Thomas vs Berry vs Mays

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Who will make the best NFL safety?

I believe Thomas will in the longrun be better than Berry.

The Realist

Reaction score
Like asking who was a better OT........

Orlandon Pace, Jonahthan Ogden or Robert Gallery.

Can't go wrong with Berry or Thomas.

Mays is bust city.

He'll be a LB or out of the league.

I say Thomas will be the best.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Berry is #1 by far - Thomas is good, but Berry's instincts are unreal.

Mays is a bust waiting to happen; why take a safety who can't cover? We've been down that road and Mays is even worse in coverage than RW.

But hey, he hits hard.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
IMO Eric Berry is Ed Reed, Earl Thomas is Troy Polamalu, and Taylor Mays is Adrian Wilson. All Pro-Bowlers when used in the right way.

Eric Berry is a Top 5 talent. Earl Thomas is a Top 15 talent. Taylor Mays is low first round/high second round talent but could go higher if a team falls in love with him at the combine.

Morgan Burnett is someone who should be in the conversation as well.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3251368 said:
IMO Eric Berry is Ed Reed, Earl Thomas is Troy Polamalu, and Taylor Mays is Adrian Wilson. All Pro-Bowlers when used in the right way.

Eric Berry is a Top 5 talent. Earl Thomas is a Top 15 talent. Taylor Mays is low first round/high second round talent but could go higher if a team falls in love with him at the combine.

Now I doubt Taylor Mays is Wilson.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Berry, Thomas and M.Hamlin/Ball in that order.

In other words I don't want mays.:D

Berry or Thomas would be great IMO.

However I think O-Line is what we target first unless Berry would fall to us and I doubt that happens.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3251415 said:
Now I doubt Taylor Mays is Wilson.

Adrian Wilson 6'3" 230 4.54 40 time
NC State -254 Tackles 3 Interceptions

Taylor Mays 6'3" 230 4.47 40 time
USC - 274 Tackles 5 Interceptions 4-time All-American

CoolNClutch

Reaction score
Berry is the best. He can do everything the other two can and more. Ballhawk/centerfielder like Ed Reed or play in the box like Bob Sanders.

Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3251527 said:
Adrian Wilson 6'3" 230 4.54 40 time
NC State -254 Tackles 3 Interceptions

Taylor Mays 6'3" 230 4.47 40 time
USC - 274 Tackles 5 Interceptions 4-time All-American
\\

lol..are you kidding me ? No way Mays turns out to be ANYTHING close to Wilson. Wilson put up those numbers in 2 years and mays in 4 BTW. Berry is the best, followed my Thomas who is not to far, and Mays a distant 3rd..has bust written all over him.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3251582 said:
\\

lol..are you kidding me ? No way Mays turns out to be ANYTHING close to Wilson. Wilson put up those numbers in 2 years and mays in 4 BTW. Berry is the best, followed my Thomas who is not to far, and Mays a distant 3rd..has bust written all over him.

Wilson played 3, Mays played 4. I am not arguing that Mays isn't third, I agree with that. The bust issue is an opinion to be settled by his results on the field. I stand by my statement that the kid is a football player and will be a force if utilized correctly.

What exactly does Wilson do that you feel Mays can't? Similar size and playing style and Mays is considerably faster and more athletic.

I know it's popular to label Mays a potential bust right now but he was a 4-time All-American. How did that happen? The media that votes on All-American teams is stupid and the media saying Mays might be a bust knows what they are talking about?

Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3251599 said:
Wilson played 3, Mays played 4. I am not arguing that Mays isn't third, I agree with that. The bust issue is an opinion to be settled by his results on the field. I stand by my statement that the kid is a football player and will be a force if utilized correctly.

What exactly does Wilson do that you feel Mays can't? Similar size and playing style and Mays is considerably faster and more athletic.

I know it's popular to label Mays a potential bust right now but he was a 4-time All-American. How did that happen? The media that votes on All-American teams is stupid and the media saying Mays might be a bust knows what they are talking about?

Take away Mays' measurables specifically his speed at 6'4 230 and he's a no name. He's proven that he can't cover over and over, he only goes for the big hits, cant wrap up, has no instincts, has no ball skills, he cant make plays, and did I mention he cant cover ? I dont know about you but to me that has BUST written all over it. Roy Williams 2nd. The fact that you even put Mays in the same sentence as Wilson makes me laugh. The only thing similar here is there size, yes Mays is faster, but wilson can hit, cover ( 23 career int, 5 this year ), gets to the quarterback better then any DB to ever play the game, hes a leader, has great instincts the list goes on and on. Take mays out of the box and he's lost.

As for that all american BS..gimme a break. He's an All American because of all the hype. (3 time BTW). The only season hes had that can even be considered an all american season is his freshmen year, and even thats pushing it, when he had 63 tackles and 3 picks. In his Soph year when he recorded 65 tackles and 1 pick..you consider that an all american year ? his jr year when he recorded 53 tackles and 0 picks..you consider that an all american year ? same goes for his senior season. There are MANY other D1 safeties who deserved all american honors rather then him.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3251616 said:
Take away Mays' measurables specifically his speed at 6'4 230 and he's a no name. He's proven that he can't cover over and over, he only goes for the big hits, cant wrap up, has no instincts, has no ball skills, he cant make plays, and did I mention he cant cover ? I dont know about you but to me that has BUST written all over it. Roy Williams 2nd. The fact that you even put Mays in the same sentence as Wilson makes me laugh. The only thing similar here is there size, yes Mays is faster, but wilson can hit, cover ( 23 career int, 5 this year ), gets to the quarterback better then any DB to ever play the game, hes a leader, has great instincts the list goes on and on. Take mays out of the box and he's lost.

As for that all american BS..gimme a break. He's an All American because of all the hype. (3 time BTW). The only season hes had that can even be considered an all american season is his freshmen year, and even thats pushing it, when he had 63 tackles and 3 picks. In his Soph year when he recorded 65 tackles and 1 pick..you consider that an all american year ? his jr year when he recorded 53 tackles and 0 picks..you consider that an all american year ? same goes for his senior season. There are MANY other D1 safeties who deserved all american honors rather then him.

:laugh2:

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I take Thomas over anyone else in the draft....unfortunately, he will be too high to take and too expensive to go up and get.

My hope is that the G-Men do not take him if he is still on the board at 15.

The Realist

Reaction score
Mays sucks so bad I would be ecstatic if another NFCE team drafted him.

He's a fast RW31 who doesn't make plays.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
The Realist;3251722 said:
Mays sucks so bad I would be ecstatic if another NFCE team drafted him.

He's a fast RW31 who doesn't make plays.

NYG need a safety, lets hope they waste the 15th pick.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3251368 said:

MORGAN BURNETT 4 LIFE!

Earl Thomas is no Troy Polamalu

Taylor Mays is well...... you already know what I think by now:D