This wasn't a bad game for Dak

Pokes12

Reaction score
Stop the madness, I mean really just STOP. Dak is not the future QB for this team. Too many aspects of his game is missing to be truly affective. We can watch, we know what we see. Enough excuses. Really ENOUGH
Here is the problem. Dak is an average QB. the coaching staff is miss-using him. But if we let him go, what are we going to do. Paxton Lynch, Brandon Weeeden, Mark Sanchez, Kellen Moore. Let's not forget what a waste land it was between Romo and Dak.

Cmac

Reaction score
And he wasn't the Warrior or clutch that I've been hearing for the past 5 weeks.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
I can think of one down the sidelines that he threw to the outside shoulder instead of the inside that would have been six and another where there was clearly PI but not called

It's the only one that anyone can recall. I hoped he turned the table when he started taking shots deep to Gallup. Did Gallup even play? Not a single target. O-line didn't help though.

khiladi

Reaction score
Linehan is actually using Dak correctly. He isn’t being ‘mid-used’. It’s pretty clear they want him to manage the game and not turn the ball over, while relying on the running game. They want him to make plays when he needs to. This is similar to what they tried in 2015 when Romo went down, while the defense continued to hold the opposition out of the end-zone, which they actually did in 2015.

The problem with this conservative approach is, he’s too inconsistent. You can substitute Dak with any game manager and get yet same results, if not better especially the way Zeke is running, particularly if you got a guy who throws in the middle of the field or somewhat accurately deep.

khiladi

Reaction score
And he wasn't the Warrior or clutch that I've been hearing for the past 5 weeks.

He’s only brought the team back from 10 points or more, twice in his career, and that was in 2016. 10 points is basically two scores so it’s a good game to judge ‘clutch’.

They think Dak’s fourth quarter when being down by 1 is clutch, when in reality the only reason they are down 1 in the first place is because of Dak. They should be up by a couple scores, but this guy keeps settling for field goals.

Bellichek has succeeded for years ceding yardage, but clamping down in the red-zone giving opponents only FGs.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Here is the problem. Dak is an average QB. the coaching staff is miss-using him. But if we let him go, what are we going to do. Paxton Lynch, Brandon Weeeden, Mark Sanchez, Kellen Moore. Let's not forget what a waste land it was between Romo and Dak.

Flacco is going to be available next year and he would be a really nice temporary solution until hopefully we can get our hands on that kid from Missouri in 2 years

But I'm sure our idiot drunk of an owner will pay Dak about $130 million instead

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Flacco has not done anything since the SB victory. Give me the back up at NO, he would be better than Flacco.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
43% of 0 is 0. He needs to be a beast in the red zone. Barkley is just as effective as him in the red zone. Zeke should be a TD machine but is not.
I was referencing yardage output, obviously. Zeke is not a td machine this year as he has been in the past. Maybe we should blame the offensive line, and Garrett, and Linehan, and the scheme and the gameplan, and vaccines....

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I was referencing yardage output, obviously. Zeke is not a td machine this year as he has been in the past. Maybe we should blame the offensive line, and Garrett, and Linehan, and the scheme and the gameplan, and vaccines....
I know. I was unfortunate to have him in fantasy keeper league. Traded the right to draft Barkley for Zeke. That was a mistake.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know. I was unfortunate to have him in fantasy keeper league. Traded the right to draft Barkley for Zeke. That was a mistake.
I only do daily leagues now. That said, I had them both in a number of lineups today and it didn't end well.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
True but there are options out there like Bridgewater and Foles who will be available after this season and who could at the very least be brought in to push Dak if nothing else.