CFZ This wasn’t just a loss- it was a revelation

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I didn’t say they were a lock. But not sure why losing this game lowers them below the other 3-2 teams ?

Now this could change pending how we respond to this loss. But a game we expected to lose shouldn’t change much. We still have a better offense and defense than most of the rest of those 3 win and 2 loss teams .

The biggest factor I take out of this game is SF has widened the gap . IMO they are best team not only in NFC but prob NFL at this time .

I expect us to continue rolling against average to less than average teams and struggle against greater teams .
I’m disgusted. I don’t know what else to say. We were embarrassed. A bunch of poses.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
8 total first downs (in other words 2 first downs per quarter) and under 200 yds of total offense. Yeah that's a revelation of the worst kind.
It's also a statement of how solid the SF's defense is from top to bottom.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
You listed 2 plays you thought were questionable.

2 plays accounted for 42 points by our opponent?

Dak's 3 picks were also the ref's fault I am guessing?
Come on, you know those picks were San Fran's fault. If only they wouldn't have played zone, Dak would have been fine. Teams are supposed to play man coverage against Dak so he can rack up his stats.

fredp22

Reaction score
It wasn’t just a loss it was a complete butt whipping and the entire nation got to witness it. :flagwave: The game got built up to be the battle of Titans, and it turned out to be Tyson versus Spinks.
more like Tyson vs. Pee Wee Herman

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
" Dallas fans either watch games with blinders on or they have the lowest I.Q. out of any fan base."

"they"? Freudian slip?
Not true. Many are passionate about their team. I have a Masters degree in Biological Medical research and plenty of common sense to match. You on the other hand are an idiot.

links18

Reaction score
That was a big boy thrashing by a far superior team to a Cowboys team that clearly is not as good as they thought they were.

Here’s some revelations:
  • The forty niners have a far superior organization- GM, head coach, roster and coaching staff. That’s just the obvious truth. I’ve never seen a Mike McCarthy team that out coached.
  • This defense is too small. They get pushed around. They can pass rush but that doesn’t help when you’re behind and have to stop the run.
  • The Cowboys roster looks incomplete and inadequate vs a team like SF.
This wasn’t just a loss. This was a revelation that this team is NOT in the top eschalon of the NFC.
It's only a revelation if you bought the annual preseason hype fest from the Jones Boyz.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m disgusted. I don’t know what else to say. We were embarrassed. A bunch of poses.
I expected to lose. The fact we were blown out just defines how much SF has widened the gap between us and probably the rest of NFL and maybe the league.

I was much more embarrassed from the loss at AZ.

The hype had been over blown all year. Some of us tried to warn everyone . But it didn’t mean we still can’t be what I thought we would be as a WC team .

Last edited:

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
That was a big boy thrashing by a far superior team to a Cowboys team that clearly is not as good as they thought they were.

Here’s some revelations:
  • The forty niners have a far superior organization- GM, head coach, roster and coaching staff. That’s just the obvious truth. I’ve never seen a Mike McCarthy team that out coached.
  • This defense is too small. They get pushed around. They can pass rush but that doesn’t help when you’re behind and have to stop the run.
This wasn’t just a loss. This was a revelation that this team is NOT in the top eschalon of the NFC.
The 49'ers look like a well oiled, well coached juggernaut last night. We looked amateurish and not coached well at all on both sides of the ball. Just beside myself on believing this team had the "IT" factor. Snake oil salesman Jerry did it again.

foofighters

Reaction score

Here’s some revelations:
This was a typical Jerry Jones led football that we've seen for over a decade now. Losing doesn't bother me. The 9ers have a very good team but man, can't we just show up and compete? Over the last 15-20 years, I've seen too many games just like this. Doesn't matter who the coaches are. Doesn't matter who the QB is. What's the one constant? When are fans going to stop drinking the JJ kool-aid?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Here’s some revelations:
we got outsmarted, out coached, out played. they came ready. we weren't. they focused on taking out Parsons. and nobody else stepped up. nobody else made their presence felt. nobody else played. on offense, I didn't see one instance our WRs had separation. our run games sucked. Dak sucked. and on the other side, they kept getting open. that play call on the goal line was brilliant. getting the ball to a wide open. WIDE OPEN full back. this team is over rated. everything about this organization is over rated.

foofighters

Reaction score
A lot of the problems tonight stemmed from the NFLs wanting the Niners to be relevant enough to have officials on the field ignore obvious malicious actions after the whistles which resulted in key players leaving the game with injuries and holding on the greatest defensive player on the Cowboys on every series at least once.
Everyone gets held. Holding happens all the time. Go back and watch the game...tell me what you see in the first Q with our players. Just look at their body language. What's that tell you?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's also a statement of how solid the SF's defense is from top to bottom.
Right… and that’s really the take away for me . SF has widened the gap. And probably elevated themselves to top of the conference and probably the league.

Meanwhile we are still just a WC team . Our new offense isnt helping us. It wasn’t Moore. And defense not great enough to stop good offenses . Parsons was basically out of the picture . So much for MVP.

It was our defense I was most disappointed with. I was hoping they might make a difference. Once we were down 27-10 I didn’t expect our QB or offense to bring us back against the defense without help from our defense .

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
The refs had zero to do with the outcome.
They still were horrible and its annoying win or lose.
Dono wilson steps over a player and its unsportman like conduct and one away from an ejection.
49ers players punches one of our guys in the face and its unnecessary roughness, not an ejection like it shouldve been. (They got away with another punch to the face vs the giants too).
Constant late hits not called
Parsons being held nearly every play

Doesnt make up for the game at all, but its just annoying and makes it hard to watch.

Reaction score
Another ”big game” disaster from Dak, though the good news for him is that he wasn’t the only stinker in this game — the defense was terrible. Another year of overhype by JJ and it is amazing that some Cowboy fans still buy into that garbage. I imagine the other players are finally realizing that with JJ in charge & Dak at QB, we will never win the SB. We’ll still make the playoffs as a wildcard but likely will have to beat both Philly & SF which ain’t happening, and we won’t be able to draft a real QB in this year’s draft.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
This was a typical Jerry Jones led football that we've seen for over a decade now. Losing doesn't bother me. The 9ers have a very good team but man, can't we just show up and compete? Over the last 15-20 years, I've seen too many games just like this. Doesn't matter who the coaches are. Doesn't matter who the QB is. What's the one constant? When are fans going to stop drinking the JJ kool-aid?
that '07 patriots game was another gut punch after how hyped it was.

RD21

Reaction score
I think we can reveal that Dak is clearly on the downside of his career and has taken a turn for the worse. Starting somewhat last year and now becoming an issue.

Pollard looks slow, no burst and looks old. This Oline even looks old.

MM is way past his time. Almost looking Parcells like with this offense. He has turned the #1 scoring offense into a plodding dump off offense that cant run or do much more than kick FG's.
100%

Not sure how anyone could defend Dak after this performance. It's not like he was interviewed & specifically mentioned how much this game meant, & how difficult it was to live with his performance against them in the playoffs the last 2 years. Right or wrong, Dak went into this game to prove something. I think he accomplished that.

I agree with your assessment of Pollard. I think he's in a similar boat as Dak. Looks great against weaker teams, & can be productive when everything else is working. Not a game changer, or the type of player to take over a game against a really good opponent.

MM will have no one to blame after this season, & will be given his walking papers at season's end. Perhaps sooner if we continue to poop the bed. Jerry doesn't love him like he did Garrett.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
we got outsmarted, out coached, out played. they came ready. we weren't. they focused on taking out Parsons. and nobody else stepped up. nobody else made their presence felt. nobody else played. on offense, I didn't see one instance our WRs had separation. our run games sucked. Dak sucked. and on the other side, they kept getting open. that play call on the goal line was brilliant. getting the ball to a wide open. WIDE OPEN full back. this team is over rated. everything about this organization is over rated.
This is why this loss is so much more than just a regular season loss. It was a pull back of the curtain to reveal one organization that is superior from top to bottom and our organization that appears to be nothing what they thought they were. This will most likely have a long hangover.