members on this board into certain category's and your answer will provide me a nice spot to slot you at. ;)

You are entirely too clever for me.
I plead the 5th.
Put me in your ig slot now.

Last edited:

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Man that’s all I ask for from you lol. You’re too smart to make it seem like you don’t see any path to victory with Dak. Good post.

I can actually agree with this. I said something very similar to him once. I think he has pretty good view of things opposite of my view, but when he destroys every thread with negativity after a loss and even sometimes wins and pretends there should be no repercussions is where my issue lies the most. Even this thread feels like a thread that he can bring up if the Cowboys go on a deep run in the playoffs. A simple apology for his knee jerk posts and attitude goes along way in my opinion. To me this thread doesn't feel like that. It feels like a protect myself from what I've done in case I'm wrong about everything thread.

JeffInDC

Reaction score

Great post...while I obviously don't know Dak and, he pretty much admitted in last night's interview that he "hears" what the reporters and others say about him. I think it's become obvious that he presses too much trying to a) prove he can carry the team and b) live up tp his contract. The sad fact is he can live up to the contract just by delivering wins, ESPECIALLY winsa against the better opponents. He just needs to learn that being a really good game manager/bus driver isn't a terrible thing and that he just needs to make some big plays when the time comes, but NOT the entire game. Let the rest of the team do their jobs as well. It's NOT that hard.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
You posted about people "whining" about money, when nobody brought up money in the first place. It was only about the fact that because of his contract, Dak will be the QB for a while still, so the HC and OC need to adjust to his skill set, as they did yesterday. That's all it was. Had absolutely nothing to do with how much he was getting paid. So talk some more about reading comprehension.

This is the post (below) I originally responded to by John Van Brocklin.

Very fair write up.
We are married to Dak with that contract, so we best figure out how to use him most effectively.
It all came together nicely against the Vikes and I sure hope that everyone learned from it.

This was my response to him. Second page of this thread.

Have all the fans of the Dallas Cowboys become accountants? You could have said Dallas used Dak effectively without mentioning the money, which doesn't belong to any of us.

And frankly, after seeing Little Anus hug his pocketbook this season like it was his last dollar bill, when has this franchise in the last 10 years really brought in a top flight, expensive free agent that has made a difference?

I see the money comments and wonder if you realize they will not spend it anyway. So on the cheap doesn't mean they would have gone out and gotten Von Miller. Or Tom Brady.

Let it go. It's done. Your girlfriend cheated on you and left you. Get over it.

This was your comment on my post to John Van Brocklin.

He only mentioned the contract to stress the fact that Dak isn't going anywhere for a long time, so they need to continue to figure out how to get the best out of him.

You do understand contract and money are synonymous in this instance. Right? Especially, when my first comment started off with a question about Cowboy fans becoming accountants.

You entered this conversation between me and John Van Brocklin. You even mentioned the contract in your first post using the word we, which includes you.. Yet you are now telling me no one said anything about money.

I'm not certain what has gotten in the water lately to cause people to get their panties in a bunch. The irony is John Van Brocklin liked my post. Evidently he understood it was mostly tongue-in-cheek.

The only folks who found my comments to be offensive were you and kskboys. Two people who jumped into a discussion between two other people.