CFZ This wasn’t just a loss- it was a revelation

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I think Mike sees what he can call with this guy and it's not much. He doesn't trust the starter. Maybe more running plays and field goals.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I expected to lose. The fact we were blown out just defines how much SF has widened the gap between us and probably the rest of NFL and maybe the league.

I was much more embarrassed from the loss at AZ.

The hype had been over blown all year. Some of us tried to warn everyone . But it didn’t mean we still can’t be what I thought we would be as a WC team .
The “hype” we get every year from the Jones boys is a given. What disturbs me is this FO’s inability to look with a discerning eye at their roster to recognize their own weaknesses. They like their own guys too much. They run this team like they are all family members instead of a pro football team trying to win a championship.

A clear message was sent to this organization last night.

Last night was a contrast of two organizations. One - the niners - are being led by a GM whose job depends entirely upon winning playoff games. The Cowboys on the other hand are being run like a family donut shop where the owner and his kids are running everything regardless of results on the field. The Forbes “championship” means more to this owner than winning a championship.

Don’t believe me? Tell me what changes this organization will do in response to this embarrassment they were handed last night and every year for nearly 3 decades? Answer: Nothing will change at the top.

tunahelper

Reaction score
That was a big boy thrashing by a far superior team to a Cowboys team that clearly is not as good as they thought they were.

Here’s some revelations:
  • The forty niners have a far superior organization- GM, head coach, roster and coaching staff. That’s just the obvious truth. I’ve never seen a Mike McCarthy team that out coached.
  • This defense is too small. They get pushed around. They can pass rush but that doesn’t help when you’re behind and have to stop the run.
  • The Cowboys roster looks incomplete and inadequate vs a team like SF.
This wasn’t just a loss. This was a revelation that this team is NOT in the top eschalon of the NFC.
It's not something we have not seen play out now for several seasons. Physical teams take it to us with run game and play action. Opponents with physical fronts and that can cover overwhelm Dak.

We are what we are. Now this team can either die now or choose to improve.

Going to be fun to see what choice they make.

jsb357

Reaction score
This was a revelation that this team is NOT in the top eschalon of the NFC.
And has not been a TOP NFC team in a long, long time.

It's the Jerry and Stephen blue and silver smoke and mirrors show.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not something we have not seen play out now for several seasons. Physical teams take it to us with run game and play action. Opponents with physical fronts and that can cover overwhelm Dak.

We are what we are. Now this team can either die now or choose to improve.

Going to be fun to see what choice they make.
Physical teams have bullied us for a very long time. I will never understand why the Jones FO doesn’t get that this team is soft, small and lacks a cohesive design for its entire roster. It’s like they just want to be entertaining more than they want to be dominant.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was a big boy thrashing by a far superior team to a Cowboys team that clearly is not as good as they thought they were.

Here’s some revelations:
  • The forty niners have a far superior organization- GM, head coach, roster and coaching staff. That’s just the obvious truth. I’ve never seen a Mike McCarthy team that out coached.
  • This defense is too small. They get pushed around. They can pass rush but that doesn’t help when you’re behind and have to stop the run.
This wasn’t just a loss. This was a revelation that this team is NOT in the top eschalon of the NFC.
….and all this was blatantly evident the last time we played the 49ers…..

tunahelper

Reaction score
Physical teams have bullied us for a very long time. I will never understand why the Jones FO doesn’t get that this team is soft, small and lacks a cohesive design for its entire roster. It’s like they just want to be entertaining more than they want to be dominant.
No doubt. I get their philosophy of athletes first at all positions, but you have to be strong inside to win big.

Mr_437

Reaction score

Here’s some revelations:
Absolutely. This revelation is why the reaction, to the game, is so bitter. It's clear the Cowboys aren't good enough to win big, and this organization has to rebuild the offense, and maybe tweak the defensive personnel.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The “hype” we get every year from the Jones boys is a given. What disturbs me is this FO’s inability to look with a discerning eye at their roster to recognize their own weaknesses. They like their own guys too much. They run this team like they are all family members instead of a pro football team trying to win a championship.

A clear message was sent to this organization last night.

Last night was a contrast of two organizations. One - the niners - are being led by a GM whose job depends entirely upon winning playoff games. The Cowboys on the other hand are being run like a family donut shop where the owner and his kids are running everything regardless of results on the field. The Forbes “championship” means more to this owner than winning a championship.

Don’t believe me? Tell me what changes this organization will do in response to this embarrassment they were handed last night and every year for nearly 3 decades? Answer: Nothing will change at the top.
They are incapable of objectively assessing their roster. It has been the issue for years.

This team will probably still win 10+ games and make the playoffs, but I am pretty convinced they have almost no chance of making an NFCCG.

Darkhound

Reaction score
Lmbao. Revelation to whom? Only low I.Q. fans with horse blinders on would think Dallas had a chance to beat SF or any above .500 team with a pulse.

They put out the same inferior product with the exact same weaknesses every year.
There are PLENTY of fools here who think our (Team the Cowboys) will do something relevant

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
……they have learned nothing by this shellacking. They will continue to call others “trolls” when a fan is using logic to critique our team

we all know who they are. Happy members of “Team Delusion”.

as pitiful as are player’s performance was.
I don't see them here today either.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Well 6 of those points happened as Trent Williams sent LVE head first into our best player with a dirty block in the back outside the tackle box, which was a rare play that one of their O line wasn't holding #11...then there was the body slam on Pollard followed by the fastest establishmentof possession of a fumble I have ever seen on the sideline out of bounds. The fix was on, because Vegas was not going to pay out for the underdog.
I call it the snowball effect.
I little aid in getting that ball rolling and before you know it, it has spiralled out of control.
....finger meets scale....

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The refs had zero to do with the outcome.
unfortunatly the Cowboys gave less than zero to that outcome... again that might be the most gutless lose I've seen, not came out flat, not overlooked a team, they literally showed thier belly to SF 5 minutes into the game...gutless.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Absolutely. This revelation is why the reaction, to the game, is so bitter. It's clear the Cowboys aren't good enough to win big, and this organization has to rebuild the offense, and maybe tweak the defensive personnel.
This organization needs a rebuild starting at the GM position. Having the same two guys making all the big decisions about this hasn’t worked for so long now just changing or adding to the player mix or changing HCs isn’t going to fix core problem. The core problem has 5 letters: J-O-N-E-S. They are good at making money. That’s it.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Well 6 of those points happened as Trent Williams sent LVE head first into our best player with a dirty block in the back outside the tackle box, which was a rare play that one of their O line wasn't holding #11...then there was the body slam on Pollard followed by the fastest establishmentof possession of a fumble I have ever seen on the sideline out of bounds. The fix was on, because Vegas was not going to pay out for the underdog.
The line was 3.5 points. They got their doors blown off 42-10. Let's not indulge this fantasy.