This was your preview of Life without Romo

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
We may not agree on what round, but I think all agree it's time to draft a QB. I don't want the developmental guys, give me a blue chip guy who can step in the next time Tony goes down. Franchise Dez and use him to move up the board.

Ive been wanting Dallas to draft a QB all this time. They spent way too much time drafting Safeties from small schools that never worked out. Just find a Safety in free agency or use a high round pick for one and use our 3rd and below for a QB.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I hate Jerry the GM as much as the next guy, but taking a shot at Henson for a 3rd rounder was a good move, especially for a team looking for a long term answer at QB. If Henson hadn't left football to play baseball, he might have been the #1 overall pick. But being away from the game for so long was just too much to overcome.

I was okay with the trade. I was not okay with us holding onto him for so long thinking he was all of a sudden become NFL ready. We hold onto these projects for way too long before we decide to boot them.

dfense

Reaction score
But it didn't have to be that way. They had no succession plan in place and made horrific personnel decisions there until they brought Bill Parcells on board to do their job for them.

It's an indictment on the fraud front office that still exists today. If like after Romo ends up being what we saw today, blame those two complete morons.

Go Cowboys, by the way. I won't apologize for being a fan.

I can come up with a pretty long list of Parcells personel failures in his tenure. First one being trying to take Roid boy over Ware. Lucky the idiots running the show overruled him.

Dodger12

Reaction score
I was okay with the trade. I was not okay with us holding onto him for so long thinking he was all of a sudden become NFL ready. We hold onto these projects for way too long before we decide to boot them.

I hear you. They gave him time to develop at NFL Europe and I remember tuning in just to see Henson and it was concerning to see just how bad he was, especially his mechanics. Parcells never liked him but I think he was kept around so long to appease Jerry.

Dodger12

Reaction score
I can come up with a pretty long list of Parcells personel failures in his tenure. First one being trying to take Roid boy over Ware. Lucky the idiots running the show overruled him.

You can look at every personnel guy and point to missed picks and you can say the same thing about Jerry and Manziel this year but the right call was made at the end of the day. But you have to look at that era as a whole. BP rebuilt the team from the ground up and made it competitive again. No easy task after three straight 5 and 11 seasons.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Manziel looks much better as a back up and somebody who can create plays.

Life without Romo is right around the corner.

He's never going to play well enough to ever advance this team.

It's over for the Romo era.

Now there is the matter of his contract and Garrett still being here at the end of the year.

Until we breakup up the Jones\Romo\Garrett Triplets thing..

we have no chance.

Its the same year after year.

:facepalm:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He may not be a Hall of Famer, but this team is dead in the water without him.
Love or hate him, he is worth about 5 or 6 wins a season.
The team today reminded me of the 5 and 11 Campo years. Yuck !

Totally unrelated, but our specials teams SUCK !
2 blocked kicks in 9 games this year ??? Really ???

Life without Romo and a bad quarterback.

It doesn't have to be as bad as it was yesterday. Even if we had a Ryan Fitzpatrick type we would've won that game yesterday.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Only thing that was confirmed after this game is this team would be stupid not to go QB in round 1 of next year's draft. Weeden reminded me of Hutchinson and the throwing mud against the wall mentality displayed after Aikman was released. Dumpster diving sounds right.

Depends on the QB's available when we're on the clock. What would be stupid would be picking a QB just to pick a QB. Want Chritian Ponder? If your only criterion for QB is that he be a first rounder, stick with Weeden.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
What about the Baylor QB? I am asking not suggesting they draft him. I saw him in a few games & he looked good.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
He may not be a Hall of Famer, but this team is dead in the water without him.
Love or hate him, he is worth about 5 or 6 wins a season.
The team today reminded me of the 5 and 11 Campo years. Yuck !

Totally unrelated, but our specials teams SUCK !
2 blocked kicks in 9 games this year ??? Really ???

not if they prepare and draft a QB.
but if they don't, and bring in guys like weeden...
yeah, sure...

ufcrules1

Reaction score
So if no Romo then Weeden type QB would be our only option? There is life after Romo, we just have to prepare properly or that life after Romo will be a Weeden type. So far we haven't prepared at all.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not a Romo worshiper but yesterday was a sad confirmation that Weeden is no replacement for him, neither is Dustin Vaughn. The plan to give this team a solid replacement for Romo needs to be in place right now. Romo will not be around much longer and then life will be what we got yesterday.

VACowboy

Reaction score
What about the Baylor QB? I am asking not suggesting they draft him. I saw him in a few games & he looked good.

Petty has good size and doesn't throw a lot of INTs, but he isn't particularly accurate.

If we're drafting a project, I like Kevin Hogan or Taysom Hill. If we' absolutely have to take a QB in round one, I'll take Connor Cook at #32. :D

khiladi

Reaction score
The GM isn't a talent evaluator. Neither is his son.

Neither is the HC as some would have us believe... Everybody has been riding the coat-tails of Romo... Lousy drafting, except with the line the last couple years and crappy coaching and schemes. It becomes clearly evidence how bad coaching is when Romo is out.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Depends on the QB's available when we're on the clock. What would be stupid would be picking a QB just to pick a QB. Want Chritian Ponder? If your only criterion for QB is that he be a first rounder, stick with Weeden.

I said don't square peg it?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So if no Romo then Weeden type QB would be our only option? There is life after Romo, we just have to prepare properly or that life after Romo will be a Weeden type. So far we haven't prepared at all.

Vaughn?

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Petty has good size and doesn't throw a lot of INTs, but he isn't particularly accurate.

If we're drafting a project, I like Kevin Hogan or Taysom Hill. If we' absolutely have to take a QB in round one, I'll take Connor Cook at #32. :D

Ok. I've seen parts of maybe 2 Baylor games & he looked really good but in retrospect I think those games were against very poor opponents.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Round 1 quarterbacks almost never pan out.

Who are these non 1st QBs that you speak of? Already listed Romo, Brady, and Brees. Austin Davis, Foles, Fitzpatrick, Dalton, Hoyer, and Kaep...you want to go that route? Manning, Rodgers, Cutler, Luck, Rivers, Stafford, Roeths, etc. Which group looks more talented? You want a good QB, you have to have the stones to take a chance @ a bust. We lucked out into Romo, as did NE/NO; but where did this mantra come from that they are found later? JJ?:D

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score

I'm not a college football fan, but it seems to be coaching just looking at the numbers of their QBs... look at RG3..