This wasn't a bad game for Dak

BoysForLife

Reaction score
True but there are options out there like Bridgewater and Foles who will be available after this season and who could at the very least be brought in to push Dak if nothing else.

Add Flacco to the list, he’s not what he once was But we could get him cheap And I think he could keep things moving for a year or two until we find a permanent solution

I love the idea of Foles

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Andrew Luck was never pressured or touched, not even when he scrambled. Luck even passed for less than 200 yards, something Dak did. But it's easier just to say Dak sucks.

Clue: game was won/lost in the trenches.

Funny, I don’t remember you giving a lot of credit to the trenches for the wins over the last few weeks

But the minute we lose a game the finger gets pointed their way. Interesting

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Funny, I don’t remember you giving a lot of credit to the trenches for the wins over the last few weeks

But the minute we lose a game the finger gets pointed their way. Interesting
Really? You probably were too busy complaining with Dak's performances to have noticed. I always give credit to the trenches for the victories. That's where you win or lose games.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Really? You probably were too busy complaining with Dak's performances to have noticed. I always give credit to the trenches for the victories. That's where you win or lose games.

I’m sure we all missed it. I saw you crowing a lot about Prescott and telling people like me to go find another team to root for

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Guess thats why QB are the most Expensive (money and pick wise) players usually on the field......are these owners nuts....get off-lineman you know play-makers...LOL....Football 101 by a Dak-Zoid :laugh:

Ddisco22

Reaction score
As I noted in game thread, a game like this puts Dak’s limitations on blast.

Down a couple of scores we still have to grind out drives to try to score. He’s simply not the type of QB that can attack down the field and get chunks of yards and score quickly.
He always takes them down the field, what are you talking about? The problem is that once we get there something changes and none of us know the reason, we are just being fans!
Penalties kill us at the worst times, convert a 1st get a hold, convert a 1st get a flag, those aren't on Dak!
I'm not saying he's not a part of the problem but it wouldn't have mattered who was back there if the entire team sucked.

nhcowboyfan

Reaction score
When we win no credit goes to Dak, when we lose it's all on Dak. Such a stupid fanbase
It was the same nonsense with Romo. He could throw for 400 yards and 3 TDs, but if he failed to throw his 4th TD of the game, after our defense gave up the lead, he was the "ONLY" reason we lost.
I agree that Dak has some fundamentals that need to be improved. But during yesterday's game, I didn't see one phase of the game, or any player, that stood out. Every one on that team -- players and coaches alike -- should bow their head in shame for yesterday's performance.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It was the same nonsense with Romo. He could throw for 400 yards and 3 TDs, but if he failed to throw his 4th TD of the game, after our defense gave up the lead, he was the "ONLY" reason we lost.
I agree that Dak has some fundamentals that need to be improved. But during yesterday's game, I didn't see one phase of the game, or any player, that stood out. Every one on that team -- players and coaches alike -- should bow their head in shame for yesterday's performance.
Yes, it was. Those are the same people that are here now telling you there is nothing wrong with Dak and it's all everyone else's fault.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
Linehan is actually using Dak correctly. He isn’t being ‘mid-used’. It’s pretty clear they want him to manage the game and not turn the ball over, while relying on the running game.

The problem with this conservative approach is, he’s too inconsistent. You can substitute Dak with any game manager and get yet same results, if not better especially the way Zeke is running, particularly if you got a guy who throws in the middle of the field or somewhat accurately deep.

Another problem is he's now turning the ball over. Lots of interceptions and I believe the leads the league in QB fumbles. Even Troy pointed out that if you are going to tuck and run up the middle, have both hands on the ball. Sure enough.

Bennie

Reaction score
If nobody gets open downfield your only option is the checkdown over and over again.i believe that's not only on dak but most of all Scott L

Just stop! There are open recievers. Dak just doens't have the vision, metal make up, or the arm to get them the dam ball on time.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
If nobody gets open downfield your only option is the checkdown over and over again.i believe that's not only on dak but most of all Scott L

I'm not a fan of this conservative offence. But Dak needs to trust his receivers to make a play. NFL DB's are good for a reason. Yet you have to keep them honest and trust Cooper and Gallup to come up with a contested reception.

FTWayne

Reaction score
Agreed.

Folks keep trying to bring up the fact he’s in his third year.

Precisely.

He’s in his third year and he’s got fundamental issues with the primary function of being a QB. Throwing the ball.
maybe he needs to run more. lmao

Nav22

Reaction score
Whatever. It was a bad week.

If we make the FG and if Olawale doesn’t drop the ball, that’s a completely different ballgame.

That’s no excuse for not bouncing back, but it happens. The entire team was lifeless. The defense simply took the week off too.