CFZ This Was The Blueprint - My Thoughts On The Offense

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Just noticed you added that last sentence after I replied to this post originally. I haven't been "trashing" Dak. I've been giving an honest, unbiased assessment of his performance. I say when he play well, and I say when he plays poorly. I point out the flaws in his game, like inconsistency, and I point out the good parts of his game, like the fact that he has all the tools and ability...unfortunately he doesn't always use those tools properly, hence the inconsistency.

He played exceptionally well against the Vikings, and I hope he continues on that path. I honestly hope he becomes the best QB we've ever had. After 7 years, that seems unlikely, but I still hope.

But he could throw an interception every other pass and you'd still say he's a great QB, and blame everyone else.
No you constantly have trashed him. Good game or not. Like you just did.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is the post (below) I originally responded to by John Van Brocklin.

This was my response to him. Second page of this thread.

This was your comment on my post to John Van Brocklin.

You do understand contract and money are synonymous in this instance. Right? Especially, when my first comment started off with a question about Cowboy fans becoming accountants.

You entered this conversation between me and John Van Brocklin. You even mentioned the contract in your first post using the word we, which includes you.. Yet you are now telling me no one said anything about money.

I'm not certain what has gotten in the water lately to cause people to get their panties in a bunch. The irony is John Van Brocklin liked my post. Evidently he understood it was mostly tongue-in-cheek.

The only folks who found my comments to be offensive were you and kskboys. Two people who jumped into a discussion between two other people.
No, they're not synonymous. The fact that Dak is our QB for the foreseeable future is because he's under contract, and while the contract is monetarily based, the financial aspect of it has absolutely zero to do with what @john van brocklin was saying. All he was saying is that the Cowboys are bound to Dak and vice versa, and therefore, they need to utilize his strengths, because he's not going anywhere. JVB wasn't complaining about the contract in any way.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
No, they're not synonymous. The fact that Dak is our QB for the foreseeable future is because he's under contract, and while the contract is monetarily based, the financial aspect of it has absolutely zero to do with what @john van brocklin was saying. All he was saying is that the Cowboys are bound to Dak and vice versa, and therefore, they need to utilize his strengths, because he's not going anywhere. JVB wasn't complaining about the contract in any way.

Perhaps you should allow others to speak for themselves, and not butt into a conversation which was not addressed to you. Just sayin'.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Perhaps you should allow others to speak for themselves, and not butt into a conversation which was not addressed to you. Just sayin'.
Maybe, but I was trying to clear up your misunderstanding and you couldn't just admit that you misunderstood the nature of his post.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
A balanced offense and great pass rush can win you a lot of games in the NFL. It won the Giants two Super Bowls recently. Get out to a lead early, control the clock on offense, then let the pass rushers eat.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Why is there so much vitriol over the OP saying that Dak and the offense has sucess when the game plan is like it was yesterday?

The comment was about ONE game and one game only.
That's where I'm confused also.

They act like I'm on here pretending Dak is amazing all of a sudden when all I've done is give him credit for playing well Sunday.

If Dak tries to be Mahomes on Thursday, looks bad, and we lose then I will be criticizing him just like he would deserve. If he plays well then I will say he plays well.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Maybe, but I was trying to clear up your misunderstanding and you couldn't just admit that you misunderstood the nature of his post.

Oh, it was the, "maybe I was trying to clear things up," gambit.

Well, gosh, you should have just said that to begin with.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh, it was the, "maybe I was trying to clear things up," gambit.

Well, gosh, you should have just said that to begin with.
Would that have mattered, or would you have just insisted that you were right? I'm thinking the latter is more likely.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
That's where I'm confused also.

They act like I'm on here pretending Dak is amazing all of a sudden when all I've done is give him credit for playing well Sunday.

If Dak tries to be Mahomes on Thursday, looks bad, and we lose then I will be criticizing him just like he would deserve. If he plays well then I will say he plays well.

I think you might consider this. The formula for success is keeping a clean pocket, but establishing the run. You stated as much in the original post.

I cannot stress enough how well Dak played. He played the way a lot of us here have begged him to play. He played within his limits and did not try and do too much. He took what the defense gave him and took shots when they presented themselves instead of trying to force them to materialize. This is the version of Dak that, if we get each week, would be our best path to success.

I have been stressing this for a while now. Dak is what he is. He needs a clean pocket to succeed. But that is not synonymous with he is useless.

For gosh sakes, Nick Foles won a ring.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If telling the truth is trashing, then I guess I'm guilty...but a normal, reasonable person doesn't see honest evaluation as trashing.
It’s your constant trashing that’s the issue. Daks played great for most of his career.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I think you might consider this. The formula for success is keeping a clean pocket, but establishing the run. You stated as much in the original post.

I have been stressing this for a while now. Dak is what he is. He needs a clean pocket to succeed. But that is not synonymous with he is useless.

For gosh sakes, Nick Foles won a ring.
Yes.

Take what the defense gives you.

You can't do what Mahomes can do. You can't make those throws. Take the short pass to Pollard or Brown and don't rely on the big play so much. If it's there take it, but don't force it if you don't need to. It's okay to live to play another down. It's also okay with letting your run game flourish.

If they play like this and play within their abilities everything else will take care of itself.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s your constant trashing that’s the issue. Daks played great for most of his career.
"Constant trashing"? You're confusing me with somebody else...but no, he hasn't played "great" for most of his career. He's played great games here and there, good games here and there, and really bad games here and there. That's why I say he lacks consistency. Yesterday he was in command of the offense, made very good decisions, excellent throws, with nice touch, and ran when it was a good option. What's more, he trusted the running game, which is absolutely to his credit.

You can't even see when he makes mistakes. Everything he does is perfect in your eyes, and that's fine. You go ahead and be as sycophantic as you want, but don't accuse others of "trashing" Dak, when they're giving an honest evaluation.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
"Constant trashing"? You're confusing me with somebody else...but no, he hasn't played "great" for most of his career. He's played great games here and there, good games here and there, and really bad games here and there. That's why I say he lacks consistency. Yesterday he was in command of the offense, made very good decisions, excellent throws, with nice touch, and ran when it was a good option. What's more, he trusted the running game, which is absolutely to his credit.

You can't even see when he makes mistakes. Everything he does is perfect in your eyes, and that's fine. You go ahead and be as sycophantic as you want, but don't accuse others of "trashing" Dak, when they're giving an honest evaluation.
No he’s played great for most of his career. The only time he hasn’t is when injured or coming off an injury.