CFZ This wasn’t just a loss- it was a revelation

CxC1993

Reaction score
There’s absolutely nothing positive to take away from a game like this. Nothing that we can hang onto as “at least we have-“. This team is a bunch of pretenders until they prove otherwise.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Right… and that’s really the take away for me . SF has widened the gap. And probably elevated themselves to top of the conference and probably the league.

Meanwhile we are still just a WC team . Our new offense isnt helping us. It wasn’t Moore. And defense not great enough to stop good offenses . Parsons was basically out of the picture . So much for MVP.

It was our defense I was most disappointed with. I was hoping they might make a difference. Once we were down 27-10 I didn’t expect our QB or offense to bring us back against the defense without help from our defense .
I even told a friend before the game started that the D was going to have to win this game for us. At 21-7 I told him they will put a 40 burger on us. Wish I would have been wrong but you could see that SF was just a much better team. Weapons everywhere on D, not to mention the offense.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is why this loss is so much more than just a regular season loss. It was a pull back of the curtain to reveal one organization that is superior from top to bottom and our organization that appears to be nothing what they thought they were. This will most likely have a long hangover.
Could be. Maybe our players had bought into the hype as well. You’d think the AZ loss would have been our humbling moment.

This loss is just a reminder we haven’t arrived yet. Some teams obviously have improved much more than we thought we had .

But it doesn’t mean the season is over or a total reset is necessary unless this leads to a collapse which would mean more of a leadership issue than talent .

shabazz

Reaction score
The homers here were too busy telling everybody that the Zona game was just a fluke, nothing to worry about.

Tonight showed beyond a shadow of a doubt that Dallas is not even in the same stratosphere as the 49ers, it was like watching Georgia play Western Omaha.

Even the homers cant spin this, it was a total demolition on national TV and even the homers know we dont belong on the same field as the 49ers.
……they have learned nothing by this shellacking. They will continue to call others “trolls” when a fan is using logic to critique our team

we all know who they are. Happy members of “Team Delusion”.

as pitiful as are player’s performance was.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I even told a friend before the game started that the D was going to have to win this game for us. At 21-7 I told him they will put a 40 burger on us. Wish I would have been wrong but you could see that SF was just a much better team. Weapons everywhere on D, not to mention the offense.
This defense isn’t as dominating without creating turnovers .

That was my greatest hope coming in was that our defense could carry us. Not sure why fans thought our QB would carry us against a great defense .

Yea, once we were down 14 was probably over. Definitely over at 27-10.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This Cowboys team is a front runner . Don’t overcome adversity well. We play well with a lead. That’s a weak mentality and I place that on our leadership and coaching.

75boyz

Reaction score
it all goes back to the QB and the offense. 10 pts. the defense was gassed but there were 3 and outs. in the first half
The offense's 2 leaders will ultimately be why this team fails.
From the big picture perspective the NFL triangle of GM, HC and QB are the primary components to success.
But then again, the GM ain't on the field.

That leaves the HC (AND playcaller) and QB.
And unfortunately these 2 keep proving that my prediction of HC playcalling and QB decision making as keys to this year's success or failure, is proving prophetic.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
That was a big boy thrashing by a far superior team to a Cowboys team that clearly is not as good as they thought they were.

Here’s some revelations:
  • The forty niners have a far superior organization- GM, head coach, roster and coaching staff. That’s just the obvious truth. I’ve never seen a Mike McCarthy team that out coached.
  • This defense is too small. They get pushed around. They can pass rush but that doesn’t help when you’re behind and have to stop the run.
  • The Cowboys roster looks incomplete and inadequate vs a team like SF.
This wasn’t just a loss. This was a revelation that this team is NOT in the top eschalon of the NFC.
Our offense gave us zero chance.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Defense is overrated, can beat on "some" crappy teams but fail against top teams and a few (AZ) bad teams.

Offense is broken and simply sucks.

Right now, this team may struggle to make the post season, look at the schedule.
To be fair, they were out there most of the game.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
So.....I guess we're not doing another one of those threads this week where we give out "stickers" for best plays?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
That was a big boy thrashing by a far superior team to a Cowboys team that clearly is not as good as they thought they were.

Here’s some revelations:
  • The forty niners have a far superior organization- GM, head coach, roster and coaching staff. That’s just the obvious truth. I’ve never seen a Mike McCarthy team that out coached.
  • This defense is too small. They get pushed around. They can pass rush but that doesn’t help when you’re behind and have to stop the run.
This wasn’t just a loss. This was a revelation that this team is NOT in the top eschalon of the NFC.
This is the coach that figured out how to beat our offense.

He’s a rookie DC.

https://www.azcardinals.com/team/coaches-roster/nick-rallis

cowboyblue22

Reaction score

Here’s some revelations:
i think you are spot on with this post this season is pretty much over for the cowboys and i think there will be major changes in the offseason looks like it could be a long season for this team

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The defense is clearly too small. They were destroyed. Parsons had no chance of even holding his ground in the run game. He was so exhausted from being man handled that he couldn’t even rush. All that said, along with the fact that I can’t see any way we would have won because they took Lamb out of the game with a perfect scheme and aggressive secondary play, I’ll still throw it out there. The score may have been 7-7 at half if not all the stupid penalties on defense that kept us from getting off the field and back on offense.

Dak played well early, executing the plays, but we were too vanilla and conservative. He missed Cooks deep, getting the ball the perfect distance but leading him out of bounds after a scramble and not setting his feet. Once we were toasted, he totally fell apart and just forced desperation throws. I didn’t like that.

His first interception followed Lamb letting a good deep pass go through his hands, but that’s no excuse to start throwing into coverage.

Am I the only one who was shocked to hear Collingsworth, early on when he was trying to praise the new offense, when he said at least half the offense wasn’t even in yet?! He gets this stuff from meeting with coaches during the week. He said we hadn’t even started putting in the protections for the 7 step drop yet! WTH?! Isn’t the deeper drops for pushing the ball down field and allowing more double moves, etc?

CWR

Reaction score

Here’s some revelations:

No doubt we are a tier below the niners.

Dallas may well be the 3rd best team in the conference, but the gap between

One. And. Three is massive

perrykemp

Reaction score
This Cowboys team is a front runner . Don’t overcome adversity well. We play well with a lead. That’s a weak mentality and I place that on our leadership and coaching.
Looked like a lot of the Packers teams McCarthy led for 10 years. Front runners that would fall apart if teams took leads on them.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Here’s some revelations:
Yep, great post. The defense is great playing with a lead when they can just rush the passer. We got bullied last night just like we did in the playoff game. The goal of the offseason should be to close the gap. But our FO is in denial about the roster every offseason. It’s a “ we’ll get ‘em next year” mentality. But they never close the talent gap.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Looked like a lot of the Packers teams McCarthy led for 10 years. Front runners that would fall apart if teams took leads on them.
The scheme he wants to run doesn’t work.

Teams just playing zone cover on us.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It wasn’t just a loss it was a complete butt whipping and the entire nation got to witness it. :flagwave: The game got built up to be the battle of Titans, and it turned out to be Tyson versus Spinks.
I'm thinking Khabib v. McGregor.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Yep, great post. The defense is great playing with a lead when they can just rush the passer. We got bullied last night just like we did in the playoff game. The goal of the offseason should be to close the gap. But our FO is in denial about the roster every offseason. It’s a “ we’ll get ‘em next year” mentality. But they never close the talent gap.
Also, losing KMoore looks to be a huge mistake now.

KMoore > Big Mike.