RELEASED Thornton released

jjktkk

Reaction score
Double edged sword.

Same front office that signed him.

Last two year's free agent class of Thornton and Carroll are extremely underwhelming. Better drafting, but this bargain-hunting, cutesy free agent targeting has not been great.

Better than spending big money and missing on free agents. I'm hoping the better drafting will negate these will eventually negate these signings all together.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again we disagree. The DTs shoot most plays in this D. And Neal has been praised for his ability to make contact first and use his hands well. He's not being asked to play a 0 or a 1 that holds. His technique and disruption is why he's on the PS.

In obvious passing situations they often play both DTs as 3techs.

He is a liability against the run.

I just don't see when he would ever play the 1tech position.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
In obvious passing situations they often play both DTs as 3techs.

He is a liability against the run.

I just don't see when he would ever play the 1tech position.

He's been playing it. I don't see anyone but Paea as good against the run unless Crawford is well AND at DT

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's been playing it. I don't see anyone but Paea as good against the run unless Crawford is well AND at DT
Collins is way better against the run. That's also why they got Price from the Packers.

As Fuzzy said, they might call up Ash before Neal if they need more run defense.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Collins is way better against the run. That's also why they got Price from the Packers.

As Fuzzy said, they might call up Ash before Neal if they need more run defense.

We can agree to disagree.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Maybe Crawford will realize hes not safe after all this next off-season. Granted he already got his money from the terrible contract.

NYNY

Reaction score
31-29 Giants

Hankins was a good player at DT. He wasn't a difference maker. Giants will be fine without him. Vernon will have his way with Tyron again. Dez will get shut down again. Written will be a nuisance, but he isn't able to carry the offense.Giants match up really well with Dallas.